Foot: Right
Player agent: MRP.POSITIONUMBER
Squad Number: #18
Contract expires: Jun 30, 2025
Contract Option: Player Optional 1 Year
Outfitter: Nike

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Would love a Bruno pen in the first game, just to rile up opposition fans.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I couldn’t love this guy any more than I do. Every summer it seems like he heads back to Portugal and hangs out with his and his wife’s families and takes it easy for a week or two (while still minding himself) and then straight back to training and getting psyched. He’s crazy about the game. It’s 100% obvious. Such a great dude, a total leader. Himself and maguire have been such a massive upgrade for us

He’ll definitely be a manager or a coach after he finishes up.

Last edited:

Martial

He is everything we expected Pogba to be, and more. We are lucky to have him after what we have witnessed the last 8 years,

He deserves a world-class midfielder who isn't a defensive liability to play alongside him.

Tony247

Cutting short his holiday even aftrer Euro involvement! Top professional. Proud of him.

Womp

idiot
Not a single assist yet this season, maybe the people saying this was all a purple patch and that his level would return to normal were right after all

Danville vanheerden

The best signing since Rooney and Ronaldo for me. Looks like a proper family guy and his desire to just win infuriates people. He'll just get better and better. I'm betting his goal contribution this year will at least be 30 G/A.

Tielemens would also be the best suitor to make him even excel more.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
some would argue he needs the break
To be fair, he’s hardly ‘cut short his holiday’ nor is he ‘back in training’. He’s basically having a kick about with mates while on holiday, which is probably fairly normal. Any break he needed was likely mental as much as physical, so good for him to just not be on go really.

lost7

So excited to see Bruno after the break, I reckon he'll have his best season yet this year. For the last couple of months of the previous season we were seeing a shadow of the player due to how much he was overplayed

Glorio

So excited to see Bruno after the break, I reckon he'll have his best season yet this year. For the last couple of months of the previous season we were seeing a shadow of the player due to how much he was overplayed
The annoying thing was he and Ole kept insisting it was not the case, as though it wasn't as clear as day to most fans at least.

Great that he's gotten a good rest now. Looking forward to him ripping up the place with more quality around him.

I hope to see us utilise the squad better this term and resist the temptation to burn out the top performers

Bestietom

I hope he doesn't have to play as many games this season as he was exhausted the last dozen games or so as you can see from his stats. I think he scored 3 goals in his last 13 games and 2 of those were penalties. His assists dried up a lot also.
Maybe Sancho or even Amad could fit in there some games so as to rest him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The annoying thing was he and Ole kept insisting it was not the case, as though it wasn't as clear as day to most fans at least.

Great that he's gotten a good rest now. Looking forward to him ripping up the place with more quality around him.

I hope to see us utilise the squad better this term and resist the temptation to burn out the top performers
Then considering the quality of those sources, probably safe to assume that it wasn’t.

Probably mentally fatigued more than anything else. You need to look at a different picture sometimes.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Looking forward to seeing Bruno play with Sancho and with a team with an excellent back four. I feel we will really see him refine his game this season and become more consistent. Picking his moments to play the killer ball better. With Sancho and hopefully Pogba in the team also he won’t need to try to be the man all the time. Sancho has an unbelievable eye for a pass and incredible technique. Bruno now has someone high up the pitch to share the burden. I fancy him to score more goals from open play this season. We might get less penalties who knows.

Glorio

Then considering the quality of those sources, probably safe to assume that it wasn’t.

Probably mentally fatigued more than anything else. You need to look at a different picture sometimes.
Physical or mental fatigue is still fatigue, no? Both result in a deterioration in performances.

Also people are not machines, player red zones exist for a reason, and for a player as active as Bruno on the pitch, with the punishing season and a half we were in, it makes sense that he was probably suffering from both physical and mental exhaustion. The physical element is simple human physiology.

Kaizane

Also looking forward to seeing how he gets on with more quality around him.

I agree it appeared he was taking on too much responsibility last year and as a result his performances dropped off - not a slight to the player, more highlighting just the type of man he is.

Could be that he takes on a slightly different role this year and his position becomes slightly more rigid than a license to roam - I think that license should be given to Sancho.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Also looking forward to seeing how he gets on with more quality around him.

I agree it appeared he was taking on too much responsibility last year and as a result his performances dropped off - not a slight to the player, more highlighting just the type of man he is.

Could be that he takes on a slightly different role this year and his position becomes slightly more rigid than a license to roam - I think that license should be given to Sancho.
Agreed, I think sometimes he tries too hard - similar to how Pogba was struggling a little with us in trying to do everything instead of concentrating on what he's good at.

Adding another player like Sancho who's creative and good in possession will help him get into the box more often.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We'll need him at his best from the very start I'm afraid, as we can't start with our strongest XI. There will be pressure on his shoulders to deliver

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I know he got a hat trick and 2 assists, but apart from that, he was shite..
Sounds like how people talk about Lukaku. Who cares about the goals of a #9 when his touch is questionable?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I know he got a hat trick and 2 assists, but apart from that, he was shite..
Well if that is actually the case….and the team didn’t win anything then it might be worth considering if lower stats and better all around contributions might be more beneficial to the team…hypothetically of course.

KennyBurner

How much rest has he got? Im afraid of a burnout this year. He and Maguire play so many minutes but Its less taxing for a defender. We have more creativity this year with sancho so Im hoping he plays in less unnecessary games to keep fresh.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
How much rest has he got? Im afraid of a burnout this year. He and Maguire play so many minutes but Its less taxing for a defender. We have more creativity this year with sancho so Im hoping he plays in less unnecessary games to keep fresh.
Barely played at the Euros at least. He'll be good for the season and given the program is more or less back to normal it shouldn't be as much of a problem.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He didn't play much at the Euros because he was poor. So let's hope he found his form in the mean time

Status
Not open for further replies.