Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was class before the red. Collectively everyone shat themselves after and he just started lumping it.

His first half was a thing of beauty. Obviously the assist for the goal, but before that he played a brilliant defence splitting ball to Sancho who miscontrolled...and just generally throughout the half his passing and flicks were all really on point.

Second half was the worst possible situation for a player like Bruno, and it showed.

The United

His first half was a thing of beauty. Obviously the assist for the goal, but before that he played a brilliant defence splitting ball to Sancho who miscontrolled...and just generally throughout the half his passing and flicks were all really on point.

Second half was the worst possible situation for a player like Bruno, and it showed.
It is not though. As I said his high risk long balls would give us some chances.

Turned out, he got subbed and no one could pass further than 10 yards anymore. Not even to own players.

Sylar

Surprised he was subbed off especially with Ronaldo. One of the two had to stay on

I don't think Bruno has been better than Pogba this season.

But, taking him off instead of Pogba in that situation was pretty weird when we needed some wild risky pass from the back once in awhile.

Not to mentioned he will be everywhere to close out spaces.
And pogba has never been good when weve gone down to ten men.

el3mel

He was literally defending in front of our own goal the whole second half. I really can't blame him. Great assist.

MasterCode

I'm going to say something most are going to criticise me for.

Bruno doesn't help when we need to control a game, he isnt that guy for complete domination in midfield. With all the firepower in our weapons room upfront. I would love for midfield to absoloute dominate midfield with Passing and spatial awareness just once. Keep the ball in oppositions half for much of the game.

For all those who say we rely on individual brilliance, and don't have a system. We seemed lost at sea the moment we lost a man.

Eg. Real Madrid's, Old school Casemiro, Kroos and Modric control that team a man down. I've even seen Jose's Madrid a man down and run a game. I'm going off on a tangent here.

But the crux of what I'm saying is our Midfield don't really dominate even 11 men up. I do believe Bruno is a big part of that, he doesn't really look after it in general play. Not blaming him AT ALL for the loss, not his fault. But this highlighted a real problem in our squad away from the usual complaints on this thread.

Admittedly his midfield collaborators is a Fred and not a Casemiro, but he had a very good Argentinian DM at sporting his name escapes me now. Bruno wasn't really good at keeping it ticking in that team either. While we can fight to buy the entire best 11 in the world like City, I want Bruno and Pogba to start running games.

Still Ole in BTW.

Andersons Dietician

It is not though. As I said his high risk long balls would give us some chances.

Turned out, he got subbed and no one could pass further than 10 yards anymore. Not even to own players.
Don’t agree I’m afraid. In that situation you want people that will protect the ball and look after it. That’s not Bruno. Plus Pogba can play those balls But is marginally better at protecting the ball and breaking the lines.

Its hard to say Bruno should ever really be taken off as we saw he’s capable of sublime moments even when playing trash. The pass today was sublime and the goal at the weekend. Would have been a brave decision to take him off and leave Fred, Pogba, Donny in midfield.
Really needed to take Ronaldo off earlier and stick either Greenwood or Martial up top.

Swiss_Red89

I was able to watch the game in the stadium and have to say he was totally pissed off when he and Ronaldo had to come off.

And so was I. I can't see him being happy with Ole today.

MUFCAFC

Supports
Charlton, United
Never mind. What a pass.

I have to agree about controlling the midfield though, I think the addition of a great defensive midfielder (or two...) will solve that.

I had exactly the same thought during the game, there are a lot of top teams that would have dealt with going a man down there relatively comfortably.

The United

Don’t agree I’m afraid. In that situation you want people that will protect the ball and look after it. That’s not Bruno. Plus Pogba can play those balls But is marginally better at protecting the ball and breaking the lines.

Its hard to say Bruno should ever really be taken off as we saw he’s capable of sublime moments even when playing trash. The pass today was sublime and the goal at the weekend. Would have been a brave decision to take him off and leave Fred, Pogba, Donny in midfield.
Really needed to take Ronaldo off earlier and stick either Greenwood or Martial up top.
Remember Ronaldo's penalty accident? Where did that ball come from? Protecting the ball got us pinned for almost the whole 2nd half conceding twice... and there was not a single threating balls passing thru the half way line after he was subbed.

Pogba can but he didn't. After a few mins in 2nd half, we knew that it won't happen.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Remember Ronaldo's penalty accident? Where did that ball come from? Protecting the ball got us pinned for almost the whole 2nd half conceding twice... and there was not a single threating balls passing thru the half way line after he was subbed.

Pogba can but he didn't. After a few mins in 2nd half, we knew that it won't happen.
Wow :lol: we didn’t even try to protect the ball or keep possesion. We sat in concided possesion invited them on to us-and hoped for what you wanted. We’d land a long ball over the top for 1 man to run on to.

Ronaldo looked leggy at that penalty incident but if we had been able to keep possesion and move the ball and team up closer to their goal with good football it gets people in better positions to make things happen other than just punting balls forward.

Last edited:

The United

Wow :lol: we didn’t even try to protect the ball or keep possesion. We sat in concided possesion invited them on to us-and hoped for what you wanted. We’d land a long ball over the top for 1 man to run on to.

Ronaldo looked leggy at that penalty incident but if we had been able to keep possesion and move the ball and team up closer to their goal with good football it gets people in better positions to make things happen other than just punting balls forward.
You said Pogba could? Did he do anything at all. And, he was not keeping the ball either. Taking a chance with those long balls would be our only way to get another goal at that point and it showed. You talked about moving the ball slowly. We hardly ever playe that way even with 11 vs 11. Some even maybe including yourself said we were not capable of playing that style. But, somehow you expected us to play like that in that situation?

If you had to choose to sub one out, you would still choose Bruno? That would just be :lol:.

Last edited:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

It feels like a genuine injustice that this wasn't rewarded with at least a point. But for the sending off probably would've been three.

The United

It feels like a genuine injustice that this wasn't rewarded with at least a point. But for the sending off probably would've been three.
That was a great pass. Now, people talked about something else.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

Yeah what a shame. Amazing pass. He's kinda like Rooney, a bit raw and unpolished but capable of the sublime like few others.

Yeah what a shame. Amazing pass. He's kinda like Rooney, a bit raw and unpolished but capable of the sublime like few others.
Even the way the Old Trafford crowd has taken to chanting 'Bruno, Bruno, Bruno' reminds me how we used to hear 'Rooney, Rooney, Rooney.'

Seeing him linking up with Ronaldo almost feels like 2007 all over again.

Lets hope he can be as successful as Rooney was with Ronaldo at Old Trafford.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Even the way the Old Trafford crowd has taken to chanting 'Bruno, Bruno, Bruno' reminds me how we used to hear 'Rooney, Rooney, Rooney.'

Seeing him linking up with Ronaldo almost feels like 2007 all over again.

Lets hope he can be as successful as Rooney was with Ronaldo at Old Trafford.
Absolutely.

Classical Mechanic

Saw this UFC plonker on TV before. He’s like Scouser turned up to 11. Reckons the PL player he’d most like to fight is Bruno because he’s ‘overrated and not world class’.

Tony247

Was excellent most of the game. Had few mistakes later on but his link up with Ronaldo is spot on. Alsmost MOTM for me along side Ronaldo.

Excellent for the first 60 minutes, started misplacing more and more passes as the match went on because it seemed like he was the only one on our team who wanted to win the game. Probably MOTM and should have had a few assists

MattofManchester

Good early on. We really do rely on him.
But past 60 minutes, it looked like he couldn't even run.

James35

Just read he doesn't get assist as shot comes back off keeper before being scored. Is that right, harsh if true.

Devil may care

I am liking the way he's dropping in more and getting more involved in the build up, even floating wide to good effect, much prefer him playing like this as opposed to the SS he was becoming.

Can't play with Ronaldo apparently. Despite looking like the only player we have who might be able to find Ronaldo regularly in dangerous areas.

Juansar_07

Was really good until he got tired and then started to do the forcing it thing he does. Still just keeps producing the goods
Yes, he looked a bit leggy in the last 15 mins and was trying to play the ball early rather than holding it up a bit and explore the options around him.
But he was great for the rest of the game and probably should've had a goal/assist. Pity that Ronnie's goal wasn't an assist as the delivery for it was better than any customary assist.

Godfather

He needs to get off when he's tired. No shame in it either. But he was fecking spent after the 60th minute.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Was exceptional in that first half. Faded abit as the game went on but he did enough to be on the winning team.

Stacks

All I ask of him is simple passes in the middle of the park and be adventurous in the final 3rd and we good. I accept there will be a goal contribution every game

Sylar

Was really good until he got tired and then started to do the forcing it thing he does. Still just keeps producing the goods
I know what you mean. He under hit a few crosses that he normally gets purchase on
Also that shot that lingard set him up for was a sign of tiredness too

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not his best game, gave the ball a bit too often, but still played a part in goal once again.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
That ball to Ronaldo towards the end was absolute peach of a ball. (Zouma did a last minute tackle)

Andersons Dietician

Standard Bruno, not great, not bad, but had game winning moments.

I did enjoy his more eagerness to get in midfield that was good to see and that moment when we had a break on and he was the one having to sprint was pretty funny. Should have just turned and kept the ball than that piss poor attempt of a shot.

The United

I am liking the way he's dropping in more and getting more involved in the build up, even floating wide to good effect, much prefer him playing like this as opposed to the SS he was becoming.
The heat maps for most of his games in this season shows more or less the same with his position.

The difference was that we had 2 players sitting and breaking up their play more effectively so he had more balls to receive at his feet in deeper areas.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Thought he was great today, and one man playing and trying in the second half. Tried
any through balls but not one was dangerous or lost in the middle of park, but near their box that didn't result in anything dangerous for us.

Commentator said he covered the most distance in PL in first few games, is that right?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
The heat maps for most of his games in this season shows more or less the same with his position.

The difference was that we had 2 players sitting and breaking up their play more effectively so he had more balls to receive at his feet in deeper areas.
That's the way to go with him and Ronaldo.

Should've had at least one assist today, unlucky.

I'd like it's to sub him for Pogba when he's tired, that should be the plan to make the most use out of them both.

The United

That's the way to go with him and Ronaldo.

Should've had at least one assist today, unlucky.

I'd like it's to sub him for Pogba when he's tired, that should be the plan to make the most use out of them both.
I have been a fan of 4 - 2 - 2 - 2 since the beginning of the season as you can check my posts. But, we have too many attackers to fit in. About, the bold part, I would just tell him to run less really.

But, then you will have people calling his head for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.