Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar2290

I didn’t.

Bruno was not the best of that bunch by a long way and he was beyond bad.
:lol:

I'll humor you, who was better than Bruno since he arrived? Let's keep it attacking player wise: Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Sancho, Ronaldo?

Just to entertain you, KDB would have enough of a brain not to try some of the stuff Bruno does when his team is struggling. Ronaldo and De Gea have played in the same team as well. Even Sancho has played better than Bruno. He's been a disaster
Ronaldo is GOAT tier player, of course he is going to stand out. Even so his form was incredibly patchy this season even by our standards.

De Gea? The same De Gea who went Awol for a good 2.5 seasons? The same De Gea that lost his place to a GK that we loaned out to side recently promoted from the Championship and only got it back because he had covid and injury? The same De Gea that besides his reflexes offers feck all outside of them. It doesn't take a lot of coaching to have good reflexes...

I wouldn't classify those 2 as some kind of example. They are the best of the worst bunch in a very atrocious season. Singling out Bruno as if he was the main reason we had this car crash of a season is just plain dumb at this point.

Also imagine saying that an attacking player in Sancho who had 6 goal contributions had a better season than a player that had 16.:houllier:

When Van Pesire "won us the league" I would say we definitely were not "awesome" in most positions. I wouldn't go as far as what opposition fans say that he singlehandedly won us the league, but without Van Persie I am not sure we would have.
We lost the previous title race on goal difference. We won this one by 12 points. Was RvP the reason we won the title? Possibly... but let's not forget we had the biggest X Factor of them all... SAF.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
:lol:

I'll humor you, who was better than Bruno since he arrived? Let's keep it attacking player wise: Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Sancho, Ronaldo?

Ronaldo is GOAT tier player, of course he is going to stand out. Even so his form was incredibly patchy this season even by our standards.

De Gea? The same De Gea who went Awol for a good 2.5 seasons? The same De Gea that lost his place to a GK that we loaned out to side recently promoted from the Championship and only got it back because he had covid and injury? The same De Gea that besides his reflexes offers feck all outside of them. It doesn't take a lot of coaching to have good reflexes...

I wouldn't classify those 2 as some kind of example. They are the best of the worst bunch in a very atrocious season. Singling out Bruno as if he was the main reason we had this car crash of a season is just plain dumb at this point.

Also imagine saying that an attacking player in Sancho who had 6 goal contributions had a better season than a player that had 16.:houllier:

We lost the previous title race on goal difference. We won this one by 12 points. Was RvP the reason we won the title? Possibly... but let's not forget we had the biggest X Factor of them all... SAF.
You seem to feel the need to do a lot of humouring. I’d say from when he signed in the Feb to around December of that same year Bruno was outstanding. He was our best performer generally but even by the December cracks were appearing and people were saying it was fatigue. From the January onwards he had very few good games. This season just gone I can’t think of any bar Leeds. Awful.

Caesar2290

You seem to feel the need to do a lot of humouring. I’d say from when he signed in the Feb to around December of that same year Bruno was outstanding. He was our best performer generally but even by the December cracks were appearing and people were saying it was fatigue. From the January onwards he had very few good games. This season just gone I can’t think of any bar Leeds. Awful.
Yes, but you clearly said he was our worst attacking player, which is not the case. That's why I asked you to name 1 player who had a better attacking output that he did.

In reality, while Bruno wasn't that good, neither were Martial, Cavanni, Rashford, James, Greenwood and even Sancho. And yet, most of the players started declining around the same time Bruno did.

It can either mean that we are hyper dependent on Bruno for our creativity or our attacking coaching is garbage and Bruno rather than being the cause is part of the problem as well.

Take your pick.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Yes, but you clearly said he was our worst attacking player, which is not the case. That's why I asked you to name 1 player who had a better attacking output that he did.

In reality, while Bruno wasn't that good, neither were Martial, Cavanni, Rashford, James, Greenwood and even Sancho. And yet, most of the players started declining around the same time Bruno did.

It can either mean that we are hyper dependent on Bruno for our creativity or our attacking coaching is garbage and Bruno rather than being the cause is part of the problem as well.

Take your pick.
It could be that Bruno works well in a system that allows him to do what he likes. Of the other players you mention Rashford has had injuries and to my mind his head isn’t in it either. Martial has been marginalised. Sancho played more good games last season than Bruno. Ronaldo was head and shoulders and Bruno was awful and cost us in so many big moments.

evil_geko

So in his worst season, Bruno is in second spot, creating more chances than De Bruyne, not bad. This the player that so many on Caf want to get rid, right?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

So in his worst season, Bruno is in second spot, creating more chances than De Bruyne, not bad. This the player that so many on Caf want to get rid, right?
If he doesnt start taking care of the ball it won’t only be the caf that wants rid

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Proof that he was better than De Bruyne.

Bwuk

Really hoping we get peak Bruno again. What a monster he was.

UncleBob

Does this include the chances he's creating for the opposition?

RuudTom83

It is easy to forget that the United squad does have some talented players. Looking forward to seeing Bruno next season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Most from open play too.

Greck

Forget having a good season I'll settle for a version that finally keeps the ball on the ground and doesn't feel compelled to bin every possession trying to find a Ronaldo sandwiched between two centerbacks. Weirdest ever chemistry.

zaafi

Why are people saying Bruno was better than De Bruyne? He created 2 more chances, but you're not mentioning the fact he played nearly 1000 minutes more, which is around 11 full matches. Not so good now, eh?

TOKUGAWA-X

I expect Bruno to shine again now that our static, old number 9 is leaving.

ETH should do wonders with a Bruno that doesnt have to look for Ronaldo all the time.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I expect Bruno to shine again now that our static, old number 9 is leaving.

ETH should do wonders with a Bruno that doesnt have to look for Ronaldo all the time.
Please stop this nonsense. Ronaldo has far less to prove on a football pitch than Bruno Fernandes, he’s been a success every year with every team he’s ever played in - Bruno has been a journeyman who found his big break in his mid-twenties, and has been up and down since then. Of the two of them, it’s Ronaldo who has shown he knows what he is doing on the pitch more often than not.

And our ‘static, old number 9’ still managed 24 goals last season. A number of them, particularly in the Champions League, were created by none other than Bruno Fernandes. If I ask you to explain specifically how Ronaldo has made Bruno perform poorly, you would struggle to make a sensible argument. This is just lazy narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.