5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The United

Its good that he was playing more as a midfielder, keeping possesion, and always offered himself as a passing option and had players near him for a pass.

KDB-esque performance. Promising.
You mean KDB at his peak? KDB has been pretty shit for that standard nowadays when I watch him play lately.

MUFromLTU

Some of the posts here unbelievable. He had most assists and most creates chances in all Champions league coming into this game and people claiming its his first good game.

Walked straight back to own half with head dropped after the assist instead of celebrating, hopefully just in respect of Ole and not falling out with some of teammates

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He's a midfielder, not a shadow striker and we should play him as such. Carrick understands.

He's brilliant and I find it baffling people doubt him. They must really think managers have no impact and we're in 7th place because we have the 7th best squad.

Lowkey

Some of the posts here unbelievable. He had most assists and most creates chances in all Champions league coming into this game and people claiming its his first good game.

Walked straight back to own half with head dropped after the assist instead of celebrating, hopefully just in respect of Ole and not falling out with some of teammates
i dont like seeing that. That was Sanchos first goal for the club. A big moment, and he should have been there to share that moment with him instead of having his tantrum sulk on the pitch

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
i dont like seeing that. That was Sanchos first goal for the club. A big moment, and he should have been there to share that moment with him instead of having his tantrum sulk on the pitch
Important goal, Sanchos first. Don't be a dick and go celebrate. wtf..

Valencia Shin Crosses

The criticism he gets is ridiculous. Every single time we try and play without him it’s made absolutely clear how good/important he is. And still some people can’t/won’t accept this.
But the criticism isn’t ridiculous? No one here says that he’s shit or not one of our best players, but I don’t know how someone can watch us when Bruno is playing at his worst and say he’s above criticism. We don’t have to defend these players no matter what just because they have done well for us. Especially in a prolonged period of bad play. Christ there are others we’ve had that it’s the opposite where they play 5 great and one bad game and people just crucify the bad game.

Bruno at his best plays like he did today, energetic and spraying passes around connecting play while being a threat in the final third. At his worst and during his bad form he becomes a reckless gunslinger that either sits next to the striker as a 4th forward or decides to sprint and press randomly without any real thought to it. And anyone that can’t see the distinction between the two or that he’s above criticism as the second is ridiculous

The United

But the criticism isn’t ridiculous? No one here says that he’s shit or not one of our best players, but I don’t know how someone can watch us when Bruno is playing at his worst and say he’s above criticism. We don’t have to defend these players no matter what just because they have done well for us. Especially in a prolonged period of bad play. Christ there are others we’ve had that it’s the opposite where they play 5 great and one bad game and people just crucify the bad game.

Bruno at his best plays like he did today, energetic and spraying passes around connecting play while being a threat in the final third. At his worst and during his bad form he becomes a reckless gunslinger that either sits next to the striker as a 4th forward or decides to sprint and press randomly without any real thought to it. And anyone that can’t see the distinction between the two or that he’s above criticism as the second is ridiculous
Who is that player though? I wonder.

I bet Bruno would be as close as to that player in this squad for the past 2 - 3 years.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He showed he can play a bit deeper, even though it was very nice for him to get on the pitch at the moment when the Spanish side started to tire, so not saying Donny wasn't good but it would have been a different story if the other player started.

But yeah I think he could easily be part of the midfield 3 for the next manager in the mould of KDB as the most advanced no8 with Fred being more of a ball winner and covering for our 6 which should be our next investment.

Donny could join them in that midfield but, neither him is a no6and will be better as an 8 so I think if we replace McTominay and Matic with a WC 6 we have a great set of midfielders.But important will be for the manager to really stop playing Bruno as a SS. But any sane manager have seen this I reckon.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Who is that player though? I wonder.

I bet Bruno would be as close as to that player in this squad for the past 2 - 3 years.
Bruno (and maybe, at a push, Fred) are literally the only players in our squad who fit that description.

I’m not including Shaw because he managed to go almost a whole season with more or less no bad games.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Nothing like competition to make players maintain a certain standard.

He's been dogshit a weeks now, benching him did him good.

The United

Any clip for that Bruno's ridiculous pass to Rashford?

I was watching it and thinking he would pass it to Sancho who was wide open on the right.

Guapa

Excellent.Kept it simply and Back to his best.Looked p*ssed though :lol:

united for life

he is the kind of player that takes it personal. Old school and I love that about him. If he loses a game, it hurts him (unlike others who might go for a hair cut, dance and post on social media). What has happened over the last month is in his head. You can see it in his body language. Even his tribute to Ole on social media was different than other players. He was the only one to say it was the players’ fault too. He feels responsible. I recall gary neville once said he would be ashamed for a week after a loss (not exact quote but almost). Bruno is a similar character - genuine. An old school professional. Today’s win isn’t enough for him. He wants more. I doubt he fell out with anyone, it’s just his body language in this turbulence.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He's a midfielder, not a shadow striker and we should play him as such. Carrick understands.

He's brilliant and I find it baffling people doubt him. They must really think managers have no impact and we're in 7th place because we have the 7th best squad.
To be fair I've only doubted him because I was never sure if his role is truly oles doing or his own. Today is another example it was ole.

No one has doubted his talent but his role in the past.

criticalanalysis

Looked pissed off at being left out and based on his impact after coming on, rightly so. He's been dodgy during this rough patch (hardly alone in that respect) but his quality is clear for those that want to see it.
Disclaimer: Body language post despite having no discernible experience in this field.

I felt his body language was a bit off today, looked sulky when he came on. He didn't even celebrate when Sancho scored.
he is the kind of player that takes it personal. Old school and I love that about him. If he loses a game, it hurts him (unlike others who might go for a hair cut, dance and post on social media). What has happened over the last month is in his head. You can see it in his body language. Even his tribute to Ole on social media was different than other players. He was the only one to say it was the players’ fault too. He feels responsible. I recall gary neville once said he would be ashamed for a week after a loss (not exact quote but almost). Bruno is a similar character - genuine. An old school professional. Today’s win isn’t enough for him. He wants more. I doubt he fell out with anyone, it’s just his body language in this turbulence.
Phew, I thought I was the only one! It was quite funny because he played so bloody well in a refined and measured way but his body language gave mega vibes :lol:

Look at his shoulders after Ronaldo's and Sancho's goal or even when he played eye of the needle passes. Usually you would raise your shoulders or have a little jump in your step, instead his was almost slumped like he was sulking/really hurt on the inside.

Ultimate, old school and passionate professional. He did as he was told, played a blinder technically and yet was emo on the inside :drool:

Real Name

Game turned on its head when he came on. Made a huge difference, from the 1st second he made a difference, the whole team looked more reassured and we got the ball after their pressure. Villareal never came back after he came on. Assist for Sancho and could have had 2 more or 1 more. I remember a pass to Sancho when the keeper saved his shot.

cyberman

11 g/a in 10 CL starts. It’s amazing how passé we are starting to become towards his cutting edge.
Edit he’s only 3 off the CL assist record in a single season already

Last edited:

RPT_Reddevil

Looked sharp and kept possession well. Played some really nice balls where our attackers could have done better. Exploited the tiring Villareal defense well.

His G/A numbers are just unreal.

Disclaimer: Body language post despite having no discernible experience in this field.

I felt his body language was a bit off today, looked sulky when he came on. He didn't even celebrate when Sancho scored.
Yeah, thought the same. Think he was pissed at being benched. Good, I want him pissed off and fired up.

Ixion

Needed dropping based on form, hopefully helps him focus a little. Played well when he came on, much better than recent weeks. Sometimes that's all it takes, Maguire will probably benefit from missing the Chelsea game. I think some people are kidding themselves a little if they think we'd have walked the match if he started, we grew in confidence the longer we kept the clean sheet so he came on at a good time.

romufc

And, both changed the game.

Not that I don't agree with resting them once in awhile unlike the past 2-3 seasons.
Yep, that is the value of the squad though right?

Give Martial and Donny a chance to show what they can do by starting them, gives Bruno and Rashford something to think about.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s been creating a ridiculous amount of chances this season. But yesterday was one of my most enjoyable games this season. All the pundits kept banging on about how boring or whatever we were in the first half but I loved the shape, patience and compactness. I prefer that performance to the one against Leeds where we won 5-1. This one looked a more sustainable model of success. And from this foundation, Bruno seemed to take to it much better and can really provide the x-factor for us. I know VDB didn’t do much yesterday, but I would like to see him in the team more with Bruno and Sancho and Bruno to link with them more in the build up phases. The midfield two really is a glaring weakness in the team at the minute.

Abraxas

He can be a frustrating player at times but even when he's struggling he puts up numbers. He makes an impact. I think part of it is that he tries so many low percentage options that inevitably when he isn't on it then it becomes a nightmare where we give away easy balls.

If he can tidy things up a bit with some of the basic stuff (he's been putting people in trouble too often for a player of his quality with his short passing) and get in the game more he'll be back to what we've seen pretty soon, I'm sure of that.

nygaard

I think the team did well defensively without him, he can be a super sub impact player.

He decides the play too quickly, its always a vertical decision, which makes the team lose a lot of balls and have to run back, and builds lactic acid in the muscles of our players. I liked the 3 CM shape and him coming as a impact sub.

Also all the wingers are very poor at tracking back so the 3 CM allows one of the wingers to rest more. 2 wingers + bruno is overload on the midfield pair defensively.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

HiS HeRo BaLl MaKeS uS WoRsE. We ShOlD SeLl HiM. LoOk At HiS pAsS cOmPlEtIoN!

Status
Not open for further replies.