7.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsCallout

The way he talks in his interviews is amazing. He is great all round and his mentality is perfect. Add to that the jovial Pogba it must be a great squad to be part of now.

slored1

What a spectacular player. Best attacking midfielder in the league with KDB.

Skills

Snitch
Imagine we had a player who couldn't score or assist a goal playing as our number 10 for the best part of the last 2 years.

Mental.

Castia

What a player.

Hes got all the attributes but what surprised me is his work rate, he never stops running.

Incredible how much the game changed once he and Pogba left the field.

AJ Bullet

What a difference one signing can make. To think we could have had him all season as well if we'd pulled our finger out. Ah well at least he's here now and doing great things.

gica_7

He is not just a wonderful player, he is a leader. That type of characters lift everyone else's level on a given team. His joy is contagious.

Best signing we had since... Rvp?

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
He’s on course to score and assist more than the entire * midfield this season all on his own and he’ll have only played a maximum 3/8 of the season:

• Henderson + Wijnaldum + Fabinho = 8 goals + 7 assists in 31 games

• Fernandes = 5 goals + 3 assists in 8 games.

:lol:

Mental.

dablem_10

He is not just a wonderful player, he is a leader. That type of characters lift everyone else's level on a given team. His joy is contagious.

Best signing we had since... Rvp?
Regarding aura and he lift whole time mentality and demand is modern day era Cantona transfer, hopefully it will continue

Craig Ward

Brilliant player.

He makes us better.

He talks to his colleagues and makes them better as well.

He's composed, assured and creative.

He's got the workrate, the ability and the mentality. The best signing we've made in years

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I wouldn't be willing to swap Bruno for any player in the league. De Bruyne is the better player but he's 4 years older.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
To think I wasn’t particularly keen on him in January too. He’s fantastic, does the right things over and over. Inspiring signing, but I knew that we’d get one of these eventually and things would turn around at the club. Credit to Bruno.

He’s probably the last great #10 in world football too, can’t see many top sides even playing with one!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
To think I wasn’t particularly keen on him in January too. He’s fantastic, does the right things over and over. Inspiring signing, but I knew that we’d get one of these eventually and things would turn around at the club. Credit to Bruno.

He’s probably the last great #10 in world football too, can’t see many top sides even playing with one!
This is very true and what he shows is that perhaps the languid number 10 is dead but that when you combine playmaking with really hard work and high intensity, the role is still as relevant as ever! Kind of reminds of Rooney as a hard working, tenacious number 10.

One of the good things though with Bruno is I think he could play number 8 to a high level too if we ever have a change of manager/system, which is nice to have in the locker.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
What a signing!

But we also need to perform without him. Our dependence on him is a little bit scary IMO.

Thisistheone

Can't believe how good he is. Everything about him so far has been brilliant,. he also has seemingly unlimited energy. Always annoyed me how Liverpool seemed to have players who are always fit and play every game. Bruno is fit as a butchers dog.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Got any wingers and holding mids you can recommend? Good but cheap. That way Woody and the fans will both be happy.
Joelson is our most promising winger coming out at the moment and he might make his first team appearance today.

Daniel Braganca is a very classy midfielder who was on loan this season but hope he makes the first team next year because I think he is very talented.

Just watch this to see what I am talking about. Very good technical ability, Vision, and overall futebol IQ.

Red00012

You’d have to wonder why he wasn’t signed at the start of the season. Everyone knows who fecked we were having to use Lingard in that position

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is very true and what he shows is that perhaps the languid number 10 is dead but that when you combine playmaking with really hard work and high intensity, the role is still as relevant as ever! Kind of reminds of Rooney as a hard working, tenacious number 10.

One of the good things though with Bruno is I think he could play number 8 to a high level too if we ever have a change of manager/system, which is nice to have in the locker.
I think the main issue with the 10 is that they can rarely justify their output. Fernandes scores and creates a lot of goals. With a lesser output, most teams would opt for a player who can operate 15 yards further back instead, so if you have flair and skill, you will, as you said, need some defensive ability and be expected to contribute as part of a midfield 3.

Zidane himself would likely not even play as a 10. He’s a 7 goals 12 assist a season guy. He’d either play from the left (allowing 3 proper midfielders to occupy the middle area), or would need to play as part of the central 3. He did indeed play in both roles very often. That said, in this era of football, I think he’d have found it a little more difficult than he did in his day. Putting him on the left of a very top team would raise opportunity cost questions about having a Mané 25 goal player on the left instead. Putting him in the middle 3 may raise some of the similar issues you would get if you put Ozil in a middle 3. Or at the very least, Pogba. It would need the right two partners to get the best.

Bruno can play as a 10 with full justification because he’s a 20 goal player. He also has good workrate, which solves another problem. You could easily sit Bruno on top of a Pirlo similarly to how Park was asked to do, and he’d put the yards in and stop a Pirlo or Busquets from playing (or playing so easily at least).

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Love him. An absolute breath of fresh air in the club, if he and Rashford are in next season I'm going wherever they want me to go.

HabeasC

Bruno's been great tracking back and getting the tackles in here and there which is a bonus for a number 10 and as someone else said, shows he could play the number 8 role too. Crazy he's only 25 yet so mature.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I know hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but it is mad that a) we didn't sign him in the summer and b) no one else tried to sign him in the summer/for most of January.

He's already become a top 10 Premier League player... not that I've given much though to what that 10 is, but he's in there somewhere.

Tiber

I was very disappointed when we didn't sign him in the summer as I was convinced he would be a star, but even I didn't think that he would be this good

Sylar

Im certain we would be top 4 right now even if we had bought him at the start of January rather than end of January.

Skills

Snitch
Only 2 years ?
Well Mkhitaryan though inconsistent, was quite capable of scoring and assisting. Him and Pogba were both quite influential in that Europa League run.

Lingard also wasn't as poor as he has been in the last 2 seasons.

Icemav

Joelson is our most promising winger coming out at the moment and he might make his first team appearance today.

Daniel Braganca is a very classy midfielder who was on loan this season but hope he makes the first team next year because I think he is very talented.

Just watch this to see what I am talking about. Very good technical ability, Vision, and overall futebol IQ.

Awesome thanks. From the video looks like you summed him up very well.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
2 questions I'd love the know the answer to:

1. Why didn't we sign him over the summer, given he'd been scouted and was wanted, and we had the cash?
2. Why didn't another top CL playing team already sign him, when it's obvious that he is an elite level player?

E-mal

I saw a stat at the end of the game yesterday, that he has scored(5) more EPL goals for us than any of our players, I dont want to believe that surely ?
Off the top of my head, Martial has scored 6 since Bruno arrived, someone should check that please.
Martial scored against watford, Chelsea, Man City and 3x Sheiffield.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He even included Lingard and Pereira, man knows how to play office politics.

Web of Bissaka

2 questions I'd love the know the answer to:

1. Why didn't we sign him over the summer, given he'd been scouted and was wanted, and we had the cash?
2. Why didn't another top CL playing team already sign him, when it's obvious that he is an elite level player?
Just my speculations, though I love for interviewers/press to dare ask managers (especially Ole and other top team managers) the questions.

1. a) Ole were being over-confident (poor gamble) and want to help Lingard (he had his sob story during those times isn't it). No doubt Ole favors Lingard no? that's general knowledge by now isn't it. b) Plus, looking at the profile of the first 3 players he acquired (British mate!), I highly doubt Bruno is top priority name on the list... until around October strikes.

2. It's not obvious. Period.

SoCross

His passing was slightly off against Brighton but maaan, he’s such a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.