5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

CG1010

He’s the new Rooney. Everyone loves him when he’s delivering the goods, which is pretty regularly, but when he’s not he’s getting slated to feck.
Apart from the fact that they played in the same positions (to the extent Fergie and Ole's different systems allow), it's actually a good comparison. They produce immense output for the team, in addition they are great with their defensive duties and also are prone to lots of ups and downs during the match. Note I am just comparing their impact and not playing style here.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:rolleyes: Guaranteed if another teams player did it we'd be mocking them. Double standards.
it’s just a knee slide he’s hardly gone cart wheeling down the pitch and stuck it to the everton fans has he :lol: relax

Acole9

Outstanding
it’s just a knee slide he’s hardly gone cart wheeling down the pitch and stuck it to the everton fans has he :lol: relax
I am relaxed you're the one replying and getting wound up.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Who cares if it was a friendly. If I’d scored that free kick in my back garden I’d celebrate it. Also he’s a winner. I doubt he cared that it was only a friendly.

Acole9

Outstanding
Since when football tribalism is about fairness?
I think fairness is probably the wrong choice of word there. Like I said cracking goal from a brilliant player who I hope is refreshed after a well earned break. Personally I thought the knee slide was a bit over the top, not saying he shouldn't celebrate but each to their own. Can't be assed to argue with anyone on here about it.

Remember the geese

I find it amusing how there is this perceived tier system where goal celebrations are concerned. The "knee slide" is quite obviously the very pinnacle of goal infused ecstasy and should only be performed on an occasion befitting of its grand allure. An old-school Alan Shearer inspired single arm held aloft would be just the right amount of subtle appreciation for his goalscoring craftsmanship, whilst at the same time not being too self-indulgent.

Tony247

I think fairness is probably the wrong choice of word there. Like I said cracking goal from a brilliant player who I hope is refreshed after a well earned break. Personally I thought the knee slide was a bit over the top, not saying he shouldn't celebrate but each to their own. Can't be assed to argue with anyone on here about it.
Modern players often celebrate in their signature style no matter what the occasion.

Acole9

Outstanding
Being a United fan, wouldn't you slide on your knees after scoring for them, even if its just a friendly? I know I sure as hell would
Probably not in a friendly. It's just a preference thing at the end of the day. I think there's been a bit of an overreaction to my post earlier, I'm not saying don't celebrate or anything like that. I just thought the knee slide was slightly over the top. The majority clearly don't agree with me which is fair enough.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Probably not in a friendly. It's just a preference thing at the end of the day. I think there's been a bit of an overreaction to my post earlier, I'm not saying don't celebrate or anything like that. I just thought the knee slide was slightly over the top. The majority clearly don't agree with me which is fair enough.
He just scored a top bins free kick in front of 45,000 adoring fans all cheering his name. I'd have been doing the fecking macarena :lol:

I get what you're trying to say but Bruno does that celebration with every goal, there's nothing wrong with an elaborate celebration.

sugar_kane

Saw absolutely nothing wrong with his celebration, especially given the quality of the goal - but was he not particularly buzzing about the goal since it's the first time he's scored in front of an OT crowd since early 2020?

Sea-Cow

I genuinely get conflicted with little Bruno. He can drive me insane with some of the borderline stupid things he tries to pull off and the periods during matches, and occasionally longer, when he constantly gives the ball away and loses possession with loose touches and Hollywood passes. He can be maddening.

But at the end of the day it really comes down to goals and assists. And he's ridiculous, and god I hope it continues this year.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What a performance. Hattrick to start the season.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Shocking that we were given three penalties today. So much for those new VAR changes.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How have I only just realised how fantastic his first touch is?

The United

Should not play as a second forward. Needs to play a bit further back.

His number will surely dry up.

Status
Not open for further replies.