Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Does anyone else get the feeling that the reason Ole doesn't seem that worried about resting him is that he's just one of those unusually fit players with an unusual capacity for recovery, like Vardy, or - once upon a time - Giggs? Look at his physique, he's got that very light wiry build too. Never seems puffed, even at the end of the 120 minutes he was chasing back into his own half.
I had a look on Transfermarkt and these are his only recorded injuries, the column at the end are the games he missed due to injury:

18/19Leg InjuryMar 19, 2019Mar 29, 201910 days-
16/17FluJan 5, 2017Jan 7, 20172 days1

Brightonian

I had a look on Transfermarkt and these are his only recorded injuries, the column at the end are the games he missed due to injury:

18/19Leg InjuryMar 19, 2019Mar 29, 201910 days-
16/17FluJan 5, 2017Jan 7, 20172 days1
Jesus. Somewhere in his attic he's got a portrait of Eboué hidden away.

Prodigal7

In fairness he plays like Scholes of the 90s and early noughties. Most people only remember the Scholes that was a deep lying playmaker but he was a number 10 initially and scoring circa 20 goals per season purely from open play.

Strelok

Remember when Redcafe labels Bruno as another Gaitan? Search the transfer thread for Bruno and you will see Gaitan pops up at least a thousand times. They also thinks that he is an average player stats padding against Portuguese farmers. I spent so much time arguing against them I was fecking traumatised by how stupid people can be.

feck you all.
:lol:

reelworld

In fairness he plays like Scholes of the 90s and early noughties. Most people only remember the Scholes that was a deep lying playmaker but he was a number 10 initially and scoring circa 20 goals per season purely from open play.
exactly.
Scholes before he played with Carrick was a goalscorer and magician in the final third, whether it's providing assist or arriving late in the box to score.

w1thout

We have to rest them at some point. We have 7 games in 17 days.
It's 6 games in 18 days, but I get your point.
Maybe Southampton at home can be a good chance to rest him, as they are safe from relegation. But idk, it's a possible banana slip.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why do people keep saying Bruno needs a rest?

The guy is a machine and doesn't even look a tiny bit tired. Playing every 3/4 days is no issue to him at all.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I just love how savvy Bruno is. He knew Pogba coming back could be the media's juicy story of Bruno vs Pogba, and who's the man, etc...instead they give each other so much praise and confidence. Bruno is always crediting Pogba either for helping him settle in, or with this clip for example. That's a great sign of chemistry and leadership by Fernandes. You have to love that kind of character in your team.

Lemansky

Remember when Redcafe labels Bruno as another Gaitan? Search the transfer thread for Bruno and you will see Gaitan pops up at least a thousand times. They also thinks that he is an average player stats padding against Portuguese farmers. I spent so much time arguing against them I was fecking traumatised by how stupid people can be.

feck you all.
:lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I just love how savvy Bruno is. He knew Pogba coming back could be the media's juicy story of Bruno vs Pogba, and who's the man, etc...instead they give each other so much praise and confidence. Bruno is always crediting Pogba either for helping him settle in, or with this clip for example. That's a great sign of chemistry and leadership by Fernandes. You have to love that kind of character in your team.
Almost like a dream signing, awesome on and off the pitch. Him and Pogba link up so well, it's like they want to help eachother instead of having any ego problems.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's such a talisman. We really suffer much when he's taken out / off.

giggslover

I agree. It’s a shame Maguire is basically our default captain. Bruno not only leads by quality but also by example with his mentality.
I knew Bruno was a true leader when McTominay impressed us all with his great work on his physique during the break, yet Bruno reminded him he needs to work out WITH the ball as well.

dbs235

I knew Bruno was a true leader when McTominay impressed us all with his great work on his physique during the break, yet Bruno reminded him he needs to work out WITH the ball as well.
Is it just me or is that basically Bruno calling him s**t? :lol: :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This signing seems more and more remarkable every day. Someone remind me again why nobody else was in for Bruno besides us?
Seems like club statisticians were put off by his low passing % and was deemed wasteful.

Tony247

This signing seems more and more remarkable every day. Someone remind me again why nobody else was in for Bruno besides us?
Most likely he wanted to play for united and united only?

[even that might not be true, but still why not!]

Tony247

His market valuation currently must be sky high. Not just for the skill, but leadership quality, no nonsense lifestyle, setting good on and off field examples, loyalty, perfectionist attitude...and so on. Unique talent.

ash_86

It is really is. Reminds me of the Christian Eriksen saga where everyone knew he was good but no one went for him. Then he went to spurs and really made an impact. This time we get to eat the cake.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Spurs wanted him but Levy was sitting on the fence.
Yeah but that's what I mean. Spurs were sitting on the fence. We dragged it out over two windows. How did none of the big clubs think: 'Hey, this lad's numbers are insane. Why don't we just give Sporting the £40 odd million.' I mean we spent more than that on Fred!

Yeah but that's what I mean. Spurs were sitting on the fence. We dragged it out over two windows. How did none of the big clubs think: 'Hey, this lad's numbers are insane. Why don't we just give Sporting the £40 odd million.' I mean we spent more than that on Fred!
Ohhh ok, yeah i have no idea! Their loss and our gain though :D

It is really is. Reminds me of the Christian Eriksen saga where everyone knew he was good but no one went for him. Then he went to spurs and really made an impact. This time we get to eat the cake.
Speaking of Eriksen Im glad we went for Bruno instead, there was talk of us being interested in him before we went for Bruno.

TrustInOle

Speaking of Eriksen Im glad we went for Bruno instead, there was talk of us being interested in him before we went for Bruno.
Our mind set 3 years ago, we would have gotten Eriksen with the club putting some spotlight tweet out about signing another megastar, whilst Spurs pulls the trigger on Bruno, and he smashes the league like now, and we all sit here slating Woody.

Ahhhhh, finally feels like we are United again the last 12months. :D

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Imagine we had a player who couldn't score or assist a goal playing as our number 10 for the best part of the last 2 years.

Mental.
What was even more mental was the amount of people who defended such a non entity.

Aston Villa 0:3 Man Utd

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He’s in contention for our Player of the Year awards, right? Still got 10 games to go, if it all goes to plan.

If Rashford drove the first half of the season on, Bruno has rocketed the second.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

A goal and an assist from Bruno tonight, a night when he wasn't even at his very best. His worst day is better than so many others' best...

...how did we almost turn this fella down twice in a season? :houllier:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I don't think it was a pen, he wasn't as sharp today but earned us the points and although he wasnt at his best he played his part in 2 goals.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Was one of his poorer games. I guess this is as bad as he's going to get :D

el3mel

His contribution to the team in terms of goals and assists is insane even when he plays poorly. Just like I said in Matic's thread, guy is a real super star. He delivers regardless of circumstances and performance.

Santos J

Pretty average game from him and he won a pen, scored it & got an assist. Not bad. :lol:

Incredible impact he's had.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Woodward deserves kick in the c*nt for not pushing for him in the summer.

What a player. The way he won us the pen was extremely well timed and smart. Just wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.