7.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strelok

Keeping possession, forcing the opposition to move from side to side chasing the ball will eventually cause gaps in their defence.
Uhm that's basically what Lingard and Mata usually do mate. The so called running and passing sideway. You forgot the point of to cause gaps in their defence by doing this we need to do it really fast. Like switching flanks with a single pass. And as our FB are basically sht going forward teams won't easily fall for this trick, if we do so. Our best option still is to find our trio forwards with a direct pass between the lines, which is what we're currently doing.

However I got the point you and most posters here are criticizing Bruno. He needs to go for simpler and easier options in certain situations. Like yesterday Rashford making a good run past a defender and he decided to do a difficult curve pass to Martial who was marked by another defender and the pass was blocked by the defender that Rashford got through. Would be much more dangerous if he just did a simple straight pass through Rashford.

Last edited:

Web of Bissaka

Penalties
Feb 23WatfordHop tame shotground, lower right
Feb 27BruggeHop tame shotground, lower left
Jun 29SpursQuick power shotlow height, far left
July 9Aston VillaQuick power shotground, far left
July 19ChelseaHop scoop shotlow height, lower left
July 26LeicesterHop power shotground, lower left
Aug 11CopenhagenQuick power shotmid height, mid left

He's mixing it up well, but one pattern remains --> shooting left.
:nervous: He's so going to miss one penalty in future game... next penalty?

Coops73

I have no idea why some people are saying he’s shit or reached some sort of mediocre level, I’m no football expert but that quite frankly is total bollocks.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Giving the ball away is a by product of being creative and adventurous.

I'm sorry, I'm finding it super difficult to be critical of Fernandes after all he's brought to us from an attacking perspective. I'll take the bad with the good, any day of the week. Even when playing poorly, his style still facilitates a key pass or attempt on goal.

Also RE: Giggs - I'm older. I distinctly remember the amount of shit he got constantly for his loss of possession. It was incessant.
Misplacing simple 5 yards passes or simple passes in general has nothing to do with the bolded sentence.

sp_107

I am not good at technically analysing the football but I started enjoying our games since he joined, that will be enough for me.

SATA

His teammates must be increasingly getting frustrated with him the amount of simple passes he fails to make. He can get away with that at Sporting because he's their best player there but at United, players like Rashford and Martial must be thinking otherwise. Greenwood soon to be but he's still young so he'll be quiet for now. Bruno can attempt risky passes but he needs to not force it at times and when we lose the ball needlessly like this, we are facing a counter attack against our half

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Bruno should also starts assessing when to take risks and if it's worth it, he should also start making the right decision rather than going for hollywood passes. There was this play today on a break where a simple ball to Rashford would have put him in a position to square it to Martial to put him on goal but instead Bruno went for the harder and least probable pass to Martial directly and was predictably blocked by the defender. Something similar happened in the Palace game where Greenwood was in acres of space during a break and Bruno instead of passing it to Mason which would have put us in a dangerous situation to score, he tried to go for Martial directly which was the far harder pass. He doesn't have to be the one to always try to make the final passes. Sometimes the play is 2 passes away form putting us on goal but he tries to force it into a 1 pass play.

It's situations like those that should also be called out. He simply needs to do better. We can't just keep throwing around the "He's a risk taker, he creates etc" excuse to rebuff any of the criticism about his game thrown at him.

Hopefully he fixes that, it's a weakness of his and he should be looking to correct it, not be content with and play despite it.

Last edited:

The commentator said he has scored 27 of 29 penalties, an incredible record.

I hope he just needs a rest because yesterday was again poor, that misplaced pass on the break at the end was unacceptable. Coming from the Portuguese league to a PL game every 3 or 4 days must be tough and hes not going to have much of a preseason unfortunately.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The commentator said he has scored 27 of 29 penalties, an incredible record.

I hope he just needs a rest because yesterday was again poor, that misplaced pass on the break at the end was unacceptable. Coming from the Portuguese league to a PL game every 3 or 4 days must be tough and hes not going to have much of a preseason unfortunately.
Apparently hasn't missed a penalty in 4 years. That's incredible.

UncleBob

I might be wrong, but i get the impression that he too often tries to force things and that he often fails to read the game and understand when we need to go for ball retention and when it's time to try that risky flick. Plenty of times yesterday where the easy solution is the best solution.

SecondFig

I am not good at technically analysing the football but I started enjoying our games since he joined, that will be enough for me.
Sums it up perfectly for me. Sure it's frustrating when he misplaces a pass, but most of the time it's because he's trying to make things happen and I'd rather that than see yet another player turn and play it safely backwards. And most importantly, United have been consistently fun to watch again for the first time years

I might be wrong, but i get the impression that he too often tries to force things and that he often fails to read the game and understand when we need to go for ball retention and when it's time to try that risky flick. Plenty of times yesterday where the easy solution is the best solution.
We had a Frenchman in the team a few years back who could be a bit like that. Sometimes they make the wrong decision, sometimes they dont. I'll only have a problem with it if he stops doing it.

CiroDiMarzio

It's obvious he looks tired and its unsurprising given the minutes he has played and the work he gets through. It's no coincidence that Bruno and Wan Bissaka were both struggling yesterday. Regardless, Bruno at 50% is light years ahead of any attacking midfielder in the post-Fergie years. Managing his fitness and getting him peaking for the start of the league season is the big challenge now.

Reactions: Penna

AgentSquirrel

I'll be bothered about him losing possession when he does it fecking around on the edge of his own area rather than further up the pitch whilst attempting a positive pass.

Fracture90

Goal exculded, he had a poor game imo. His final pass leaves a lot to be desired and he's very wasteful with the ball, Ole should address that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
His teammates must be increasingly getting frustrated with him the amount of simple passes he fails to make. He can get away with that at Sporting because he's their best player there but at United, players like Rashford and Martial must be thinking otherwise. Greenwood soon to be but he's still young so he'll be quiet for now. Bruno can attempt risky passes but he needs to not force it at times and when we lose the ball needlessly like this, we are facing a counter attack against our half
I do not believe this to be the case. I'm sure the attackers love Bruno trying constantly to feed them through versus the alternative of laborious sideways passing to no avail. He was off in 1-2 through balls but they know he only needs to feed them through correctly once to get on the score-sheet. His influence in constantly trying to pass the ball forward is one contribution to the attackers getting more goals, because he keeps forcing the issue. I believe this is infectious with other players too, where only Matic would play the more calm pass.

Beaucoup

I'll be bothered about him losing possession when he does it fecking around on the edge of his own area rather than further up the pitch whilst attempting a positive pass.
I agree, I don't mind him trying anything in the final third, but he definitely needs to stop it in his own half, especially when he has the time and space, take a touch for feck's sake.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Terrible game from him but his movement is world class.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Stone cold from the spot.

Zoo

It's obvious he looks tired and its unsurprising given the minutes he has played and the work he gets through. It's no coincidence that Bruno and Wan Bissaka were both struggling yesterday. Regardless, Bruno at 50% is light years ahead of any attacking midfielder in the post-Fergie years. Managing his fitness and getting him peaking for the start of the league season is the big challenge now.
Well said.

Any Sancho update?

DRM

It won't be long before cafties will be calling for him to be benched...mark my words!

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Spot on
This.

The fanbase complains for years about players like Lingard and Mata for not creating enough then we get a player who creates and fans still moan. This is Manchester United we want our best players to be involved and trying things. I've said it many times, Fergie would've loved to have coached Bruno because there's no shying away with this guy. He will make a bad pass but his head will never drop and he'll ask for the ball straight after. Fearless.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It won't be long before cafties will be calling for him to be benched...mark my words!
It was inevitable. God forbid we finally bring in a player who gets us out of our seats. It will be a matter of time before Greenwood is slated as well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anybody using words like terrible or useless for his performance last night need their heads fixing.

Yes he needs to tidy up his passing a little, but on another day he could have had 2 goals and 2 assists again for himself.

I'd be much more worried if he wasn't in the game, but he's always involved in our best movements.

Eventually he will relax a bit, I think he's trying too hard to be the man and show everybody how amazing he can be and it 's making him just get the weight wrong slightly.

I swear so many fans on here have extremely short memories.

This.

The fanbase complains for years about players like Lingard and Mata for not creating enough then we get a player who creates and fans still moan. This is Manchester United we want our best players to be involved and trying things. I've said it many times, Fergie would've loved to have coached Bruno because there's no shying away with this guy. He will make a bad pass but his head will never drop and he'll ask for the ball straight after. Fearless.
I’m sick of the keyboard warriors. Was far better when we didn’t have such an entitled fanbase.

evil_geko

I have no idea why some people are saying he’s shit or reached some sort of mediocre level, I’m no football expert but that quite frankly is total bollocks.
Because this is Knee-jerk Cafe, I got used to it, many posts in the last few pages are total fecking shambles.

JP77

Because it’s Redcafe and it’s what plenty of United fans on here do, most of the United forum and player threads are tough to even enter half the time because of the amount of madness some of our fans come out with.

The guy has helped transform the team instantly since he arrived. Absolute class player who is struggling a bit more right now because he looks absolutely exhausted. Played in a different country for half the season and then has played pretty much every single game for us since he arrived, a game every couple of days since the return to football after lockdown. To be honest a lot of the players look exhausted at this stage which was to be expected with the amount of games being played as a quick turn around.

He will miss some simple passes. He will lose possession sometimes. But what he brings eclipses both of those massively. Gives his all to the team, leads and is constantly trying to make something happen. For too long we’ve had too many players that play safe side way football. We needed an exciting, creative, on the edge type of footballer like Fernandes. He’s not always picture perfect but within half a season he’s become arguably the biggest figure on the football pitch for us and leads by example.

There’s some genuine fans on here but there’s too many also on here that do knee jerk posts and love to turn on any player at any given opportunity. It’s all ifs and buts but I think it’s quite likely we wouldn’t have got the top four without him. He’s a player that even when he’s not on top form can produce one moment of magic or a cool head to lead us. The fact we got this guy for around 50 million in today’s market blows my mind to be honest, he’s everything you want from a player. The talent, the heart and the leadership.

Last edited:

He'sRaldo

If Bruno plays a bad game, is it okay to say it or should we tiptoe around it?

Coops73

Because it’s Redcafe and it’s what plenty of United fans on here do, most of the United forum and player threads are tough to even enter half the time because of the amount of madness some of our fans come out with.

The guy has helped transform the team instantly since he arrived. Absolute class player who is struggling a bit more right now because he looks absolutely exhausted. Played in a different country for half the season and then has played pretty much every single game for us since he arrived, a game every couple of days since the return to football after lockdown. To be honest a lot of the players look exhausted at this stage which was to be expected with the amount of games being played as a quick turn around.

He will miss some simple passes. He will lose possession sometimes. But what he brings eclipses both of those massively. Gives his all to the team, leads and is constantly trying to make something happen. For too long we’ve had too many players that play safe side way football. We needed an exciting, creative, on the edge type of footballer like Fernandes. He’s not always picture perfect but within half a season he’s become arguably the biggest figure on the football pitch for us and leads by example.

There’s some genuine fans on here but there’s too many also on here that do knee jerk posts and love to turn on any player at any given opportunity. It’s all ifs and buts but I think it’s quite likely we wouldn’t have got the top four without him. He’s a player that even when he’s not on top form can produce one moment of magic or a cool head to lead us. The fact we got this guy for around 50 million in today’s market blows my mind to be honest, he’s everything you want from a player. The talent, the heart and the leadership.
I would add the match day forum to that too, I’ve dipped in a couple of times just catch a couple goal highlights when I can’t get to watch a game and it’s fecking carnage, gives me the bloody fear.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
If Bruno plays a bad game, is it okay to say it or should we tiptoe around it?
Seems like some people take offense to any criticism thrown at Bruno for some odd reasons. True those going on the extreme end and claiming he's useless(which I honestly haven't seen written) are clearly out of their mind but pointing out that he gives the way cheaply and misplaces simple balls thus warrant criticism for that aspect of his game is hardly anything controversial.

Heck I'm usually not one to get on players backs but Bruno is supposed to be an essential cog oh how we play and him being loose in possession is also part of our current issues controlling the midfield. Players losing the ball cheaply shouldn't be acceptable and pointing that out has nothing to do with being spoiled.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
So he’s struggled a bit since the restart ... he still elevates our team, keeps the tempo high, looks to create and seems tireless in his drive to get the ball forward.

I enjoy watching him, he has improved our football and given us something we’ve been bereft of for years. Creativity and enthusiasm. He’s brilliant and although it’s fine saying he’s not been amazing in recent weeks he still seems to be involved in everything good we do, we are immeasurably better with him on the pitch.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
He’s still our best player faults and all.

I shudder to think where this season would have ended up without him
This was true when he came in and a bit after post lock down. But no way is he currently our best player when he's been consistently outperformed by other players for the last 7 or so games. Rashford's form get criticized but he's put a great performance more recently than Bruno did(Rash MOTM performance against Palace). When was the last time Bruno put in a MOTM performance?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This was true when he came in and a bit after post lock down. But no way is he currently our best player when he's been consistently outperformed by other players for the last 7 or so games. Rashford's form get criticized but he's put a great performance more recently than Bruno did(Rash MOTM performance against Palace). When was the last time Bruno put in a MOTM performance?
I think Rashford has been one of our poorest players post lockdown, palace game aside where he was very good. Bruno has been producing something in nearly every game. Making chances and majorly influencing our play and popping up all over the pitch. I don’t see that with Rashford currently at all. I’m not a stats person but I’m sure stats would back that up. Rashford is understandably probably rusty coming back off a very serious injury so I’m not really sure why you used him as example? Martial I could understand...

Status
Not open for further replies.