5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sugar_kane

Needs the rest and time to refocus, I'm confident he will come back strong. Unlike many of our squad he has the mentality for it.

Anyone suggesting he isn't an excellent player is fecking bonkers. He's not Salah or De Bruyne level but he's still easily one of the best players in the league, even in spite of his flaws (which literally every player on the planet has their own version of)

SAFMUTD

Will be interesting to see if he's dropped for the Wolves game. The team worked better without him, so let's see how Rangnick feels about hierarchies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I prefer him to play as 9.5 than wide area or that hybrid 10 whatever you want to call it. His talent is in his end product not his dictating the tempo.

lost7

I'm hoping he watched the Burnley game and realised he doesn't have to be be the sole creator for the team to score. Sometimes keeping it simple and passing the ball to our other forwards will be more effective than his constant hollywood passes.

RUCK4444

Should play up front in this system.
Yeah I said a while back he could play as one of the forwards in like a false 9 perhaps.

Problem is we have forwards who need game time like Greenwood, but I’d try Bruno there, he also makes clever runs into the box when further up.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Just badly needs a really good performance to boost his confidence. I agree he need to keep it simpler more often. It’s not like the rest of the team are busting their backs trying to get onto his passes this year. I think there are more spaces there for him to shoot with Ronadlo but he needs to be brave and take it on. It’s always the hard pass with him or a cross to nothing. Frustrating. I’d imagine losing Ole has hurt him too as he was Oles guy.

RooneyLegend

He needs to play in the front two and also play with someone who can hold onto the ball. Sadly for him, neither is all that available ATM and we always have to fit Ronaldo in. Him and Ronaldo are a big no no. Neither value the ball.

Andersons Dietician

I didn't say a rigid system can not score goals. Rather my point was with a more rigid system you'll be better defensively but you'll be less likely to score goals, as you should with a more freedom approach. But with a more freedom approach you'll be more likely to concede. Pro and cons, two sides of a coin. You become harder to beat, but you will score less than you should.

A prime example imo is Spain tiki taka when they won the World Cup. They were very hard to score against, but imo they scored very very little regarding all the attacking talents they got at their disposal. They won the tournament with a serie of 1-0 and they scored very few goals even against some very weak opponent if my memory serves me right.

A rigid system surely can score a lot of goals. It helps your team to be organized with clear patterns of play. But as it's also more predictable, and it takes less risk so in order to score generally you must execute your attacking movements really well, fast and precise so your opponent can't stop it even if they can predict it. In short, imo generally you'd need your players to be vastly superior than the ones you face in order to score a lot of goals with a very rigid system.

Once the gap is not that big imo you can't score that much. That prime Barca was a couple of levels above the rest so we should leave them out here imo. Let's talk about the current City. They're vastly superior against the smaller teams. But against the other top teams you can see they tend to score much less. Imo it's becaus the gap is not that big any more.

About Bruno, I didn't watch him back then at Sporting but a quick google at his time there:

First he was playing mainly as a CAM for Sporting. Second looking at the numbers you'd see his best GA rate was at CAM/SS, by a considerable distance against at CM.
I still don’t agree. If anything Bruno needs structure in his performances and I’m 100% positive if he does that he and the team will improve massively. All teams want to play with an intensity that makes it impossible to stop what they are doing. LVG for example constantly went on about our tempo and how he wanted them to perform the patterns quicker and with more intensity. If we had we’d probably have opened up teams more.

So he played 16 times as a 2nd striker and the rest of the time deeper in a 3. Which is where many feel like he’d be a better fit as he isn’t a great number 10. feel like he’d be a much better 8 like he was for sporting coming from deeper and operating in deeper positions.

Seij

He's played more games this year than literally anybody else in the big 5 European leagues. He's been overplayed, burnt out, and poorly coached by the previous regime.

I would like to see him dropped to the bench to give him a breather and also remind him that no one is a guaranteed starter.

the chameleon

He needs to realise why we signed him and what initially made him a success. Being a midfielder. He's had too much freedom at United now that thinks he's some false 9. When he signed for us we though we were getting central midfielder who scores and assists (he did this in abundance). But he's recently developed bad habits. He's not a forward or a false 9 and needs to accept this. Rangnick needs to put this in his head. Otherwise as controversial as this sounds - move him on. I grew up on players who were proud of just wearing that shirt. I like Bruno but he needs to show that spirit from his early days with us.

buckooo1978

he should be the heartbeat of this team and I think he will. A refresh will do him good.

Marquee Moon

He was a great signing for Solksjaer because without him Solksjaer wouldn't have lasted half as long as he did. I think he was right at home pulling the strings in attack with Martial, Greenwood and Rashford for company. But then came Cavani which shifted the balance of power slightly, and the icing on the cake was Ronaldo. Then Bruno needed to adapt to a deeper auxiliary kind of role, and by signing the two veteran superstars Solksjaer managed to sabotage his own good work.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Disappointed to see him dropped, if we are to salvage anything this season we need to find a way to have a functioning Bruno in the team!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He deserved to be dropped, good that Rangnick is not afraid to make big decisions.

lost7

Calling it now, he's gonna come in during the second half and change the game.

Good decision to bench him in my opinion, he's been off colour for too long and his best performance this season actually came from the bench (had a worldie against Villareal)

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Hopefully dropping Bruno shows he isn't scared of dropping other big names in our team sheet.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Big call from Ralf, I like it. Feels like he needs a reset and him not starting may kick him into gear again.

Good decision to bench him in my opinion, he's been off colour for too long and his best performance this season actually came from the bench (had a worldie against Villareal)
Same.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Agree with the first part. On the second, I think he doesn't start because he needs the rest. His form has been suffering but I don't think that's the reason he's not starting. There are many opportunities to play and squad rotation helps keep key players fresh.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Thank god, he's clearly exhausted and it's been affecting his playing ability - been calling for him to be dropped since September/Oct and honestly since the end of last season.
Hopefully he's rested for the FA Cup match too, and Donny brought in.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Half 10 system doesn't suit him as much. He's a great player so he will adapt given time unlike the Don. I like that RR is setting the bar high.

Swedish_Plumber

I am very pleased that we seem to have someone capable of seeing a player is out of form and taking the necessary action.

It’ll light a fire in some players (I suspect Bruno, hopefully Rashford) whilst exposing others who aren’t up for the fight.

Idxomer

I don't think fatigue has anything to do with it, he just hasn't been good.

He and Ronaldo also can't really play together most of the time, there's a reason why the exact same thing happens with them in Portugal.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Yeah I said a while back he could play as one of the forwards in like a false 9 perhaps.

Problem is we have forwards who need game time like Greenwood, but I’d try Bruno there, he also makes clever runs into the box when further up.
He would be a revelation as a false 9. Good call to drop him today though, for more rest and a reminder he isn't the king of o.t, just a cog in the machine.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
All the fans that wanted him benched saw what we are like with and without him :houllier:

MattofManchester

His confidence is on the floor atm. And it's not picking up.

A confident Bruno smashes that free kick and the chance he had in the back of the net.

Since that penalty miss, he's been an absolute shambles.

Shows how important he is to us though.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Not really creating anything to be fair but had a chance to score due to being in good position in the box which shows that he will be much better if we use him in that two forwards role because he will be in the box more often and produce goals which something he is very good at. Feels like he's actually a better option to start in that role than Cavani since Bruno is better for 9.5 role than Cavani. A good example, Cavani had a chance to pass to Greenwood who was free and in much better position to score but he chose to shoot. If it was Bruno, he would be able to find Greenwood and pass it to Greenwood.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
All the fans that wanted him benched saw what we are like with and without him :houllier:
We saw that against Villarreal too though, and Burnley. The balance in the team is never right with Bruno up top, or Bruno playing behind three or even four goal-minded forwards. I had no doubt that we would have more bite when Bruno came on, but we didn’t lose because Bruno didn’t start.

If anything, it was shades of the Villa 0-1 game this season. Bruno missing the best chance of the match by failing to even hit the target, and then we concede late on to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.