Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
It's not that he was bad but his position really surprised me. We were getting overrun in midfield and we still allowed him to be the second striker. Ole really needs to sort his position because we don't need him where he was playing now. We have invested heavily in attack and we need some balance in midfield.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s playing too far forward (second striker/false 9). It doesn’t work & it exposes the midfield. He should drop deeper 15 yards & play more in the midfield.

lost7

He wasn't great, true, but even so he almost got an assist with a brilliant back-heel to Greenwood at the end of the first half and scored but was offside.

Apokalips

Way too far forward all the time which limits our passing options from midfield. He needs to be in those pockets of space and muck in more with the midfield especially when we are being overrun.

It was basically 424 formation at times.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Two stinkers in a row now. Needs to stop playing final-third ball every single game and every single attack and build-up a bit more

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Not good. One good pass to Greenwood, and that was about it.

Him being withdrawn slightly into midfield should at least be tried. It might actually make the Pogba midfield work.

Water Melon

He’s playing too far forward (second striker/false 9). It doesn’t work & it exposes the midfield. He should drop deeper 15 yards & play more in the midfield.
Way too far forward all the time which limits our passing options from midfield. He needs to be in those pockets of space and muck in more with the midfield especially when we are being overrun.

It was basically 424 formation at times.
These. Bruno was below par today and our manager and coaches set him in this position and did not correct it. Meh.

el3mel

He has been shit ever since I decided to make captain in my fantasy team. I feel like I cursed him. It's my problem, sorry.

MattofManchester

I find it hard to blame him. He was largely anonymous, but we offered nothing going forward through midfield AND out wide.

Disappointing himself, but we weren't able to get any of our front players involved for most of the game.

Silas

I find it hard to blame him. He was largely anonymous, but we offered nothing going forward through midfield AND out wide.

Disappointing himself, but we weren't able to get any of our front players involved for most of the game.
Well he needs to join the midfield. Not sure if it's Ole's instruction or not, but it makes it so much harder for our midfield when the opposition CMs don't have to worry about marking him because he's already tucked in between their CBs for some reason.

Tony247

Played at wrong position. Should be playing deeper, track back, control the attack. Played as false 9 most of the game. That is on Ole. But that aside he still had a very bad game.

The United

Very good at running behind the line though. I think it is what the coaches have been thinking.

Saying all of it, he could have done a lot better with some of the balls he got around and in the box.

He'sRaldo

He tries to run in behind too often, and actively avoids receiving the ball on the turn in pockets of space. Left us unbalanced in midfield, so much so that Greenwood had to drop back at times and fill his position.

Reminds me of how he played for Portugal. He really should be part of an attacking 3.

Tony247

Well he needs to join the midfield. Not sure if it's Ole's instruction or not, but it makes it so much harder for our midfield when the opposition CMs don't have to worry about marking him because he's already tucked in between their CBs for some reason.
It worked against a side like Leeds but it will never work in each game. Besides, the team needs him to control the game from deeper position, like Lampard. Make runs sometimes to score but stay in the middle to give a good shape to the team. Whoever decided need to have a tight slap on back of his head.

Jacob

Seems to think he is a striker. Not enough involvement in build-up.

KennyBurner

He is killing us. Now that we wont have penalties due to knew officiating rules we are going to more scrutiny of his bad games.

I dont know why he plays so high. Its like he wants to keep statpadding at the expense of the team.

el3mel

Performance aside, anyone feeling that he won't link up that well with Ronaldo ? I feel like with Ronaldo up top the dynamics of the team will change completely and almost all our play style will be focused on feeding him with balls. Bruno won't be the main man in the attack anymore. How will this look like on the pitch ?

Andersons Dietician

I kinda feel like he could have been worse than Fred today. I just can’t understand how he, Ole and the coaching staff can’t recognise that he needs to play deeper. Or even if he isn’t, when Fred and Pogba move occupying a screen or press that space opens up for him to drop in and get on the ball. At times he’s like a statue just watching this happen.

He is great at running in to space behind but feels like him doing that prevents others from doing it and making them change positions. Greenwood spent more time on the wings than being central it felt because Bruno was always there.

Really annoys me sometimes how poor his game play is. Just wish Ole fixes it and Bruno understands and starts to do these simple things as I’m sure it’ll improve us massively.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
His positioning is really damaging to our build up play. He's not particularly great on the half turn, so don't know whether he avoids taking up positions in between the opposition defence and midfield in the build up phase, as he thinks he'll lose it. He is very good at running in behind, so maybe he wants to play to his strengths, but it hinders the team in games like today. I don't believe it's a tactical instruction as quite frankly our attacking play seems to be based on players attacking on instict rather than anything pre-planned.

UnitedRepublic

He’s supposed to be the one to make it happen if not Pogba can do it he’s the CAM/Free role player he can do whatever he wants to be honest. I get it if the ball doesn’t get played out from the back line but if the midfielders and wingers get the ball he should make himself available espacially if we have a striker that stays up.

Bruno is an amazing player but when he’s not scoring or assisting not so much of a great player then it becomes a problem because retaining the ball is not one of the strong parts of his game.

KennyBurner

Look at our attacking midfielder during our buildup. It must be a sickness. Wont offer himself for a fecking pass. This has been the case since last season and Ole still wont make any adjustments. Roy keane should be calling this out instead of chatting shite about Fred and Pogba.

Andersons Dietician

Look at our attacking midfielder during our buildup. It must be a sickness.
This is what annoyed me so much. It’s shockingly bad. In one of those bits of play he or any of them could have dropped 5 yards and gotten the ball with no one around then and an easier pass on than what ended up happening. It’s not just this game either it’s pretty much every game.

It left Pogba and Fred with so much to do and no hope. It needs to change quickly if we have any thoughts on winning a trophy.

KennyBurner

This is what annoyed me so much. It’s shockingly bad. In one of those bits of play he or any of them could have dropped 5 yards and gotten the ball with no one around then and an easier pass on than what ended up happening. It’s not just this game either it’s pretty much every game.

It left Pogba and Fred with so much to do and no hope. It needs to change quickly if we have any thoughts on winning a trophy.
This has been a problem since last season so we already know nothing is going to be done about it. No matter who we sign we will always be stuck with Ole and his group of coaches who cant identify problems and provide solutions. Its so depressing that we think pogba crossing the ball to our short and lightweight strikers will provide any positive result. Bruno is so paperweight that the moment he connects with the ball he gets dispossessed off it.

He'sRaldo

Look at our attacking midfielder during our buildup. It must be a sickness. Wont offer himself for a fecking pass. This has been the case since last season and Ole still wont make any adjustments. Roy keane should be calling this out instead of chatting shite about Fred and Pogba.
That's brutal.

OmarUnited4ever

It definitely instructions from the coaches, to be on the shoulder of defenders and make runs, and it doesn't help us control the game at all.

Regardless of the above, he still had a stinker.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Exactly this. Bruno has been like this for sometime.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Yeah I think Pogba and Fred weren't great in first half but they were outnumbered in midfield. Bruno needs to stop doing that or we should play with one less attacker and play him as false 9. This formation is a suicide

laughtersassassin

Needs to drop and help out the midfield when we have no control imo.

Probably should of scored Masons cut back too.

OmarUnited4ever

Performance aside, anyone feeling that he won't link up that well with Ronaldo ? I feel like with Ronaldo up top the dynamics of the team will change completely and almost all our play style will be focused on feeding him with balls. Bruno won't be the main man in the attack anymore. How will this look like on the pitch ?
I don't think you are wrong, Ronaldo will definitely occupy the same areas, and the other forwards will need to develop some sort of understanding who moves where, and Bruno will need to play a bit deeper than second striker and try to make late runs when an opportunity arises.

The way he played today means he will crowd out Ronaldo

Sanchez7

He is being given too much leeway tactically because of the impact he has made since he came in. He is a brilliant player but Ole has to recognise the fact that he is essentially playing as second striker leaving our attack too far up the pitch and adjust it.

Silas

Horrible. Been an obvious issue for ages too.

Status
Not open for further replies.