5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeanoMagicHat

Had a look and he has 20 goals and 18 assists in the last 12 months. Terrible.
We should be built around Bruno, weird kind of revisionist angle to him since Ronaldo arrived, trying to show that he's been playing terrible for a year. He's by far our best player when the system is right since he's arrived at the club.

Pickle85

We should be built around Bruno, weird kind of revisionist angle to him since Ronaldo arrived, trying to show that he's been playing terrible for a year. He's by far our best player when the system is right since he's arrived at the club.
I think the truth is somewhere between the two perspectives. He's extremely frustrating at times and gives the ball away WAY too cheaply and unnecessarily. Sometimes goes for the killer pass when something simpler would be smarter. That said, he can be a game changer and is definitely one of our best.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Have a look through his performance threads January last year through to the end of last season. Re watch his performances.

To be fair I start to wonder whether most fans just go off positive/negative regard. The minute some players start to play well…..they’ve been great always and the minute others have a bad game the last six months can disappear.

Bruno has been awful the past twelve months, he’s had some good games and a couple of great games but generally he’s been terrible and looks to be getting back to form now thankfully. A couple of good games and some stats with no context won’t change the reality but the regard he is held in certainly will.

KeanoMagicHat

Bruno has been awful the past twelve months, he’s had some good games and a couple of great games but generally he’s been terrible and looks to be getting back to form now thankfully. A couple of good games and some stats with no context won’t change the reality but the regard he is held in certainly will.
Fair enough, awful seems harsh, below the standard of his barn-storming start perhaps, it's true the end of last season the balanced of the team started to weight more to Pogba and Cavani in the second half of the season if I remember.

united for life

I can’t find anywhere where I said that? You think he’s played well the last twelve months?
i felt your statement implied that. Might be wrong. Well, around 20 goals and 20 assists in the last year. Numbers don’t lie. Creates the most chances this season so far. At time, I felt he is the only player looking forward and not sideways. Some aspects of his game need to improve, he loses the ball a lot lately, but this doesn’t take away the fact that he is probably our best player. He can perform better? Surely, with the whole team doing so. A short answer, yes he played well in general

Litch

Back to his best against Brentford, let’s hope it continues

Strelok

Have a look through his performance threads January last year through to the end of last season. Re watch his performances.

To be fair I start to wonder whether most fans just go off positive/negative regard. The minute some players start to play well…..they’ve been great always and the minute others have a bad game the last six months can disappear.

Just asking you're a big Pogba fan right? If my memory serves me right you're one of his most ferocious fans in the Pogba performance thread last year.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
i felt your statement implied that. Might be wrong. Well, around 20 goals and 20 assists in the last year. Numbers don’t lie. Creates the most chances this season so far. At time, I felt he is the only player looking forward and not sideways. Some aspects of his game need to improve, he loses the ball a lot lately, but this doesn’t take away the fact that he is probably our best player. He can perform better? Surely, with the whole team doing so. A short answer, yes he played well in general
I think he created the most chances last season too. We know he can give away the ball cheaply but that's just part of his game and if he ever changes from being a player that takes the risky passes then he won't be anywhere near as effective. What Ralf and the coaching staff need to do is make sure he limits the cheap giveaways which I feel like is happening now he's moved into a deeper role. You just have to accept there's going to be frustrating moments at times but we all know he is more than capable of providing magic moments.

Man Utd 1:0 West Ham

lost7

He put that beautiful cross in that first half for Ronaldo. Also created a chance for Greenwood that Mason wasted by going on his left.

Other than that, poor. His shooting is so shyte

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
His shooting boot was off by a mile. But he gave our midfield much more control with his withdrawn and more discipline passing role. So it's all up to what the manager wants then.

His workrate matched Fred and McTom, which is incredible for a flair player. My MotM.

united for life

He put that beautiful cross in that first half for Ronaldo. Also created a chance for Greenwood that Mason wasted by going on his left.

Other than that, poor. His shooting is so shyte
poor? He was the running is legs off in midfield to create play. He was everywhere trying to compensate for what fred and mctominay can’t offer. He is my man of the match

lawliet354

Usual Bruno game, creating most chances while missing easy passes because he rushes things.

A bit better in terms of pass accuracy today but in exchange, his shootings are horrible today

Devil may care

He was lively and created a couple of decent chances, his passing is so erratic though, it's either sublime or dreadful, there's no in-between.

mu4c_20le

Think he got tired later on because he was end to end for most of the game. Supposed to be our 10 but often found him defending at DM, behind McFred, picking up the ball and dictating the game.

Oranges038

More controlled again, still kicked away a few too many easy passes or tried passes that just weren't on.

In time, I think we'll see him adapt to this more controlled central role and become even better at just knitting the play together in there and moving the ball around to create better passing opportunities for making chances.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Still out best creative player. Lot of good moments but some careless moments as well. I like this role of him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Box-to-box Bruno today. Was absolutely and utterly everywhere. I'll even forgive his awful shooting today...

...although had Marcus not scored I might not feel so forgiving.

Abraxas

I prefer this role. I think his numbers will inevitably drop but the fact he is given more positional responsibility seems to get it through his head that just because he's been productive for us it doesn't mean he can stop working.

He has little choice but to get back in this role otherwise he'll get a bollocking, but he'll inevitably get forward and find pockets because that's what he is as a footballer. You could actually see Fred breaking forward and Bruno covering at times which was a bit odd to see but promising for his acceptance of this role.

I don't think it hinders him all that much in a 3, he can see the space ahead of him. Why do we want him stood up next to a striker doing nothing until we find him? We don't, or at least RR doesn't - that makes him a very individual threat that hasn't helped the structure of the team. Especially when he's off form.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Always looks unbalanced when he shoots these days, never really in control and rushed. I was hoping the recent goals would settle him a bit. I do like his new role though, just needs to tighten his passing and he will be a monster.

I’m hoping having Pogba back will help his game as he doesn’t have to do it all on his own.

Andersons Dietician

Was quite impressed with what he was doing yesterday. Far better team when he connects with Fred and McT. Was giving them options and if one pushed forward he would cover instead of always just pushing forward. It’s what we’ve needed from him for a while and I hope to see more of it just with better passing and end product.

His workrate or use of his energy seemed much better yesterday.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
We signed him this day 2 years ago for £46m. How time has flown...

108 games
63 goals
52 assists

I know he divides opinon at times but what a signing! I hope be manages to win something with us because he deserves it.

lost7

2 years, let's hope we start winning trophies soon. He's undoubtedly been our best signing since RVP.

Is there a comparison of his 2020 and 2021 stats, though? I reckon there's been a significant drop-off. His first year with us he was genuinely unbelievable, both in terms of performances and goals/assists

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
2 years, let's hope we start winning trophies soon. He's undoubtedly been our best signing since RVP.

Is there a comparison of his 2020 and 2021 stats, though? I reckon there's been a significant drop-off. His first year with us he was genuinely unbelievable, both in terms of performances and goals/assists
Going by FBref, not as much as you'd think. His xA remains exactly the same as last year, 0.32 per 90min. His passing stats remain roughly the same with just slight dips here and there and his npxG has only declined slightly as well, from 0.23 to 0.20. There are even a few stats that are better.

What has changed is the lack of penalties. Last season his total xG per 90min was 0.45, 0.22 of which came from penalties. Whereas this season his total xG is 0.23, 0.03 of which came from penalties.

The nature of his shooting might also have changed slightly. Last season he took a shot 3.19 times per game, hitting the target 36.4% of the time. This season he's taking 2.24 shots per game, with 29.5% on target. Though as I said, even with that his open play xG has only dipped slightly.

Possibly a key point is that while as I said his xA remains the same at 0.32, his actual assists have declined from 0.35 to 0.25. Which perhaps suggests that while he's been creating at roughly the same pace, those he's been creating for have't been taking those chances as readily.

united for life

Last season: 37 games, 18 goals, 12 assists
This season so far: 21 games, 7 goals, 5 assists

A bit of a drop in numbers in terms of goal involvement, but not a bad return for someone who’s performing below his potential really. The stability of the team - the lack if it - obviously impacted him this year especially that he has been asked to play different roles/positions this year. Penalties are mow also taken by ronaldo, so he’ll lose a couple of those this season

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Last season: 37 games, 18 goals, 12 assists
This season so far: 21 games, 7 goals, 5 assists

A bit of a drop in numbers in terms of goal involvement, but not a bad return for someone who’s performing below his potential really. The stability of the team - the lack if it - obviously impacted him this year especially that he has been asked to play different roles/positions this year. Penalties are mow also taken by ronaldo, so he’ll lose a couple of those this season
Top assister in the CL too so his overall numbers aren't that bad.

frutti di mare

Don’t know where we’d be without him or De Gea. Also love how he’s adapting to the new role. I read a comment on this site about City players being robotic and having no personality, Bruno being a personality who shows emotion, gets annoyed, stood up for Ole to share responsibility etc is exactly what makes him a “United player” he’s got that old school passion about him.

When we’re competing at the top and competing properly that extra desire/passion might be what makes the difference against equal or even technically better teams when it’s channeled in the right way. It’s how we beat Wenger’s Arsenal, Chelsea/Liverpool in mid/late 00s and reclaimed the title from City.

captaincantona

Bravo Bruno...and once he learns to look after the ball better - just a tad...and has a frontline ahead of him that are on the same page...he will go on to better numbers I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.