Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nothing special from a second striker especially with the amount of pens he's taken.

What's left out from those stats is the amount of promising attacks he's ruined with a poor pass and poor decision making. He's a player who doesn't enhance the performances of his teammates.
There is a post just above your own pointing out just how many chances he created.
You also don't get 20 assists by scoring penalties. He may well mess up some attacks (show me a player who doesn't) but your post is ridiculous.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There is a post just above your own pointing out just how many chances he created.
You also don't get 20 assists by scoring penalties. He may well mess up some attacks (show me a player who doesn't) but your post is ridiculous.
Even last season he created most chances in PL and IIRC most in top 5 leagues.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
So you don't see his poor passing and poor decision making? You must be blind cause after many games you see people talked about how he was missing simple passes or how he was going for the killer ball when it wasn't there. You think it's all made up?
I see a world class player who is easily our best player. Can he have poor games or frustrating moments sure but more often than not he’s brilliant and does enough to influence the game. If you were talking about Rashford I might have a little bit more time for the opinion as he’s genuinely frustrating as hell but Bruno is far more refined and better than then.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nothing special from a second striker especially with the amount of pens he's taken.

What's left out from those stats is the amount of promising attacks he's ruined with a poor pass and poor decision making. He's a player who doesn't enhance the performances of his teammates.
This is a strange hill to die on.

MadMike

Ole is constantly under massive pressure because the team has not been achieving performance levels expected by the fans, especially given the financial outlay of the last few years.

It's still largely a disjointed team that's punching below its weight. As a result Ole is too scared to rest key players, because we barely manage with said key players in.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
we'll run him to the ground a'la Rashford, Ole's style
We don't have a cohesive tactical team. What ole goes for is to fit the most match winners he can in a team and it has worked until it hasn't. Bruno just has to be there for his individual brilliance. Same with Rashford. I think both these players can be better in a better coached team.

Teja

TBF to Ole, we didn't really have anyone else last season we could rely on as a #10. I think he tried to play Greenwood - Cavani once but it didn't really go well.

Pogba had a fairly lengthy injury layoff as well and we were still pushing the Pogba is a CM narrative for almost the entirety of last season. Something like GW 32-34 is when we started playing Pogba in that left attacking mid role.

MattofManchester

Feel like his movement is something that isn't talked about much.
He always finds space. Just about always, against any opposition.
Outside of his free role across the park, he has a Cavani-like knack of ghosting between defenders before they've even realized.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Why all the fuss when Ole rested Ronaldo then? Ideally he should be playing his best team every game as we don't have that luxury of fielding a potent second-string side.

The United

Feel like his movement is something that isn't talked about much.
He always finds space. Just about always, against any opposition.
Outside of his free role across the park, he has a Cavani-like knack of ghosting between defenders before they've even realized.
Why would we play him to his strength? We can always use him further back to 'control the midfield' because at Manchester United, playing 2 midfielders is not enough.

SonyaCross493

I think Bruno needs to start playing a bit deeper like he does for Portugal. At times he's more advanced than the number 9 (which I guess is tactical instructions from Ole and not Bruno going rogue) and when the opposition breaks we are one light in midfield which makes it easier for teams to counter-attack us because of the space left by Bruno. Leicester are experts at it. We need Bruno to be more disciplined and hold the line.

He can still score his longe-range goals at the edge of the box. But we need him in the midfield helping it out.

You have to wonder if we are not successful this season how long Bruno will stay for. He's 28 next season and I think he doesn't want to waste the best prime years of his career not winning trophies. That's why the contract talk is a bit baffling. Why would any player sign a contract currently? You'd wait to see what happens at the end of the season, if there's progress etc

Last edited:
Leicester 4:2 Man Utd

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Such a typical Bruno performance. Makes more chances than anyone, but United can never sustain pressure or build momentum when we has so little respect for just keeping the ball. I’m pulling my hair out on the edge of my seat watching him.

Don’t know what to make of him right now.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
I think he's in for a bit of a rude awakening if we get a manager who actually tries to implement some kind or system. He's perfect for our moments FC brand of football, but is so ridiculously wasteful and plays far too high up the pitch. I can't imagine him playing in a team that looks to keep the ball.

RedRoach

Our most creative player and delivered some really nice passes, at the same time is also really wasteful and mishit loads of passes and gave the ball away a lot. Don't think he is our main problem though.

Manny

Grammar Police
He needs to stop pretending to be a number 9 and start helping in midfield.

Bobski

He needs to stop pretending to be a number 9 and start helping in midfield.
He ran from behind Ronaldo to press the CB's on numerous occasions today, which when the ball moved was making us even easier to get at. Maybe just play Bruno as a false 9 with Greenwood and Rashford, and stiffen the midfield.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think he's in for a bit of a rude awakening if we get a manager who actually tries to implement some kind or system. He's perfect for our moments FC brand of football, but is so ridiculously wasteful and plays far too high up the pitch. I can't imagine him playing in a team that looks to keep the ball.
he could be even better. he’s just as productive at sporting where they played 433, he plays fine for portugal too.

maybe with some guidance he’d get even more space on the pitch

chiz2kul

He's had quite the run of terrible games. Wonder why he doesn't receive as much criticism as his performances deserve.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
He's been an utter embarrassment lately. Coincidently Ole's job is now on the line.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's giving feck all at the moment. Constantly finds himself out of position, puts no pressure on defenders and misplaces passes when he has no business losing the ball. May be the accumulation of minutes and burden of responsibility have taken a toll on him. I'd drop him a few games. If neither Donny nor Lingard can get a look in now, I don't think its fair to them. We can carry Ronaldo or we can carry Bruno but we cannot carry both.

Art

Art the artist
How the feck does he constantly complete games ? It’s so obvious he was having an off day but jadon gets hooked off at 65mins like clockwork.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Dropping him should be a consideration if we want to balance the side and be more compact (and keep Ronaldo in the starting XI).

Seij

Why is that many of our new signings start brightly and and then slowly lose their form the longer they've been with our coaching staff?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He's out of form - which shouldn't be a problem for us at all. We have Pogba and Sancho as perfect, ready-made replacements. Either from the start of from the bench.

Instead, he has to play every minute, and we have to shoe-horn Pogba somewhere.

It's so predictable.

SER19

Surprised to see criticism here. We're like a one man team at the minute with Fernandes head and shoulders above the others

FerociousCorgis

Surprised to see criticism here. We're like a one man team at the minute with Fernandes head and shoulders above the others
Hard disagree. He reminds me a bit of a better mkhitarian or however he spelled it. Would have a shit game overall but somehow would get a goal/assist to make his stats look better. He can play a great ball but he clearly is not playing the right overall role for the team. Just hard to put a finger directly on it. Overall needs to contribute a bit more deeper in midfield and do the simpler things better

SER19

Hard disagree. He reminds me a bit of a better mkhitarian or however he spelled it. Would have a shit game overall but somehow would get a goal/assist to make his stats look better. He can play a great ball but he clearly is not playing the right overall role for the team. Just hard to put a finger directly on it. Overall needs to contribute a bit more deeper in midfield and do the simpler things better
Hes not immune from criticism of course and there are areas where he could improve but i think we're absolutely blessed to have him and he'd walk into and find absurd new levels in any top functioning side with an actual style of play. Even today while poor he still looked most likely to create. A winner through and through and i feel sorry for him at the moment

Zoo

The biggest difference today is that he wasn’t pressing which is worrying and you can only conclude that he’s lost the faith in Ole.

Status
Not open for further replies.