5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strelok

What’s odd about his missed penalty yesterday is the complete change in technique. His success has come from a slightly longer run up, the big step and pause before side footing the ball into a corner. I can only think that in the heat of the moment, the keeper’s gamesmanship and being exhausted after 90 mins play, he’s forgotten his go to technique and tried to blast it as hard as he can. All very strange.
It's a really strange game tbh. Lot of unsual things.

jem

Mixed bag really. He was lively, and influential in our quick turn of defending to attacking. However, I feel like he's playing with his instinct rather than playing with a system with discipline. So it's just both side of the same coin. When it works out well, it can be incredible. When it is not, it can be shockingly terrible.

I have more issue with penalty taking assignment though. I know he has been our penalty taker, but it's Ronaldo here ffs. Now after missing this, it feels devastating that he wouldn't have chance to fix it for a long time. It would have been better if he had passed the torch before this miss.
Ridiculous levels of hindsight. Imagine if Ronaldo took it and missed (something that has happened to him recently.) Everybody would be going on about the needless fixing of something that wasn't broken.

ti vu

Ridiculous levels of hindsight. Imagine if Ronaldo took it and missed (something that has happened to him recently.) Everybody would be going on about the needless fixing of something that wasn't broken.
Then being Ronaldo, he would take the next one and fix it.

Now what with Bruno had missed? He continues to take penalty, and you have just kept Ronaldo away from penalty?

There is a thread about penalty assignment after Ronaldo signed, long before this penalty. People already be on the case with this situation before this happened. Foresight, mate.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Then being Ronaldo, he would take the next one and fix it.

Now what with Bruno had missed? He continues to take penalty, and you have just kept Ronaldo away from penalty?

There is a thread about penalty assignment after Ronaldo signed, long before this penalty. People already be on the case with this situation before this happened. Foresight, mate.
What :lol:

Devil may care

Captains performance in spirit, took on the responsibility in attack without taking loads of pot shots, and dropped deeper to help out when Pogba vacated the midfield, also bagged an assist.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
When we were on the ropes, looking bereft of ideas and confidence, Bruno was the only one driving us forward. Captain's performance.

Don't underestimate the assist either. The finish was immaculate but the weight, flight and spin on the ball has to be perfect so that when Telles' hit foot its it doesn't spin into orbit.

Sylar

Good game, I enjoyed the one moment in the first half where he tracked back to put in a tackle on the villareal left side

OverratedOpinion

His quality outside of goalscoring is so underrated from what I read.

He plays his position almost perfectly and is one of the hardest working players around.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
We're lucky we signed him to be honest. Guy's mentality is levels. He might lose the ball trying something spectacular a lot, and he complains about fouls far too much for my liking but his drive and determination is invaluable.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I thought he was fecking shite first half, being far too impatient and trying to play everything one touch, which subsequently dropped the accuracy hugely. Much better second half, but he has a really bad habit of forcing the spectacular option, when a bit of composure would really help.

I actually think this season so far has been his strongest in the sense of all-round play (bar his God awful sub appearance against West Ham).

Seems a little more consistent over the 90 mins and just generally looks sharper than he was during the final few months of last season (despite his stats still being terrific).

Really think being dropped in the Euros and the fresh Bruno this resulted in has been a blessing for his form, and obviously the team have reaped the benefits.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
After he wasn’t good in the first half and we went behind in the 2nd half I expected another Stevie Me shooting from everywhere headless chicken performance.
What we got was actually closer to a Roy Keane performance. Was key for us and our comeback.

Marwood

Love Bruno and some really good moments tonight but it's obvious he's not a midfielder.

He's not strong enough, quick enough or tidy enough on the ball. Nor does he pass like a midfielder.

He's a No.10 all day long. If he's paying let him stay higher up, have a free role and be the difference maker.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I actually think this season so far has been his strongest in the sense of all-round play (bar his God awful sub appearance against West Ham).

Seems a little more consistent over the 90 mins and just generally looks sharper than he was during the final few months of last season (despite his stats still being terrific).

Really think being dropped in the Euros and the fresh Bruno this resulted in has been a blessing for his form, and obviously the team have reaped the benefits.
Agreed

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I have to say I like him better when he's dropping a bit deeper and a bit more patient with his play. Had some good moments but I'd rather he didn't run left to right.
Don't like him on the wing, seems like defenders know he won't beat them and is not much of a threat there.

James Peril

When we were on the ropes, looking bereft of ideas and confidence, Bruno was the only one driving us forward. Captain's performance.

Don't underestimate the assist either. The finish was immaculate but the weight, flight and spin on the ball has to be perfect so that when Telles' hit foot its it doesn't spin into orbit.
Jesus chist, it was a lofted pass that anyone of these could have made included Fred the Red with his costume-shoes on. And technically speaking, the pass is a little long and Telles has to shoot from an awkward position. This was all Telles and luckily it was that one time out of a hundred where that goes in, the other 99 we’re sitting here discussing how poor that free-kick and delivery was. It was a lofted pass, nothing else.

DarkXaero

I admire his mentality and the skill/technique that he has, but there are still many negatives to me in his game (not tonight in specific but in general) for me to overlook. I'm convinced at this point that Pogba & Bruno cannot work together on a regular basis, unless something drastically changes about their respective games. Our midfield cannot be fixed until we make a choice between Bruno and Pogba imo.

That being said, he did show great leadership tonight especially with the Telles goal, and I don't mean just the assist, but trusting Telles to do something like that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I admire his mentality and the skill/technique that he has, but there are still many negatives to me in his game (not tonight in specific but in general) for me to overlook. I'm convinced at this point that Pogba & Bruno cannot work together on a regular basis, unless something drastically changes about their respective games. Our midfield cannot be fixed until we make a choice between Bruno and Pogba imo.

That being said, he did show great leadership tonight especially with the Telles goal, and I don't mean just the assist, but trusting Telles to do something like that.
Let's be honest, we picked Bruno over Pogba long ago. Fate has kept Pogba here the past couple of years, so we are trying to jam them in together, but Bruno is the guy who will remain here if one is to go without a doubt. Pogba is class, but IMO we aren't better off with him in the team. I'd rather have Rashford or Sancho on the left, and I'd rather Bruno as the 10, and if those 2 play as the left winger or #10, then I'd rather not put Pogba as a deeper midfielder. Even if the alternative is Matic/Fred/McTominay

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
He is a forward, not a midfielder. Utd effectively play 424 with him. A fantastic player though. I would prefer to see a Ole use 3 proper midfielders and use Bruno in one of the attacking roles.

The_Midfielder

I have to say I like him better when he's dropping a bit deeper and a bit more patient with his play. Had some good moments but I'd rather he didn't run left to right.
Don't like him on the wing, seems like defenders know he won't beat them and is not much of a threat there.
But he is the most dangerous near to the goal.. so why would we have him drop back

Strelok

A captain performance, driven and never hide. He's literally everywhere yesterday. He did the workload of two imo. I don't know where to look for his distance covered but it should be a lot I guess.

Imo we desperately need a good midfielder who can run, pass and defend so Bruno could focus on what he's best at and doesn't have to run his ass off up and down every fecking match. We'll burn him out by mid season if we continue like this.

Real Name

He was absolutely everywhere, tried everything to get us going, passed, ran, played defense. Love how he gave other players instructions in the tunnel prior to 2nd half. Was a lot more secure and patient with the ball then he generally is.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
But he is the most dangerous near to the goal.. so why would we have him drop back
In games where we can move the ball quickly to final third, yes. But when we struggle to move the ball I don't like him so high up the pitch, would be more useful a bit deeper I think. Anyway, should stay central rather than move to the wings was my point.

Andersons Dietician

Wasn’t really that impressed with his use of the ball and that but…. oh captain, my captain, oh captain… He really should be captain. barking orders trying to set a tempo, getting tackles in. He just set that 2nd half attitude and it was great to see. That’s a leader of men.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Wasn’t really that impressed with his use of the ball and that but…. oh captain, my captain, oh captain… He really should be captain. barking orders trying to set a tempo, getting tackles in. He just set that 2nd half attitude and it was great to see. That’s a leader of men.
Indeed. Not his best of games, but he really is a leader out there.

Before he came he was excatly the type of leader we were lacking. Brilliant to see

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
One thing we need to avoid with him is playing balls into him when he is running onto the ball and being tracked by a defender (anything that involves using pace or strength to get out of the situation) very easy to bully off of the ball. Other than that I love the guy, his passion is so infectious.

Idxomer

It was a piece of genius from him not to put another aimless cross before Telles scored.

sugar_kane

Think last night was the first time I'd seen him play in person, owing to the old 'demic.

What a player - far from his best game and he gives the ball away too often, but the guy is a warrior. Absolutely works his arse off but is capable of producing moments of magic at any time.

I hope he goes on to win trophies with us because he has everything else we look for in a player to be a United legend.

Tony247

Fantastic never die attitude, gives everything on the pitch.

However, he needs to chill down a bit. Picking yellows for arguing with ref and worse yelling at his own teammates should stop or at least tone down a bit.

SonyaCross493

He doesn't need to apologise!

Is anyone shocked how comfortable Bruno seems at United even though we are not winning trophies? He hasn't won any major team trophies in his career (he wasn't a part of Portugal historically winning Euro 2016) and already late 20s. He hasn't really got time to waste in his prime/best years

it's nice he loves United but I hope he doesn't end up regretting wasting his prime years . And not moving to a Barca/Real Madrid/PSG/Bayern Munich. One of his best qualities is his energy and lung-busting box-to-box runs past the attackers. That's usually the first thing to go when a player enters 30 years of age.

I just wonder how long United can keep hold of him and keep him happy if we don't win trophies in the next 2/3 years. I know there's talk of him signing a new contract but if I was him I'd wait to see if the team is successful first before committing to what is probably my last big contract in my prime years. Of course I hope he stays at United but how sustainable is it if we are not successful? Bruno wants to be a winner. He is a winner in terms of his attitude but not in terms of winning trophies and medals in his career and he's 27 now (not his fault he's done more than anyone for United the past few years to change that)

Edit: I think Bruno won a few trophies with Sporting but hardly anything to write home about. And surely he wants much more especially if he's had a taste of it.

Last edited:

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
He should play a bit deeper, he's t0o up the pitch and it's messing with the balance completely. He's playing as a second striker more than a midfielder. He also needs to stop forcing the issue, sometimes he plays a pass that isn't on in the hope it bounces right or a shot that clearly isn't the right option, I love his attitude but if he adds a bit of calmness into his game, he could be even better. He has world class technique, let that shine through.

Man Utd 1:1 Everton

jem

Fred and Shaw will get a lot of blame for that goal, but that fecking corner from Bruno was diabolical.

RepardReece

Fred and Shaw will get a lot of blame for that goal, but that fecking corner from Bruno was diabolical.
Agree, our corners have been tragic lately. That counter attack should never be happening. Nonetheless, Fred had every opportunity to prevent it and Shaw needs to be aware of his surroundings.

Status
Not open for further replies.