5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

Most of those “lowlights” are good/creative ideas only narrowly failing. Really stupid tweet.
United fans for you, complain when we have players that pass side ways and complain when players create chance after chance.

Its only the deluded ones that think a creative midfielder like Bruno will have 90% passing and create these many chances.

KDB a player that everyone thinks is the best creative player has 79% pass accuracy in the PL this season, Bruno has 78%

snk123

United fans for you, complain when we have players that pass side ways and complain when players create chance after chance.

Its only the deluded ones that think a creative midfielder like Bruno will have 90% passing and create these many chances.

KDB a player that everyone thinks is the best creative player has 79% pass accuracy in the PL this season, Bruno has 78%
Oh feck the statsville again. The game was way too open hence you see so many "chances created" and all. Bruno had a woeful game as per his standards - painting it as something else because of "stats" is well typical of people who know nothing about football. e.g. the assist that he had for Maguire's goal was a really poor cross which the assist counter doesn't tell you.

romufc

Oh feck the statsville again. The game was way too open hence you see so many "chances created" and all. Bruno had a woeful game as per his standards - painting it as something else because of "stats" is well typical of people who know nothing about football. e.g. the assist that he had for Maguire's goal was a really poor cross which the assist counter doesn't tell you.
Ofcourse, talks the fan who wants compilations of everything bad a player does on the pitch.

So if the game was open, why didn't anyone else create that many chances?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Just to follow on from my previous post, I had a look at the heatmaps from the game last night and noticed this. This is the heatmap of Fred, McTominay and Bruno combined.

Check out that doughnut! It's like they're actively avoiding the centre circle. That is ridiculous for a home team with more possession trying to control the game. No wonder we struggle in midfield areas.
It's exactly what is aptly described in this video. Generally when we win the ball or start a move from our final third, we keep falling back into the back four as we don't have the passing options centrally. It was very apparent for the final 20 minutes of the first half yesterday.

Davie Moyes

Wow some real surreal posts I'm reading in this thread.

Sure Bruno can be erratic and was especially in the first half but tell me how many players in world football realistically could we go out and find to replace him with? How many that can play his type of killer balls so consistently? I would argue apart from scoring goals (finishing), chance creation is the next hardest part in football and here we have a genius in that aspect.

Without Bruno, even with this team/squad I would argue we would be more closer to the team we were before we signed him i.e. finishing 6th.

The criticism aimed at Bruno about lack of controlling games, tempo etc. are for me directed to the wrong player. That control element should be coming from the other midfielders i.e. Pogba, Fred and Scott but it does not. That's where the improvement in the squad is required.

I do agree with some posters about Bruno pressing on his own causes us problems but I don't think it's just him. It's because we do a half-arsed press as a team where the other team easily breaks through and then we are in real trouble as the other team counter attacks us so easily. It happens so many times in every game. I think we are still essentially a low block, counter attack team and when we try to move away from that we struggle. All this is down to the coaching for me.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Honestly can’t believe some people thought Bruno played well last night. From games I’ve been to this season at OT, I thought he was our best player and a really big influence on the team vs Leeds and Villa. However last night he was horrendous. To the point the Stretford End, who idolise him, were getting audibly frustrated with him more and more. The amount of times he disrupted good play. It got to the point of ridiculous. People around me were bemused he wasn’t brought off. It was a shocking performance in terms of the way he negatively impacted the team with poor passes and constant stopping to moan when he should’ve been defending.
I was one of them, but I was completely wrong. He showed second half that we probably needed him to get three goals in a half. I think it helped that the defensive line really pushed up and reduced the space between the back four and Bruno.

Swedish_Plumber

Probably with a better manager.
We’ve had better managers than Ole prior and got nowhere near trophies that matter to us most all the while building ageing squads.
Funny how there are fans that are willing to completely rewrite the time and brilliance Bruno has given us just because his performances have dipped. Another is saying he’s just a stat padder, as if he’s never given anything close to an actual in field performance. Absolute nonsense.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
People really abuse the use of words like "moments player".

Created chance for every 8 passes completed and for every 10 touches, maybe whole game was full of moments, which justifies this "moments player"
It depends on what the other 7 passes are. There’s more context
I'm usually one of his biggest defenders but I have to agree regarding his performance last night. You can create a few chances, get a few assists and still put in a crap performance; you can also not get any assists, create a single chance and put in a masterclass. He fell in to the former last night. I don't understand the desperation to paint yesterday's performance as a good one, he's still one of our best players, he had an off night... it happens.

However be absolutely does need to start picking his moments better and not going for the killer pass every time as these performances are starting to become a little too common. I don't care how close his pass percentage is to De Bruyne's, nor how much creative players should have licence to lose the ball - turning the ball over that often and that carelessly in midfield against any decent team is absolutely suicidal.
100%

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I was one of them, but I was completely wrong. He showed second half that we probably needed him to get three goals in a half. I think it helped that the defensive line really pushed up and reduced the space between the back four and Bruno.
I’m just rewatching the second half. He was just as bad as the first. So many wtf moments

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Sublime pass for Rashfords opener and put Ronaldo through beautifully. That's his job, unlocking defences with killer passes . He did that on a few occasions last night and if those chances had all been converted people would have been raving about him. Wtf are people expecting beyond that?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Attacking mid lost possession when trying to create chance shocker.
Just rewatching second half, he was terrible. Not about trying to create chances, just simple five yard passes time and again. First touch. He was really poor. Great player but terrible last night.

UncleBob

Not sure why some have convinced themselves that the alternative to Bruno constantly going for the assist or goal, is that we'll turn to possession football. Fine tuning his game is needed.

When we line up like we did yesterday, we need Bruno to take more responsibility and drop deeper. Fred and McTominay as centre midfielders, they drop deep to receive the ball and when they look up there's no obvious passing alternatives. Bruno almost playing as a second striker, Rashford and Greenwood as wide forwards and Ronaldo up top. It doesn't work...we need him deeper and we also need him to be a bit more conservative with his passing, read the pace of the game and understand when we need to relax and gather ourselves and when we need to release the ball quickly and go all in. Too often Bruno tried to be on the receiving end of a through ball or an attacking pass where he's up there with the oppositions defense, rather than helping out Fred and McTominay, and when he did receive the ball it was the instant attempt He was just as much a part of our problem as he was a part of our solution.

Considering the bollocking he kept getting from the coaching staff and teammates in the first half, i'd say the criticism is warranted.

I don't see why people are so negative towards a more refined Fernandes. Yesterday he was erratic as feck, there's a need to balance it out.

lost7

He needs to become better at choosing when to play a risky pass and when to slow down and make sure to retain the ball.

He's absolutely vital to our team, more than anyone else in my book, but I do believe he is part of the reason why it never feels like we're in control of a game

KennyBurner

Who can stop this guy and his erratic gungho form of passing because the manager clearly wont. How can our supposed creative outlet keep overturning possession consistently?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Just rewatching second half, he was terrible. Not about trying to create chances, just simple five yard passes time and again. First touch. He was really poor. Great player but terrible last night.
He wasn't terrible. He gave away possession few times, doesn't mean he was terrible. He created more chances than all of the team combined, that's the player he is. He creates chances, scores, assists.

Depends on what people want anyways, few look at misplaced passes to form their opinion, others see what be brings to the team to form their opinion.

roonster09

Scout

Who can stop this guy and his erratic gungho form of passing because the manager clearly wont. How can our supposed creative outlet keep overturning possession consistently?
Creates chance for Ronaldo (easy one too) and the title is "Shit bouncy pass" :lol:

And the guy's timeline :lol:

KennyBurner

He wasn't terrible. He gave away possession few times, doesn't mean he was terrible. He created more chances than all of the team combined, that's the player he is. He creates chances, scores, assists.

Depends on what people want anyways, few look at misplaced passes to form their opinion, others see what be brings to the team to form their opinion.
Yes what he brings is very good to the team but the problem is that his misplaced passing has been bottlenecking some of our other players and limited chances in games. Needs to be more careful and patient in attack.

Tony247

Not sure why some have convinced themselves that the alternative to Bruno constantly going for the assist or goal, is that we'll turn to possession football. Fine tuning his game is needed.

When we line up like we did yesterday, we need Bruno to take more responsibility and drop deeper. Fred and McTominay as centre midfielders, they drop deep to receive the ball and when they look up there's no obvious passing alternatives. Bruno almost playing as a second striker, Rashford and Greenwood as wide forwards and Ronaldo up top. It doesn't work...we need him deeper and we also need him to be a bit more conservative with his passing, read the pace of the game and understand when we need to relax and gather ourselves and when we need to release the ball quickly and go all in. Too often Bruno tried to be on the receiving end of a through ball or an attacking pass where he's up there with the oppositions defense, rather than helping out Fred and McTominay, and when he did receive the ball it was the instant attempt He was just as much a part of our problem as he was a part of our solution.

Considering the bollocking he kept getting from the coaching staff and teammates in the first half, i'd say the criticism is warranted.

I don't see why people are so negative towards a more refined Fernandes. Yesterday he was erratic as feck, there's a need to balance it out.
Bruno is not a problem or if anyone inists he is least of united problems.

The huge problem is McT and Fred playing double pivot. Both of them cannot send through balls, both don't have field vision, both don't have exquisite ball control, both can't read the game and adjust their position. That is exactly opposite of how a double pivot should work. Double piviot has CM who can carry the ball forward and when one carries it the other guard the rear. Here at united 2 positions, meaning if you take out defenders and GK then 1/3rd of the team is not competent enough to take the ball from defensive position and bring it to the attacking midfielders.

The very notion that bruno should drop deeper than his no. 10 position to connect between two DMs ( not one but both DMs) and forwards is an unfortunate solution. I too think until we get a commanding CDM bruno should act as deep lying playmaker.

Bruno is risk taker and will remain so. There are rich dividends for his game at the cost of possession. But solution is not to make your best player to change the game that made him one of best AM in the world. Solution is to train players to press so that lost possession can be regained, solution is to have ballers around him who can also contribute in attack rather than relying on him. Solution is to employ competent CDM who can connect from the back.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Really good player, he shines even in a poor setup. Imagine him in a team with proper midfield protection and defensive stability

KennyBurner

Creates chance for Ronaldo (easy one too) and the title is "Shit bouncy pass" :lol:
You cant deny the problems in this video no matter how much you try. You love to see the positive side in things Ive noticed but that cant run considering we are in a serious rot right now. He needs to reign it in and stop losing possession easily which puts us back under pressure.

roonster09

Scout
Yes what he brings is very good to the team but the problem is that his misplaced passing has been bottlenecking some of our other players and limited chances in games. Needs to be more careful and patient in attack.
Which players? The players for whom he created so many great chances and they failed to score? Or the players who makes the run and he tries to find them all the time which is something attackers always appreciates?

If we are very good drilled team, playing as a unit then I would agree. But we don't. We rely on quick forward passing and that's what Bruno is good at.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He needs to become better at choosing when to play a risky pass and when to slow down and make sure to retain the ball.

He's absolutely vital to our team, more than anyone else in my book, but I do believe he is part of the reason why it never feels like we're in control of a game
Oles post match comments alluded to this

Caesar2290

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Bruno is the only reason Ole still has a job. He is the main reason we finished Top4 for the last 2 years. If something were to rule him out for the season Ole will get sacked. Simple as

roonster09

Scout
You cant deny the problems in this video no matter how much you try. You love to see the positive side in things Ive noticed but that cant run considering we are in a serious rot right now. He needs to reign it in and stop losing possession easily which puts us back under pressure.
You can create this video for any player. KdB averages pass completion in the 78-80% range, make a complication for 20% of the passes he didn't complete and it's looks as bad. Not just KdB, for any player if you just want to compile a video of bad moments it looks equally shit.

And the guy who did it is a usual twitter twat who "Hates" player (his own words). Maybe he should make a video for the player he likes with misplaced passes, just to see how beautiful it looks.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

You can do that without purely focussing on assists

roonster09

Scout
You can do that without purely focussing on assists
Goals, assists, chances created. Not just assists. You can also go with quality of those chances too with expected assists.

On top of that, he works hard for the team. Yeah lets focus on misplaced passes blindly going with percentages without ever breaking that down to raw numbers to see how many misplaced passes per game on an average compared to other players who don't create half as many chances as Bruno.

Tony247

Goals, assists, chances created. Not just assists. You can also go with quality of those chances too with expected assists.

On top of that, he works hard for the team. Yeah lets focus on misplaced passes blindly going with percentages without ever breaking that down to raw numbers to see how many misplaced passes per game on an average compared to other players who don't create half as many chances as Bruno.
Sometimes he does go overboard with risk taking that he himself admits. But to be honest I am least bothered about it at the moment when we have a pile of monster problems staring at us.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Let’s just agree that he’s a phenomenal player and that the pass for Rashfords goal was magic.

lawliet354

Yeah sorry us lowly fans likes to see something positive in very good comeback while Bruno create so many chances that our forwards misses. Let's also breakdown full 90 minutes of game into 2 minutes video by some biased twitter account and draw conclusion from it, right?

roonster09

Scout
Sometimes he does go overboard with risk taking that he himself admits. But to be honest I am least bothered about it at the moment when we have a pile of monster problems staring at us.
Yeah he does but like you said it's not a big problem.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
If everyone was having as easy ride as him in the media bias we we would have been such a positive aura around all our players we would explode. Imagine a key player in a world class team which aims to score 2-5 goals every game having a player on set piece duties, freekicks and penalties, not providing the numbers. Yes he's a high risk players and that means he can look miserable most of the time and coming up with a moment of brilliance but you absolutely expect those from someone playing mostly as a second striker for Manchester United, playing hollywood passes 95 minutes per game.

I love him but he certainly shouldn't be untouchable and Ole should do something about it. pLaying him all games also means he will get burnt inevitably, if he's not burnt for a long time already.. Make him work harder like we managed with complacent Shaw with Telles. Sancho could be used there too with his limited time and Rash+ Greenwood in good form, and Pogba not sure why we didn't try him in an advanced central role too. It is not like for like players but can't think of a player who would be more overplayed than BF.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Yeah he does but like you said it's not a big problem.
Sorry but how come it's not a big problem? For a team who is absolutely woeful at winning the ball back, him losing the ball in 9/10 touches is really letting the team down and limit us creating more chances. Obviously it's not about the amount of them and about the quality of those the ratio doesn't seem so good to me, we should be dominating way more and create more chances, so him getting himself in a combination with some of other brilliant players could get us more chances. it's not like it has to be only him playing the final pass.

He has to learn to find the balance, otherwise he should be benched because his play is really costing us too, even though it may nto seem as the biggest problem but it's not minor either.

flameinthesun

I think the majority of sane fans will agree bruno as a 10 (which his stats back up) is a great player. What I think needs discussing is whether we should be playing with a 10 role in the team. Tbh a lot of this reminds me of Mata at Chelsea. Player of the year twice, great stats, loved by the fans but ultimately, just like 4 4 2, the no 10 role in this current era where big teams (especially in the prem) need to rack up large points totals via controlling and dominating games is redundant.

I struggle to think of any big team that plays with a 10 like bruno, maybe chelsea sometimes with mount? But even then he's more an 8. Maybe bayern sometimes with muller? And I think this is where the interesting discussion lays in could bruno and pogba play together in a traditional 3 in midfield. We know pogba can, he did at Juve and has performed in a 2 and 3 for France. Bruno never really plays in midfield, don't think portugal trust him in midfield either so jury would be out.

But I guess it also depends on your philosophy, would united fans prefer to potentially control games more but dial down the excitement a bit or continue as is with these basketball games which we struggle to control.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

And the guy's timeline :lol:
The ball over the top he plays where it took a very good interception to stop being used against him as well. :lol:

Glorio

He dropped deeper in the second half and we were better for it. May inversely affect his numbers (especially goals), but it makes us a better team considering he's actually a very hard worker.

I love Bruno, but as some have said, the next step for him IMO would be to get closer to the midfield and also to know when to try and keep the ball vs when to try and force an opening.

I love the fact that once he receives the ball, Rashford and Ronaldo are on their bikes. He opened up Atlanta a good few times yesterday - I reckon if you asked our strikers what they thought of him, they'd tell you they love him to bits

roonster09

Scout
Sorry but how come it's not a big problem? For a team who is absolutely woeful at winning the ball back, him losing the ball in 9/10 touches is really letting the team down and limit us creating more chances. Obviously it's not about the amount of them and about the quality of those the ratio doesn't seem so good to me, we should be dominating way more and create more chances, so him getting himself in a combination with some of other brilliant players could get us more chances. it's not like it has to be only him playing the final pass.

He has to learn to find the balance, otherwise he should be benched because his play is really costing us too, even though it may nto seem as the biggest problem but it's not minor either.
Yeah, without Bruno we move as a team and play as a unit, creating shit loads of chances isn't it?

We should be dominating the play but that doesn't depend on who the attacking mid is. It depends on who the coach is and how the set up is. Do you think we will dominate the game under the manager who says passing sideways is tippy tappy nonsense and wants his team to look for quick forward passes?

He losses the ball 9/10 times? Or once in every 9 to 10 touches?

roonster09

Scout
The ball over the top he plays where it took a very good interception to stop being used against him as well. :lol:
That guy is a usual twitter twat, his whole timeline is moaning about Bruno, about sites that rates Bruno, about twitter accounts that posts anything positive about Bruno.

Status
Not open for further replies.