Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He can easily play in a 4-3-3 system.

Bruno - Matic - VDB

That should be out midfield. Just look at City, they usually play:

KDB - Rodri - B.Silva.

You can't tell me either silva or KDB are defensive players but they function well in a midfield trio. Ole (or the coaching staff) need to stop playing Bruno as a second striker, it's so infuriating.

MattofManchester

He's carried this team for 2 seasons now and still people are saying he's shite. :lol:

It's his fault we get overrun and concede goals, his fault we don't score against small teams, his fault for everything.
Not the manager, no.
Just Bruno. Who is responsible for the entire fecking team performance, tactics and system.
Yes, all Bruno.

Why sack Ole then? We should sack Bruno.

Pathetic.

sugar_kane

If we're going to succeed with the current squad we need to build the team around Bruno, he's our most talented and hard-working player.

His main issue is he gives the ball away often, or presses on his own leaving too much space. This is part and parcel though of what you get with a creative player, as they will take risks and sometimes make mistakes.

Some of it can be addressed by individual instructions to Bruno, but he shouldn't be restricted too much otherwise it will negate what makes him a threat.

Instead, the team around him need to have the space behind him covered, and be ready to defend if he loses the ball. If he is pressing, they need to press with him or he needs to be instructed otherwise.

Anyone who thinks he is a problem is talking shite.

finneh

He can easily play in a 4-3-3 system.

Bruno - Matic - VDB

That should be out midfield. Just look at City, they usually play:

KDB - Rodri - B.Silva.

You can't tell me either silva or KDB are defensive players but they function well in a midfield trio. Ole (or the coaching staff) need to stop playing Bruno as a second striker, it's so infuriating.
Your post assumes that overnight our trio will be part of a squad that expects a double digit possession advantage over almost every opposition. It also assumes that Bruno will be lobotomised and instead of regularly opting for the most risky pass (something he's done forever); will somehow become a player who succeeds in a possession based team where taking huge risks regularly is a sackable offence.

Then you're asking a 33 year old to cover the same ground as someone 8 years their junior. Optimistic at best. That's before even comparing a midfielder that statistically covers more ground than anyone else in the league with someone who's sat on the bench most of their top level career.

You aren't talking about a new strategy. You're talking about months and months of coaching, along with a manager with totally different viewpoints and several signings.

You might as well say if we were managed by Pep and had his entire roster we'd play like City. Well... Yeah.

SonyaCross493

Bruno is probably in the worst form of his life. It must be tactical from Ole to tell him to run past the attackers because for Portugal he stays deeper in midfield.

Either play him in midfield and get him to stay there otherwise drop him like Stephen Howson said because he's a liability tactically leaving our midfield over-exposed too open for the counter-attack. Teams are carving us open like knife through butter.

Donny is waiting patiently for his chance. lingard too.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Bruno is probably in the worst form of his life. It must be tactical from Ole to tell him to run past the attackers because for Portugal he stays deeper in midfield.

Either play him in midfield and get him to stay there otherwise drop him like Stephen Howson said because he's a liability tactically leaving our midfield over-exposed too open for the counter-attack
The Ballon D'or candidate can't play well because he's being told to run past attackers?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I disagree that Bruno is the worst form of his life.

He has like 4 goals and 2 assists in 8 matches.

The difference is that he is not our main player now. Before the whole attack goes through him and he has the ability to put the ball in the net just as much pass.

He is a very momentum based player and he doesn't have that now because the momentum doesn't go through him.

SonyaCross493

He is running around like a ill-disciplined headless chicken losing the ball and not keeping a cool head slowing the play down meaning tactically the opposition play through the spaces he vacates when we lose the ball on the counter-attack. I think we have to be honest that Fernandes is not playing well. It's not a criticism or shouldn't be taboo to say.

He's not the only one not playing well. But we are use to more from him as one of the captains and leaders.

He will get back in form but he needs to stay deep like he does for Portugal or we should play Donny instead who will help us control the midfield better or if you want an attacker outside the box against a Low Block play Lingard instead who's better at it.

Basically no player should be undroppable Fernandes included. Healthy competition by playing Donny tonight might be the rocket up his arse he needs to come back with a point to prove against Liverpool. Sometimes players need that. It's a good thing for the club to have healthy competition. Also Fernandes barely gets a rest we are playing him into the ground (which will cost us come the end of the season when he's gassed like at the end of last season) he plays every game he might need a rest before playing Liverpool and City to keep him fresh and at his best for those games. It's why a manager has a squad to utilise. Donny was an absolute star at Ajax so it's not a bad replacement. Some would say a ready-made perfect replacement.

Last edited:

Sea-Cow

I disagree that Bruno is the worst form of his life.

He has like 4 goals and 2 assists in 8 matches.

The difference is that he is not our main player now. Before the whole attack goes through him and he has the ability to put the ball in the net just as much pass.

He is a very momentum based player and he doesn't have that now because the momentum doesn't go through him.
You aren't wrong but this just doesn't tell an accurate story of how he's been performing. Does he get credited with an assist for playing a short pass out wide to Greenwood 35 yards from goal who then carries it inside and rips one in the far corner?

Sea-Cow

He has some incredibly frustrating performances but I understand leaving him out there even when he is constantly giving the ball away, because he can produce moments of magic that save our bacon.

Perfect example -- he was terrible the entire match against Leicester but then when we're down 3-2 he whips in a cross from the right that prime Becham would have applauded. The replay showed just how incredible it was, how it had pace and the perfect amount of bend to miss the defenders and find Ronaldo's run perfectly. Unfortunately it was a difficult volley and he put it wide (I think), but that could have saved a point and would have been a wank worthy highlight from someone thats not close to his best form.

RuudTom83

Drop a little deeper Bruno and hold the shape a little more please.

Other than that I love you! x

el3mel

He turned the gears on in that second half. Was shit in first one but his passes were absolute class in second half.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Plenty in the match thread wanted him subbed at half time. :lol:

Oranges038

He made some great passes. But he just goes for the killer ball every time. Sometimes he just needs to put his foot on it.

snk123

His crossing was the worst i’ve ever seen from a Utd player since Bebe. Just couldn’t lift the ball every single time

Vaibhav Raj

In the match-day thread, some posters were calling him gash when he had created enough clear cut chances to change the match in the first half itself. And all on his own. If our forwards could finish the chances Bruno creates for them and serves them on a platter, we would have won this game against Atalanta 5-2 or something.

lawliet354

Could have 5 assist if Ronaldo or Rashford finishes better, this is just standard Bruno performance, very wasteful yet the only one in the team capable of creating so many chances

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Imagine how good he'd be with an actual coach in charge of United. The guy is fantastic despite the shit show of coaching he's had.

Vaibhav Raj

He turned the gears on in that second half. Was shit in first one but his passes were absolute class in second half.
Literally created couple of clear cut chance in the first half that our forwards fluffed.

MattofManchester

Don't care how wasteful he is.

If he's creating 3 - 5 chances a game that are legitimate goalscoring chances, he's doing his job.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

If he played with clinical forwards United would've scored 3 or 4 in the first half. Some of them round the corner outside the foot passes... gorgeous.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
We play much better when he's closer to the midfield like he did in the 2nd half, he needs to be coached and disciplined in this - even if his personal stats suffer.

Nick7

Poor opening 30, must be said. But he seemed to drop a bit deeper then and started picking up a lot of open space. Was pretty much unplayable in the second half.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Clusterfeck of a first half (despite setting up 2 good chances) and much better 2nd half with a brilliant assist
Thought he assisted the second too, unless Cavani got a nick

RUCK4444

If he played with clinical forwards United would've scored 3 or 4 in the first half. Some of them round the corner outside the foot passes... gorgeous.
I was looking for the amount of chances he created because I knew it would be crazy high, even first half when he was off it a bit he created proper chances.

Unreal output for one game.

arnie_ni

He either lost the ball or created a chance. It was a mental performance.

The pass to rash was unreal.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
What was his pass completion rate, because his passing was fecking erratic. Can't fault the chances he creates, but he really needs to stop the needless giving the ball away.

The United

Who cares about the chance creating anyway or something?

What about his other not too decent stats so that we can have some people come in and berate him?

P.S... the poster above...hahaha!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Crazy game. Ranged from abysmal to great seemingly ever 5 seconds.

Terrible set pieces though, and yet somehow two of them led directly to goals.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Wait, more in one game than any player across potentially 3 has created? People moaning about him can feck off.

Ekeke

He looked off the pace and made some poor choices at times, yet still made loads of key passes to get us in shooting situations

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Without wishing to be mean, I know he had some key moments, as usual, but I find the match ratings of him interesting as to me he had quite a poor game and was responsible for a lot of good opportunities going awry. We should not be scared to play Pogba ahead of him sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.