Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Weird. Thought he was very good in his overall play, showed his quick feet and quick thinking and ability to play it quickly and under pressure. Will be exactly what we've been missing in midfield IMO.
Weird because I really don't think that he was. He is clearly better than the likes of Lingard and Pereira but he has been very average in general play. His set pieces and shooting technique are top class though. But he has been around for less than 3 weeks and players that spend the entire preseason with their new club often don't hit the ground running, so there is no reason to be worried or to expect a lot more in the short term.

mancan92

It’s his 2nd game you need to lower your expectations.
Why? I will expect more going forward sorry I don't like everyone constantly lowering standards. Yes he looks decent compared to the likes of lingard and pereira but I expect him to be more than better than that lot.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Chelsea clearly aren't a bogey team anymore. Its a poor excuse. I will be expecting more from him cause without those two set pieces he was missing for 60% of the game. He runs alot but atleast you know with pogba he will be in the middle of everything we do. It won't all come off but he doesn't hide from the ball.
How the hell was Bruno hiding? you're off your rocker :lol:

The fact is we sat deep and countered into the space. We gave their wingers zero room which is why Chelsea created sod all.

This wasn't a match for Bruno to show the world he's a star play maker, but in the home games where we play more attacking and he has more freedom, then you can complain if he doesn't get involved.

3KDré

Why? I will expect more going forward sorry I don't like everyone constantly lowering standards. Yes he looks decent compared to the likes of lingard and pereira but I expect him to be more than better than that lot.
Because he's been here for two games. Let him get used to the players around him and the league

mancan92

The fact is we sat deep and countered into the space. We gave their wingers zero room which is why Chelsea created sod all.

This wasn't a match for Bruno to show the world he's a star play maker, but in the home games where we play more attacking and he has more freedom, then you can complain if he doesn't get involved.
I hope so. As I said I will expect more going forward. At Watford I will expect him to do more in general play.

kkengvib

I thought he had a decent game but struggled to get on the ball. Needed to be more involved.
You can tell he has 'it' though. He made some really nice passes and looked calm & composed on the ball. Doesn't dwell on it like Pogba does.

What I really like so far is that he's already showing his leadership qualities, encouraging people to make attacking runs and press since the first game.
He appears to be vocal and already has a good command of English. We need that sort of mentality in midfield. His ceiling might not be as high as Pogba but I feel he's more of what we need.

Trying not to get too excited. Hope he does well here.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The same pogba that everytime he plays is top ranking for pretty much every attacking stat for us except shooting.

The same pogba who is literally our whole attack when he plays for better or worse pogba is a player who is always involved.
Pogba fans really are deluded.

bsCallout

He hardly had a world class game but i'm not sure what people were expecting from him in that set up. We played very deep.

Every time he got the ball he looked to play forward, moved the ball fast and get up the pitch.
He plays the ball so quickly and with such good technique that our transitions are so much better.
He ran his socks off and was happy to challenge for everything and was vocal with the other players which was great to see.
His set pieces are a breath of fresh air.

It is a shame Pogba wants out as those two could play really good together. Hopefully we get Grealish next to him.

Excited to see how this team comes together with players fit and the summer transfer window. Think he was a great buy.

romufc

This was a game for him to show when it matters, he will deliver. He was neat and tidy during the game, but now when we have set pieces, with him around you expect a brilliant delivery in.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Or we actually watch the games without irrational hate and use stats to back up how influential he is.
I actually like Pogba as a footballer and believe he has a lot to offer. He just hasn't been consistent enough for us and hasn't played to his full potential. I wouldn't mind if he stays and at the same time I wouldn't be bothered if we cashed in on him.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Seemed pretty dodgy to me first half but for the first 20 minutes of the second half where the game was won he showed real quality.

TsuWave

I actually like Pogba as a footballer and believe he has a lot to offer. He just hasn't been consistent enough for us and hasn't played to his full potential. I wouldn't mind if he stays and at the same time I wouldn't be bothered if we cashed in on him.
That is not what being discussed by the other poster. He said when Pogba does play, he pretty much tops all of our attacking stats, which is true, regardless if you think he’s consistent or playing at his full potential or not.

You called him deluded for making factual assertions then attempted to move the goal posts.

I disagree with that poster in his assessment of Bruno, but his sentiment regarding Pogba is correct.

Erictheking7

From the trawler in front of the seagulls.........
All I can say, is that from what I've seen so far, I'm absolutely gutted we didn't get him in the summer. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but with what has happened this season with the demise of Pogba as a Manchester United player, we really left ourselves short without a play-maker.

Classical Mechanic

What's up? I can feel there's something going on between the Fernandes vs Maddison/Grealish comparisons. :D
A lot of posters on here seem to rate negatively players that create most of their chances from set-pieces. I think there is some credence to the idea that crosses tend to be harder to score from than through balls etc. I think that criticism is aimed at Maddison more who can have largely quiet games like Fernandes did yesterday but will generally put in a few wicked corners/free kicks every game.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
That is not what being discussed by the other poster. He said when Pogba does play, he pretty much tops all of our attacking stats, which is true, regardless if you think he’s consistent or playing at his full potential or not.

You called him deluded for making factual assertions then attempted to move the goal posts.

I disagree with that poster in his assessment of Bruno, but his sentiment regarding Pogba is correct.
It depends on how much faith you put in the stats, some of these attacking stats are rediculous. I rather judge with my own eyes, despite the stats he hasn't been as influential as people are making out .

dogwithabone

I agree. ‘Hiding’ is just about the least appropriate word to describe him last night. He was constantly showing for the ball and while all his touches didn’t come off he is something different to what we have and something we desperately need.

Give him time and he will become a sensational player for us.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I thought he had a decent game but struggled to get on the ball. Needed to be more involved.
You can tell he has 'it' though. He made some really nice passes and looked calm & composed on the ball. Doesn't dwell on it like Pogba does.

What I really like so far is that he's already showing his leadership qualities, encouraging people to make attacking runs and press since the first game.
He appears to be vocal and already has a good command of English. We need that sort of mentality in midfield. His ceiling might not be as high as Pogba but I feel he's more of what we need.

Trying not to get too excited. Hope he does well here.
This is one aspect of Pogba's game that needs improving,likely somewhere else.
He doesn't release early one-touch passes often.

Stadjer

This is one aspect of Pogba's game that needs improving,likely somewhere else.
He doesn't release early one-touch passes often.
That also has to do with teammates though. I am sure Pogba is able to do it. I would love to see Pogba and Bruno play together in midfield.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I agree. ‘Hiding’ is just about the least appropriate word to describe him last night. He was constantly showing for the ball and while all his touches didn’t come off he is something different to what we have and something we desperately need.

Give him time and he will become a sensational player for us.
The fact is he's played 2 matches against 2 of the better teams in the league (Wolves,Chelsea) and he's looked like he's played in the premier league all his life.

Look at Keita from Liverpool, he had similar stats in the german league and he had a very slow start. Everything looks pretty positive to me, especially considering the pressure and expectation on him.

SambaBoy

Technique rarely lets him down when you compare him to Lingard and Pereira. Just a really clever player. He will get better with time and probably won't see the best of him till next season

Stadjer

Likely wont happen. :lol:
I can still hope... right? :(

Pogba, Bruno and Fred. It might not work because it doesnt look the strongest setup in defense but with a good centre back duo and AWB covering it might work out. Also despite what some people claim, Pogba isnt incapable of doing some defensive work and Bruno his defensive stats at Sporting werent that bad either if i remember correct.

That midfield three would have the energy of Fred, Bruno his shooting and Pogba his extra quality. It could also turn out to be shit but i think it would be a very entertaining and creative midfield.

flappyjay

Could have scored a freekick vs wolves and hit the post yesterday. It's so good having a proper set piece taker. It will be better vs Watford when we also have Mata back in the line up who isn't so bad himself.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Well actually if we sell Pogba, I would say we can play all 3 together. Grealish plays on the left of a front 3 for Villa. And we could play a midfield 3 of Bruno, Maddison and McTominay with the latter playing a holding role. Akin to a 4-3-3 that City play. Of course doing this would either mean playing Rashford through the middle or at RW and I don't know if the management plans on doing that. But I don't think it's impossible to fit Grealish, Maddison and Bruno together.
That can be worked out in Fifa and that's it.

McT is still growing and will be exposed as a CDM. If Grealish goes to left , Rashford goes to centre I assume - which by itself is a bad move.

Diamond is the only one I can think about but you still need 2 defensive minded midfielders to make it work. Again, one of them loses out

theklr

The fact is he's played 2 matches against 2 of the better teams in the league (Wolves,Chelsea) and he's looked like he's played in the premier league all his life.

Look at Keita from Liverpool, he had similar stats in the german league and he had a very slow start. Everything looks pretty positive to me, especially considering the pressure and expectation on him.
Exactly. And Wolves and Chelsea (even with Kante out) has two of the better midfields in the PL even.

I'm actually excited to see what he could do against Club Brugge and Watford. Without him I dont think I would even have bothered to watch the Watford game because I would know exactly how it would go, at least style-wise.

El-Manos

Very promising. Liking him so far. Seems to be the spark we’ve missed in recent years in that number 10 role.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Very promising. Liking him so far. Seems to be the spark we’ve missed in recent years in that number 10 role.
Based on what we've seen so far it's probably a bit of a disservice to label him a 10. He looks to have a lot more in his locker and certainly isn't what you'd call a 'luxury player'.

I agree though, I am really looking forward t seeing what he can bring over the rest of the season and beyond.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Weird because I really don't think that he was. He is clearly better than the likes of Lingard and Pereira but he has been very average in general play. His set pieces and shooting technique are top class though. But he has been around for less than 3 weeks and players that spend the entire preseason with their new club often don't hit the ground running, so there is no reason to be worried or to expect a lot more in the short term.
Yeah, I hope people just have a bit of patience, so many of our recent signings have taken time to settle in and I have no doubts Bruno will need the same bedding in period before he can get to his best.

romufc

McT is still growing and will be exposed as a CDM. If Grealish goes to left , Rashford goes to centre I assume - which by itself is a bad move.

Diamond is the only one I can think about but you still need 2 defensive minded midfielders to make it work. Again, one of them loses out
Does that mean City play Fifa?

Fred/ Mctominay as CDM with two box to box. Grealish is capable of defending, so is Bruno.

We have defensive full backs as well which will help us protect the counter attack.

What difference is it playing 442 to 433 with one holding?

Devil may care

He didn't do a lot on the ball in open play but he worked hard and his set pieces were on point.

OleTheGreat

Some of you here are being insane with your comments on Bruno. I thought he was excellent, in fact he kept asking for the ball many times but didn't receive it many many times. That's not his fault now, is it? He did well but the players around him didn't really ping him when necessary. Fred and Matic went sideways many times while Bruno was standing in the pocket of space in the #10 position. I think they'll only recognize his potential if they keep going to him every chance they get because i think he loves the ball at his feet and likes to find passes that are not so easily readable. So stop being insane and watch the matches carefully before you condemn our players.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Jose used McTominay exclusively as a DM and he excelled in big matches against the likes of Chelsea and Pool. He's an extremely disciplined player and I would have no qualms about playing him as a DM.

You can play 4-3-3 with 2 advanced midfielders if your front 5 are good at pressing, something which Bruno, Maddison, Rashford and Grealish all are. As for playing Rashford through the middle, I would like to remind you that it wasn't too long ago where people said Rashford was never good enough on the left when he was played there by Jose, people would clamour for him to be played through the middle. He proved that in the right system, he was great out on the left. Similarly, if you have creative players behind him who allow him to stretch the defense and not have to come deep for the ball( which Martial does for us because our creativity in midfield is poor), he'd be great through the middle as well.

I'm not saying Rashford has to be played through the middle, but a system can work with a high pressing 4-3-3 that has the likes of Grealish, Bruno and Maddison.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He didn't do anything spectacular on the ball, but what he did do was add movement to a midfield that desperately needed it. I don't get the hyper critical response to a player who's been here for two games. First of all, he seems like he's able to take a fecking corner! If he did nothing else that would still be enough. Because we've desperately needed someone who can take one.

But not just that, obviously. He was good in other ways, too. His movement off the ball is really good, and what i love about him is that he passes and moves. Always looking around, always moving into space. Demanding the ball off his teammates, then laying it off. No holding onto the ball for too long, no showboating or any of that. Just get the ball and keep things moving. Thought he was good last night, personally.

Trex

I think we would struggle to get him more involve if we play him exclusively as a 10 unless you replace matic with prime Bosquet/Carrick, i would rather he start on the right of a three with freedom to join the attack,just having another genuine creator aside Pogba is refreshing,it would be great to have them both playing double 8,we have to wait and see how that goes

KennyBurner

He is a combination of quality and workrate. He was decent yesterday but his quality on set pieces secured the game and relieved the pressure of them getting back into the game. Quality is what we need to expect as United fans. If you look at our squad without pogba we are severely lacking creative quality which is why we are struggling against bottom opposition. I believe we can secure 4th with pogba now back at carrignton this week. With Bruno now is the time to go on a run and take advantage of Tottenham and Chelsea playing this week and their injuries.

thepolice123

He had a decent match. Showed up for the ball whenever possible and very calm under pressure. His set pieces delivered when we needed it. People expecting him to be tearing up trees are ridiculous. This is only his second match and he's barely a month in.

Walters_19_MuFc

I thought he was ok yesterday. Don't think he was as good as some are sugggesting, but at the same time, I don't think he's 'a waste of money' like someone suggested yesterday either.

Worked hard, showed some nice passes, but we wasn't involved as much as I'd have liked, which is always the worry of playing him as a 10.

Set pieces is something we have struggled with over the last few seasons. Having someone who can decide a tight game with a great set piece. He was unlucky with his free kick and delivered a great corner for Maguire's goal.

A lot more to come from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.