Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
You must feel like the daddy right now! :lol:
:lol::lol: no man, I mean look the people who somewhat follow me know I Make and have made many threads on Portuguese players and I always list what I think there ceiling is if its hype etc. This started back with William Carvalho when he was at Sporting.

A majority I think I have got right for the most part and I hope that track record continues! In the end of the day I am a lover of everything football and watching and identifying talent and sharing it with people who dont get to watch our league regularly is fun for me tbh. As strange as that may sound:lol:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Agreed. He seems to have totally transformed the mentality in the team.

Can see why he was captain at Sporting.
I would be willing to bet that sooner rather then later he will be the captain at the club.

It happened at Sporting as well, Nani was the captain but we all knew that bruno was the true CAPTAIN because as you can see in the way he speaks and presents himself and most importantly leads on the pitch you simply cant train that. He was born with that quality.

Hell still to this day he calls Jovane Cabral from Sporting to give him pointers. He gave the kid pointers on free kicks as well and the SOB scored 2 banger free kicks in back to back games!

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Just a fantastic player. What an engine, covers the whole ground. And that second goal.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Something else I saw tonight (other than the skill, the passing, the goals) which impressed me. I rewound it to look again.

63rd minute, Pogba does a loose pass infield and Brighton attack with Shaw (too easily) dragged out of position.

Bruno raced back to the LB position and actually made an interception and cleared the ball.

3-0 up, pretty comfy and he sees the issue and WANTS TO get back.

I really like that attitude in a player. All of the great players we've had have had the ability but the mentality as well.

Champagne Football

He's world class.

Definitely our POTS already

I wouldn't swap him with any other midfielder in the league who plays the same position

He's been a revelation

Technique on that second strike was superb, never had any doubt he was hitting the back of the net. Didn't think he was as bad with his passing as some others, was certainly better than against Norwich for me. Unreal engine, didn't even look tired but I'm glad he got some well deserved rest. The difference after Pereira came on was insane, the less I see of that the better for my health. He's our second captain at this point, what a catalyst.

Tel074

What a talent . What a work rate . What a signing .
I want another child to call him Bruno

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I love that he just kept praising his teammates in his post-match interview. He is absolute class. And he is relentless on the pitch, the quality is obvious but he works enormously. He's a leader.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Something else I saw tonight (other than the skill, the passing, the goals) which impressed me. I rewound it to look again.

63rd minute, Pogba does a loose pass infield and Brighton attack with Shaw (too easily) dragged out of position.

Bruno raced back to the LB position and actually made an interception and cleared the ball.

3-0 up, pretty comfy and he sees the issue and WANTS TO get back.

I really like that attitude in a player. All of the great players we've had have had the ability but the mentality as well.
Yeah, noticed that too. Keane and Rooney come to mind. He just gives everything to win.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I've run out of words to describe how pleased I am with him. He's a proper leader. We've been waiting for someone like him for years, it's signings like him that give me belief we're not going to have to wait decades for our next league title.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Impressed with his English. Saying all the right things too. Excited to see the budding partnership between him and Pogba continue to flourish. For the first time in what seems like forever, feels like there’s justified hope for our future!

Sylar

To illustrate how good he is, before his addition to the squad it was argued we needed like 7 players.
With him it looks like we only need 2

He's been great in all aspects, and here was me thinking a rest would do him good today :lol:

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Loved when he hit the post in the first half, then just repeated the move to bang in the first. He's absolute class! He's a massive threat because he's not that focused on possession, and he plays his part by winning the ball back a lot. Top 5 players in the league already?

Red_toad

Such a shame we fecked up not signing him sooner. I think we'd be 100% we'd be in no doubt of securing Champions League football had we reached agreement in summer 2019.

dasty

I knew he is the real deal we before signed him because I have never ever seen any Porto or Benfica fans talk so positively about a rival player. All of them also called him by far the best player in the Primeira Liga with no other player even coming close.

Even then, he still manage to exceed my very high expectations for him. Not only just his footballing abilities, but his personality and the very rare ability to lift up the spirits of the entire team. He makes everyone better, and you can see on social media how much the other players love him. What a signing he is. He has not even been here for half a season yet he had completely transformed the club.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It just goes to show that it's not always necessarily the case that a player from a foreign league will take time to settle in England.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s.... just....fecking amazing. We are so lucky we got him. He’s almost single handedly turned this billion pound organisation around on and off the pitch. It’s insane how much influence he’s had in this space of time. He seems so humble and down to earth then too. I actually love a united signing for the first time in a very long time. You’d still have to wonder about us as a club though and our direction. I know we eventually signed the player but we tried our best to drag it out and it almost didn’t happen, madness when you consider what he’s brought to the table and the absolute shite that we’ve dropped Major money on before him... all the rumours in the press during the summer and the previous summer about him being too expensive and not really top class/wasteful on the ball and that we’d only go for him if Pogba left (which would have left us short for creativity yet again) and then dragging out the winter window till the end while we struggled on the pitch. We were lucky he still wanted to come to us at that point. The truth has to be that the club just didn’t want to spend the money because his leadership and skill set was exactly what we needed and we should have seen it as an essential purchase. We had to get to mutiny levels before the club got a move on. Imagine how utterly stupid we’d look (again) if he had signed for a rival while we continued on the path we were on. This was only in January lads. He’s a brilliant player. A talisman for better things hopefully. Better late than never....

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Excellent player. The finish for the second goal was just fantastic.

Icemav

:lol::lol: no man, I mean look the people who somewhat follow me know I Make and have made many threads on Portuguese players and I always list what I think there ceiling is if its hype etc. This started back with William Carvalho when he was at Sporting.

A majority I think I have got right for the most part and I hope that track record continues! In the end of the day I am a lover of everything football and watching and identifying talent and sharing it with people who dont get to watch our league regularly is fun for me tbh. As strange as that may sound:lol:
Got any wingers and holding mids you can recommend? Good but cheap. That way Woody and the fans will both be happy.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Amazing player. Should we bought him in summer we would be top 3 comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.