5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

This thread is as close to Groundhog Day as you can get.
Post almost any game for the last year - Consensus that he was really bad with few saying he still has a lot in the bank at the beginning of his "bad form".

A day later -A video of his awful display while people start coming up with stats that prove that he's as good as KDB and anyone who's saying otherwise is a fecking idiot and a cnut.

Rinse and repeat.

Yagami

Good post resistant
That's beyond ridiculous.. world class my arse.. To think one poster was comparing him to Cantona :lol: :lol: :lol:
Everyone was back in his first season and a half, and it was ridiculous then, too. He wasn't even that good then, but STATS. Someone said he was already better than Scholes!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Post almost any game for the last year - Consensus that he was really bad with few saying he still has a lot in the bank at the beginning of his "bad form".

A day later -A video of his awful display while people start coming up with stats that prove that he's as good as KDB and anyone who's saying otherwise is a fecking idiot and a cnut.

Rinse and repeat.
Yes, an infinite loop you can juxtapose from any given game and layer it on to another.

Guapa

Last chance under a new manager then get rid in January if he doesn't sort his shit out.

cletus7

Regularly makes some of the dumbest choices I’ve ever seen. What a weird player
Bit too full of himself. Media went over the top with praise for him in early part of his career and his high-risk, high-reward mantra naturally evolved into reckless-risk, no-reward type stuff whilst he threw a strop whenever benched. I made up my mind about him a long time ago.

united for life

The amount of hate this guy gets is too much. He carried the team during his first year and the half at the club. He was our best player and one of the best in the league; I think 4 times the league’s player of the month and part of the 20/21 team of the season. This is not a coincident. He had a bad season playing in a team with no spirit, tactical chaos and lots of uncertainties. A bad season is a bad season. the numbers aren’t that bad by the way (10 goals and 6 assist), but in the context of what we expect and in light of his general performance, it was a bad season for him.

One of the main problems is that he played in almost all the games for us, never rested. It’s been an issue since he joined. Every player needs to get his time on the bench in a long season. Bruno clearly ran out of gas. Why Mata wasn’t used to rest Bruno is beyond me.

another issue was the general state of the team. The end of year awards were cancelled for a reason; the reason is that everyone was shite. It’s hard to show your real value in a team like this (sancho for instance has suffered because of that as well).

This doesn’t mean that there should be no take-aways from this season. It has become clear that he moans too much. I’ll say getting rid of this habit is more important than anything else for him (he can become annoying on the pitch which impacts him and players around him). There is no harm of talking on the pitch, leaders usually do that, but for God’s sake stop throwing your hands in the air and complaining about everything.

In a tactically better set up, i think he’ll lose the ball a lot less. He created a lot of chances but lost a lot. However, that was because sometimes he was maybe the only player thinking of passing the ball forward.

areas for improvement are there but he is in no way as bad as some posters indicate. He should actually be an integral part of the team next year; he’s 27 and should now be reaching his best potential. Hope he can do that under ETH and I hope he gets to enjoy his football again

UncleBob

The amount of hate this guy gets is too much. He carried the team during his first year and the half at the club. He was our best player and one of the best in the league; I think 4 times the league’s player of the month and part of the 20/21 team of the season. This is not a coincident. He had a bad season playing in a team with no spirit, tactical chaos and lots of uncertainties. A bad season is a bad season. the numbers aren’t that bad by the way (10 goals and 6 assist), but in the context of what we expect and in light of his general performance, it was a bad season for him.

One of the main problems is that he played in almost all the games for us, never rested. It’s been an issue since he joined. Every player needs to get his time on the bench in a long season. Bruno clearly ran out of gas. Why Mata wasn’t used to rest Bruno is beyond me.

another issue was the general state of the team. The end of year awards were cancelled for a reason; the reason is that everyone was shite. It’s hard to show your real value in a team like this (sancho for instance has suffered because of that as well).

This doesn’t mean that there should be no take-aways from this season. It has become clear that he moans too much. I’ll say getting rid of this habit is more important than anything else for him (he can become annoying on the pitch which impacts him and players around him). There is no harm of talking on the pitch, leaders usually do that, but for God’s sake stop throwing your hands in the air and complaining about everything.

In a tactically better set up, i think he’ll lose the ball a lot less. He created a lot of chances but lost a lot. However, that was because sometimes he was maybe the only player thinking of passing the ball forward.

areas for improvement are there but he is in no way as bad as some posters indicate. He should actually be an integral part of the team next year; he’s 27 and should now be reaching his best potential. Hope he can do that under ETH and I hope he gets to enjoy his football again
In a tactically better setup he'll somehow lose the ball a lot less? De Bruyne has very similar overall stats, it's not like he isn't in a tactically better setup. Bruno's problem is lack of intelligence.

It's weird how people refuse to see the fundamental flaws in his game. Against Crystal Palace he could've easily bagged an assist had Cavani been a bit more ruthless, but it doesn't really change the fact that Brunos performance badly effected us, being largely responsible for the goal Zaha scored and giving away the ball in dangerous positions. The point here isn't about being unhappy simply about Bruno losing possession, either by going down way to easily or a failed pass, the entire point is where he does it. How many goals/chances against us due to Bruno trying to buy a foul in a dangerous position, Bruno trying a daft backheel attempt when he's surrounded by opponents on the edge of our box, Bruno launching the ball up in the air towards our CB's.

The stupidity of what he did against Crystal Palace for their goal is fairly fecking difficult to measure, but the worst part is that he's done it several times before and this isn't the first time we've been punished by it either. No idea why anyone should need to tell him to stop either, it should be obvious.

This season he's been detrimental, would've been near impossible to score and assist enough to compensate for the way he's performed pretty much every match this season.

ForeverRed1

He dragged us out the mud his first two seasons, without him we didn’t get champions league. His numbers were unreal.

he has struggled this season. Let’s see what he can do with this new management team, hopefully they can coach him in the areas he could work on, like his wastefulness.

can be the best number 10 in the world in my opinion.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
On his last line of credit for a lot of the fans at this point. Extends to the first 3-4 months of Ten Hag's tenure.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
The following footages prevented me from thinking that he was a stable and reliable character. :lol:

I seem to remember the caf thinking this was exactly the sort of character we needed at United when the video was first shown just before he signed. Pashun I think was quoted.

Teja

Literally every single attacking player we have was shit guys. Give it a rest. His ability to play the final ball is second to none.

Ronaldo took a lot of his goals, he got moved across the frontline (remember the 4-2-2-2 thing where he was deeper at CM and the 4-3-3 with him and Pogba as the two box to box mids?), generally shit attacking play across the board (GD of zero, half the xG that City have this season) all contributed to his shit season.

To his credit, he doesn't whine about being OOP and works his socks off every game. He is the least of our problems - give him the ball in attack and let him create. He will be fine. Don't blame him for giving the ball away during build up, the reason he gets put in this position is because we don't have a proper playmaker.

Red For Ever

Just like almost everyone else, his performances have fallen off a cliff this season, unlike some players we have, I don't doubt his desire and willingness to
do his best, hopefully playing for a manager that has a system and a plan, he can return to the player we mostly saw before this season

Rake

Reports floating around that he might be getting number 8 for next season. Does it hold any significance for him?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Reports floating around that he might be getting number 8 for next season. Does it hold any significance for him?
He wore it previously in sporting i think, a pretty common number for his type i reckon .

Last edited:

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Last season when Mata stayed Bruno wrote tweet saying "now I have to wait another season for number 8", followed by few :lol: :lol:
He wore 8 at Sporting, and has number 8 tatooed on his right arm.

lex talionis

Bruno must be kept on a shorter leash next season. When he looks fatigued or is otherwise spraying shit balls bring him off. Brilliantly footballer, without question, but when he loses his focus he's a liability.

TsuWave

he has a tatt with #8 so it's important to him I'd guess

more importantly, and I preface this by saying I didn't watch the game, but apparently he was horrible for Portugal, did anyone here watch?

Red the Bear

Something less generic

more importantly, and I preface this by saying I didn't watch the game, but apparently he was horrible for Portugal, did anyone here watch?
Nah, just average, like everyone else.

Rake

Watched the last 30 minutes and they were all terrible.

Garaiku

I have watched the whole game and yes he was terrible.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
portuguese people on twitter saying otherwise. many asking for him to be dropped, though it is twitter, but still
I think it's taking it a bit too far, he hasn't really hit the home running for Portugal but I didn't see anything too bad with his performance last night too separate him from the others, as I said just painfully average, like everyone else.

dan1509

Been embarrassing to watch in the Portugal game. Its hard to even tell what position he plays, he just runs everywhere. I imagine its very annoying to the players who actually occupy said positions. He is truly a headless chicken on the pitch

UncleBob

He's been fecking awful for over a year, but there's nothing to be concerned about

Swiss_Red89

God when your team plays against him you start to dislike him very soon. Little cnut :lol:

Still love him though.

Last edited:

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Looking at how we’re likely to line up next season I really can’t see ow he fits in…would anyone buy him on current form?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looking at how we’re likely to line up next season I really can’t see ow he fits in…would anyone buy him on current form?
Pretty easy to see how he'll fit in, given that Ten Hag had Ziyech playing like Bruno normally plays (incredibly direct, always going for killer passes or shots, etc). Don't think he'll have an issue with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.