Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
You must be watching a whole different Pogba from everyone else.

He might have played well in some games, but he didn't get the whole team to gel like what we've been seeing so far with Bruno.
He absolutely did during some periods. He just couldn't do it consistently. It'll be interesting to see if Bruno can keep doing it consistently.

Of course, if we can get them both playing together it should make it easier for both of them to do it.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

He might have played well in some games, but he didn't get the whole team to gel like what we've been seeing so far with Bruno.
You don't have to watch anyone to know that about 3 games is not enough of a sample size to call someone a resounding success.
It's utter naivety.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
There's a but: when the team performs poorly he's relentless not only with himself, but also with his team mates who he think played poorly. Let's hope our players takes that with a pinch of salt on those moments.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I'm going to quote you after every game he plays, mate. Thanks for giving us a player that genuinely excites me and makes me want to watch him every game :D
I’m glad I was able to see him live multiple times. I am just waiting on him to smash one one in from 35 yards out :D

El Jefe

Of course it's a small sample size but anyone saying Pogba had the same impact to begin with is not telling the truth. Pogba had an incredible debut but after that his form was incredibly patchy. He showed his class of course but didn't really affect team performance or results. We lost 3 of his first 5 games.

Bruno on the other hand has transformed the team and his performances are getting better after every game.

Kaizane

I still don't think the rest of the team are on his page yet, he's playing on his own level, which is only fair right now. I saw two or three times when if they were switched on to his incisive passes forward and ready to receive, they would have been one-on-one with the keeper, not a criticism just pointing out that once they really click over time, we will be dangerous in a way we've not been in a long long time.

Reactions: Invictus

luke511

There's a but: when the team performs poorly he's relentless not only with himself, but also with his team mates who he think played poorly. Let's hope our players takes that with a pinch of salt on those moments.
That's more of a positive in my eyes!

Handré1990

Loved the pass for the second goal.

How was his general play ?
He was excellent. Not only because of all the chances he created, but for the way he pulled all the strings, like a puppeteer. He’s a complete player. If he wasn’t on the ball he made runs to open space and he was constantly on the move to be available for a pass. Presses like crazy and had most tackles won in the first half (2) and most interceptions (3), that’s besides creating most of our chances. He is just so damn comfortable wherever he recieves the ball. Truly outstanding! He did have a shit fk attempt though, to balance it out a little :p

The idea some had that he wouldn’t be able to run those intricate one-two’s around the box was also put to shame, he has it all.

bondsname

He is class. But the biggest plus is that he makes the players around him better. He is always pointing where they should position themselves, and he is always looking for the riskier pass, which hopefully encourages more runs.

So far, quality player.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I thought a player like him plus money left over for future transfers would be a better move than keeping Pogba.

Glad to see its finally going to go down that way.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Not even Scholes could play with the intensity Bruno brings. He simply didn't have the legs for it. I'd argue that Bruno is a better fit for the modern game than Scholes as well, in 2020 Scholes would be less likely to get a look into a top side.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Bruno is playing the 10 role which is very different to what Pogba has done for the majority of his united career.

It's easier to dictate games when you have a free role like that. Pogba had plenty of good performances in the 10 when Ole first came to the club.

Right now Pogba should be compared to Mctominay/Fred/Matic, and he clearly brings us a more attacking option compared to the other 3.

SER19

I thought a player like him plus money left over for future transfers would be a better move than keeping Pogba.

Glad to see its finally going to go down that way.
Could potentially see for example fernandes and grealish (though where would he play) plus a small amount for losing pogba. A no brainer

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Could potentially see for example fernandes and grealish (though where would he play) plus a small amount for losing pogba. A no brainer
Yep. This was why I thought 80m on him was too much. In retrospect that could have brought in Pjanic plus Fabinho and cash left over.

But hey ho.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Bruno is playing the 10 role which is very different to what Pogba has done for the majority of his united career.

It's easier to dictate games when you have a free role like that. Pogba had plenty of good performances in the 10 when Ole first came to the club.

Right now Pogba should be compared to Mctominay/Fred/Matic, and he clearly brings us a more attacking option compared to the other 3.
Indeed. Also shouldn’t be forgotten that Pogba has played over 100 games for us and registers a goal or assist 1 in 2.

Adam-Utd

Indeed. Also shouldn’t be forgotten that Pogba has played over 100 games for us and registers a goal or assist 1 in 2.
Exactly. The good thing is Pogba can't just walk into this team and be lazy, if he's picked to start then that means one of James/Fred/Mata/Mctominay is dropped.

If Pogba really wants to be here then he will have to show he's more than just flair (which I believe he can). He's harder working than what people give him for, but under Jose he had him playmaking, being a target in the box and then relied upon to be the defender also.

The team is probably looking the most balanced it's been in a long time, and having Paul in the team can only be a good thing IMO.

We shall have to see how it works when he's back, but I think Pogba/Fernandes will work nicely together - good players always want to play with good players.

Strelok

True, but just him alone will make a big difference i think. I saw some analysis on TV that was pretty interesting. Our midfield this season, and especially when McTomminay was injured never tried to vary their passing. Any and all threat from midfield came from Fred and at times Matic, and most of the time they tried a low pass into Martial/Rashford. Problem was that they took about 2-3 seconds to long every time, which meant the opponent could reorganize

This was made even worse after Rashford injury and as a result we became incredibly predictable and easy to defend against. Watch Martial closely and intercept the passes going to him and our only choice left is hitting it wide. No passes behind the defense means the other team also can push up pretty high with little risk and press us in midfield

Introduce Bruno. Not only does he move a lot, creating space for himself and others, but more importantly he has a great range of passing and is not afraid to hit some high risk passes behind the opponents. That makes us so much more unpredictable and much harder to defend against.

Its no coincidence that our best form under Ole (caretaker) came when Pogba was in brilliant form
Spot on.

Alabaster Codify7

Its ridiculous.
It is ridiculous for us, but makes sense for the board. It's blatant that Ed and co thought "Ole can make top 4 with what he has" then come Christmas when we were fecking dogshit, he realised he'd have to deliver the player after all.

Completely reactive board. It's a disgrace really, if theyd got him in the summer we could be top 2/3 by now based on the immediate impact he's had.

AshRK

He is a proper baller. Whenever he is on the ball you could sense something great is about to happen. Rashford would definitely enjoy playing with him.

What frustrates me apart from the fact we didn't sign him in the summer is we waited 28 odd days in the winter transfer to sign him. Had we got him in early January we probably would have beaten Burnley and be 3 more points ahead than what we are now.

Adam-Utd

I’m glad I was able to see him live multiple times. I am just waiting on him to smash one one in from 35 yards out :D
He's due a match winner away to Everton, I can smell it now.

He will leave Pickford in a pile of flapping arms and legs as it sails into the top bin :drool:

SportingCP96

Supports
He's due a match winner away to Everton, I can smell it now.

He will leave Pickford in a pile of flapping arms and legs as it sails into the top bin :drool:
I want to buy his United jersey to Go with my Sporting one but I want to wait until Mata relinquished the #8 to Bruno.

knot_buzz

Next captain please the group as a whole seem more "together" since he arrived. Just my observation

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Exactly. The good thing is Pogba can't just walk into this team and be lazy, if he's picked to start then that means one of James/Fred/Mata/Mctominay is dropped.

If Pogba really wants to be here then he will have to show he's more than just flair (which I believe he can). He's harder working than what people give him for, but under Jose he had him playmaking, being a target in the box and then relied upon to be the defender also.

The team is probably looking the most balanced it's been in a long time, and having Paul in the team can only be a good thing IMO.

We shall have to see how it works when he's back, but I think Pogba/Fernandes will work nicely together - good players always want to play with good players.
He was doing a very disciplined job at the start of the season in a two. Be nice if he comes back and plays. Looks likely he will leave in the summer. Shame

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
As am I, I always expected his goal return to diminish playing in a tougher league but still hope he scores a couple of these a season for us

I expect you're feeling pretty smug, sad and proud in equal measures seeing how Bruno has taken to life at United

podurban2

He seems class, so silky on the touches. Just hope it’s not a fluke (doesn’t look like it). Think he needs to switch his penalty technique sooner than later though but that’s minor.

SportingCP96

Supports
As am I, I always expected his goal return to diminish playing in a tougher league but still hope he scores a couple of these a season for us

I expect you're feeling pretty smug, sad and proud in equal measures seeing how Bruno has taken to life at United
Makes me appreciate even more that we had a player of his caliber at Sporting. Seeing him do it at United just shows me how many levels he was above anyone else in The Portuguese league for the past 3 seasons.

This is why I said last summer if Felix is worth “120M” then Bruno was 140M.

Just in case someone misinterprets what I am saying NEITHER of them is worth that kind of money but I am just saying that Bruno (for now) is still the Better player between the two and has been for some time now.

DBT85

He seems class, so silky on the touches. Just hope it’s not a fluke (doesn’t look like it). Think he needs to switch his penalty technique sooner than later though but that’s minor.
All the time they go in why in the world would you change it?

AneRu

Yep. This was why I thought 80m on him was too much. In retrospect that could have brought in Pjanic plus Fabinho and cash left over.

But hey ho.
Right on, tying such a huge amount on one player was ridiculous given what we needed. Fabinho and another midfielder, like you said, would have been a better move by any metric bar the commercial. Mourinho didn't seem to know how to use him either which brings doubts to who really wanted him.

Status
Not open for further replies.