5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

flappyjay

He's got a lot of ability but he's an incredibly brainless player who has no feel for the game at all. He is always going for the hollywood pass even when the obvious play is to get on the ball and have a bit of control of the game. Today's game was far too frantic, every time he had possession of the ball he wanted to go for the killer pass.

I'm not his biggest fan tbh, but I'd like to see if another manager could add a bit of control to his game because in Ole's system he's allowed to do whatever the feck he wants and while it does yield results at times it's not a good way to play football at our level IMO.
For anyone who thought Bruno and Pogba could play together in a 4 3 3 this game should have dispelled it. After we get starved of the ball for a long time the 1st thing the do when they get it is a Hollywood pass.

ti vu

Mixed bag really. He was lively, and influential in our quick turn of defending to attacking. However, I feel like he's playing with his instinct rather than playing with a system with discipline. So it's just both side of the same coin. When it works out well, it can be incredible. When it is not, it can be shockingly terrible.

I have more issue with penalty taking assignment though. I know he has been our penalty taker, but it's Ronaldo here ffs. Now after missing this, it feels devastating that he wouldn't have chance to fix it for a long time. It would have been better if he had passed the torch before this miss.

lost7

Would be unfair to criticise him for the missed pen when he's been rock solid for us from the spot

Ralph1386

However, I feel like he's playing with his instinct rather than playing with a system with discipline.
The problem is that there is no system in the way we play, so all the players are having to rely on instinct. Not just him.

SAF is the GOAT

Bruno's Facebook page :

"Nobody is more frustrated and disappointed than me for missing the penalty and the consequent defeat.
I’ve always assumed my responsibilities and I've always embraced them under pressure in moments like this.
Today, I failed. But I took a step forward and faced the challenge with the same ambition and responsibility as when, on the many other occasions, the ball ended up in the net.

Criticism and contrasting opinions are a big part of football. I’ve learned to live with it, even using them to drive me on, and I consider it all a very important part of my commitment to never stop trying to improve and to become the best player I can possibly be, for me and the team.

Today I once again took the responsibility given to me almost since I joined United and I will take it again without any fear or dread whenever called upon.
The most important thing for me is to win together and I’ll always do everything I can to help my teammates and the club to be the best we can be.
I'm a player who leaves everything on the pitch, with great desire and commitment. And that’s what I'll continue to do.

Thank you for all your support after the final whistle! Hearing you chanting my name in the stadium was very emotional… I will come back stronger for me, because these are the standards I hold myself to, but most of all for my teammates and our fans who have always supported us."

Raven

Like I've said for ages, he'd be a better player if he could introduce some calmness and composure to his game. Still amongst our best players but he should dial back his constant Hollywood balls a bit, especially when we're under so much pressure.

Guapa

Penalty aside he's been average for quite some time now.Looks like he's lost focus or realising how poor we are becoming.

Eddy_JukeZ

I had this nagging feeling he was going to miss it.

I don't know why. Just felt like destiny.

I'm sure he'll bounce back. No one will be more upset than him for the miss.

Denis79

I had this nagging feeling he was going to miss it.

I don't know why. Just felt like destiny.

I'm sure he'll bounce back. No one will be more upset than him for the miss.
Everyone misses one sooner or later, I'm not worried.

Denis79

Like I've said for ages, he'd be a better player if he could introduce some calmness and composure to his game. Still amongst our best players but he should dial back his constant Hollywood balls a bit, especially when we're under so much pressure.
Agree but I also think that this is our offensive tactic. Get the ball to someone creative and let them do magic.

SAF is the GOAT

Penalty aside he's been average for quite some time now. Looks like he's lost focus or realizing how poor we are becoming.
Perhaps but in the game he almost assisted Mason a few times but Mason didn't score those.

DreadnoughtRS88

Bruno was a real spark when he came here and single-handedly changed our mentality. It was becoming too cosy and there was a lot of unfounded arrogance in that trophyless dressing room (mostly Rashford, Martial, Lingard). His highlights are right up there with Scholes, Beckham and Giggs. But, all we get recently is an occasional highlight. He cuts a frustrated figure and him constantly disregarding the proper, patient build up for the sake of his Hollywood passes is doing my head in. Body language - horrible. I am afraid he could do more harm than good long term and I cannot think of any manager who would 1) give him as much freedom and 2) run him into the ground as much as the ex-Cardiff flop who was on the verge at Molde.

VivaRonaldo85

What’s odd about his missed penalty yesterday is the complete change in technique. His success has come from a slightly longer run up, the big step and pause before side footing the ball into a corner. I can only think that in the heat of the moment, the keeper’s gamesmanship and being exhausted after 90 mins play, he’s forgotten his go to technique and tried to blast it as hard as he can. All very strange.

DoomSlayer

He hasn't played well, apart from the Leeds game. But I can't blame him, the team has been absolutely shite and I don't see us getting any better, so it is what it is.

Litch

Mixed feelings about Bruno, his goals and assists hide many of his weaknesses which sounds like a real stupid thing to say. I think there are times he could offer move to the team and it would be great if we awe talking more about his good performances when he hasn't scored or assists. Still waiting for him to be the difference when it counts in big games.

Litch

He hasn't played well, apart from the Leeds game. But I can't blame him, the team has been absolutely shite and I don't see us getting any better, so it is what it is.
So he isn't part of the team.....?

DoomSlayer

So he isn't part of the team.....?
He is and every other player has underperformed just as much. I put the major blame on the manager, who is supposed to provide a stable and effective platform for a team to play a consistent game.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Actually think he was quite good yesterday. Didnt work out for us in the final third but only Fernandes and Greenwood carried us going forward.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Definitely agree. Everything doesn't have to be a hundred miles an hour

slored1

He was pretty decent yesterday, don't know what game some of you were watching. Created a lot of chances, should have gotten a tap-in if Greenwood wasn't so selfish. Shame about the penalty but it happens.

We rely on him far too much. On days like yesterday, if he can't produce a world class pass or two we are clueless. It should not all be on his shoulders and I think knowing that pushes him to try the Hollywood balls.

He absolutely must take the next penalty too, or we go down the Mourinho route of players being scared for their places in the team pecking order.

Litch

He is and every other player has underperformed just as much. I put the major blame on the manager, who is supposed to provide a stable and effective platform for a team to play a consistent game.
The two-month mini-season in June and July, one Premier League player gave the ball away 198 times — more than any other outfielder. He misplaced a league-high 106 passes in the attacking half.....

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Bruno was a real spark when he came here and single-handedly changed our mentality. It was becoming too cosy and there was a lot of unfounded arrogance in that trophyless dressing room (mostly Rashford, Martial, Lingard). His highlights are right up there with Scholes, Beckham and Giggs. But, all we get recently is an occasional highlight. He cuts a frustrated figure and him constantly disregarding the proper, patient build up for the sake of his Hollywood passes is doing my head in. Body language - horrible. I am afraid he could do more harm than good long term and I cannot think of any manager who would 1) give him as much freedom and 2) run him into the ground as much as the ex-Cardiff flop who was on the verge at Molde.
Now did point number 2 require you to say ex-Cardiff flop who was on the verge at Molde?

whatever you think of Ole, whenever he leaves here he will be leaving as statistically one of our best managers and also leave the squad and club in a better place.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
What’s odd about his missed penalty yesterday is the complete change in technique. His success has come from a slightly longer run up, the big step and pause before side footing the ball into a corner. I can only think that in the heat of the moment, the keeper’s gamesmanship and being exhausted after 90 mins play, he’s forgotten his go to technique and tried to blast it as hard as he can. All very strange.
Martinez’s shithousery played a real role I feel. I was very confident once I saw Bruno was going to take it and Ronaldo happily stepped aside.

DoomSlayer

The two-month mini-season in June and July, one Premier League player gave the ball away 198 times — more than any other outfielder. He misplaced a league-high 106 passes in the attacking half.....
What are you on about, are you the fecking Riddler or something?

Micky Targaryen

I feel indifferent about the penalty miss. He was bound to miss sooner or later. Nobody is perfect from the spot. I am however pissed at our home record. Old Trafford.. more like Cold Trafford.

Litch

Now did point number 2 require you to say ex-Cardiff flop who was on the verge at Molde?

whatever you think of Ole, whenever he leaves here he will be leaving as statistically one of our best managers and also leave the squad and club in a better place.
Not if the stats don't equate to no trophies and not if the next manager has to dismantle it in order for it to be successful. Better place it won't be if we have spent big and have nothing to show for it. Ultimately a 'poorer place' still had trophies.....that's the measure and not everyone being happy.

golden_blunder

Staff
Not if the stats don't equate to no trophies and not if the next manager has to dismantle it in order for it to be successful. Better place it won't be if we have spent big and have nothing to show for it. Ultimately a 'poorer place' still had trophies.....that's the measure and not everyone being happy.
Whoever comes in next will only have to tweak not overhaul like ole has had to do. This is why the next manager has to be right. If we bring in someone like Conte he’s going rip it all up again and we’re back to square one. This team is one balanced midfield away from glory

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
To be fair, he would have been my MOTM before the penalty missed. He created lot of chances.

Can't believe I decided to give him 2/10, it was very harsh from me but I did it because I was frustrated that we couldn't even get a draw for that match, thus I gave madness rating yesterday to everyone except Varane.

Marwood

I thought he was good. Put a massive shift in as well. Could see he really wanted it. Bizarre pen though.

DreadnoughtRS88

Very much so, mate. This fanbase apparently needs a constant reminder who we are and what our standards should be. He was backed financially like no other manager in our history. We should thank the protesters who postponed the Liverpool game as it forced Glazers hand to go out and bring three top class player (Sancho in the making, hopefully).

If there was any sense to Solskjaer's transfer dealings, we wouldn't be stuck with Fred and McTominay in midfield.

This is exactly the point - the fans think a Europa League final, a second place in a freak season and a bunch of semi-final bottlejobs and CL group stage exits is good enough after 400mil investment into an already good squad. Some people call Guardiola a chequebook manager, and it can be argued he is, but he actualy has a philosophy he can implement and win trophies. What has Ole done with his investments? I could go on about that for hours.

So, to answer your question again: yes, everyone should hammer home time and again that we have an ex-Cardiff flop whom their fans pretend never happened to their football club (and it's Cardiff) and a Molde manager about to be sacked as he wasn't up to standard in the Norwegian league, as a MANCHESTER UNITED manager.

golden_blunder

Staff
Very much so, mate. This fanbase apparently needs a constant reminder who we are and what our standards should be. He was backed financially like no other manager in our history. We should thank the protesters who postponed the Liverpool game as it forced Glazers hand to go out and bring three top class player (Sancho in the making, hopefully).

If there was any sense to Solskjaer's transfer dealings, we wouldn't be stuck with Fred and McTominay in midfield.

This is exactly the point - the fans think a Europa League final, a second place in a freak season and a bunch of semi-final bottlejobs and CL group stage exits is good enough after 400mil investment into an already good squad. Some people call Guardiola a chequebook manager, and it can be argued he is, but he actualy has a philosophy he can implement and win trophies. What has Ole done with his investments? I could go on about that for hours.

So, to answer your question again: yes, everyone should hammer home time and again that we have an ex-Cardiff flop whom their fans pretend never happened to their football club (and it's Cardiff) and a Molde manager about to be sacked as he wasn't up to standard in the Norwegian league, as a MANCHESTER UNITED manager.
To pick up from something you said, he didn’t inherit a very good squad. He inherited a poor squad, unbalanced with poor morale and no on-pitch leadership.
it can’t be laid at his door how much top level players cost these days. This is not the 1990s anymore where btw Fergie regularly broke transfer records.
Context is everything- for example he has the record now for longest unbeaten run taken from the great “unbeatable” side.
It’s fair to say that he has done a lot right and will leave the club, the squad and the structures in a much better shape. Many things which don’t care about his previous reputation, those are meaningful things he has achieved as United manager. Without doubt I think.

has he now taken United as far as he can? Possibly
Is it time for Ole out? Not for me. At least not yet. He needs to be given the time to bed this team down and get Rashford back in. Then see where we are

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
To pick up from something you said, he didn’t inherit a very good squad. He inherited a poor squad, unbalanced with poor morale and no on-pitch leadership.
it can’t be laid at his door how much top level players cost these days. This is not the 1990s anymore where btw Fergie regularly broke transfer records.
Context is everything- for example he has the record now for longest unbeaten run taken from the great “unbeatable” side.
It’s fair to say that he has done a lot right and will leave the club, the squad and the structures in a much better shape. Many things which don’t care about his previous reputation, those are meaningful things he has achieved as United manager. Without doubt I think.

has he now taken United as far as he can? Possibly
Is it time for Ole out? Not for me. At least not yet. He needs to be given the time to bed this team down and get Rashford back in. Then see where we are
He sold/ got rid of 40 ex United players whilst he is here - yet some fans are saying that it's only glazers doing Ole a favour.

Matriac

Not that it matters really, and this is a Bruno thread, but I wonder where you got the idea that Ole was about to be sacked from Molde?

He just signed a new 3 year contract with Molde at the start of December 2018, before he a few weeks later became our interim manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.