Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
That assist was not a moment of magic.

He was terrible and a liability playing deep. He's a false 9 or a midfielder without defensive duties.

He almost cost us the tie with giveaways in the first 30 mins.

He is a really good player but he literally looks for a killer ball EVERY TIME he gets the ball. This inflates his stats.

His big game record is poor and his best form with us happened with 0 fans chanting against.

He is a great player, just not as great as the stats say. De Bruyne, Pogba, Mount are better and I'm not sure his role suits modern tactics.

I hope to be proven wrong.

Pickle85

With Bruno playing the way he is, being enabled to play the way he is, you can kiss goodbye any serious aspiration to turn into a very good team.
His play and our goals are not compatible
Agreed. So frustrating and so wasteful with the ball

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
All important pass for the goal, could’ve been cut out, but it wasn’t. Decisive contribution and game on for the second leg. Nothing else really matters at this stage. Plenty of away games in Europe when we had a great team and were awful but scraped a result.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Terrible first half along with Pogba. Couldnt keep the ball at all.

But AM were swarming all over the two of them. The second bruno or pogba touched the ball the AM players were on top of them.

Still though you should be able to retain the ball better.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

He was terrible and a liability playing deep. He's a false 9 or a midfielder without defensive duties.

He is a really good player but he literally looks for a killer ball EVERY TIME he gets the ball. This inflates his stats.

His big game record is poor and his best form with us happened with 0 fans chanting against.

He is a great player, just not as great as the stats say. De Bruyne, Pogba, Mount are better and I'm not sure his role suits modern tactics.

Steady on. He was doing his best to make Bruno look good tonight. Which is quite an achievement.

The Substitute

No matter how poor he plays I always fancy him to bag a goal or an assist. He was exceptional against Leeds and utter crap for the most part tonight yet he STILL affected the result with that assist.
What? He was by no means our best player against Leeds. Tonight he was the single best creator for Atletico. Seriously is that acceptable for you?

And an assist which is pure luck due to a mistake by the defender, come on, where is our bar?

Greck

Agreed. So frustrating and so wasteful with the ball
It feels like Rashford's form from 2 seasons ago where quality production is hiding 3/10 performances. Playing russian roulette with the ball will catch up with us when cups are up for grabs. Tonight was like a warning sign. Don't ignore what is sustainable for long term success

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Can look so bad for so much of a game, but is always trying something and so often seems to get it right at least once a game.

James Peril

That’s why you take Pogba off and leave Bruno on.
Pogba on a bad day is useless.
Bruno will ALWAYS provide no matter what!
Except for the fact that he doesn’t and that he blanks more games than not, and when he’s not assisting or scoring he cam be downright miserable to watch. A weak pass and a defender slipping isn’t changing my view, he is far from world-class and rightly playing for a team that matches it.

kundalini

Got an assist with a decent through-ball, otherwise rubbish. Cross out of play. Kept gifting Atletico possession.

Pickle85

It feels like Rashford's form from 2 seasons ago where quality production is hiding 3/10 performances. Playing russian roulette with the ball will catch up with us when cups are up for grabs
Yep. Gives it away so cheaply and occasionally in ways that really expose us. Moments of class increasingly doing more harm than good.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Cleverley and Gibson make that pass too. Along with 95% of the league.

I like Bruno and he's been great but he needs to clear his head for big games.

Irwin99

What? He was by no means our best player against Leeds. Tonight he was the single best creator for Atletico. Seriously is that acceptable for you?

And an assist which is pure luck due to a mistake by the defender, come on, where is our bar?
Didn't say he was our best player against Leeds but he was fantastic. I'm not saying he wasn't horrendous at times tonight but he never hides from the ball and always tries to make something happen.

I'm not saying he's anywhere near as good as Cantona but Eric had that ability too to pull something out the hat even when he was fairly anonymous.

arnie_ni

I'd have been livid at my defender not cutting his assist out. Thought he under hit it.

Ash_G

I don't disagree with this personally and in particular I think the issue is compounded as we don't have the right mix of players at all.

Bruno is a wild card and if you have him I think you need players around him who are sensible and will keep him in check/calm him down. Instead we've got players who can get caught up in the over eagerness he has (with even less ability to pull it off) or have their own quirks that also make them liabilities. That's why I think the next few transfers are key. I think we need to pick a few of these players who are talented but quirky and then build around them- we can't try and fit them all in.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.

Can look so bad for so much of a game, but is always trying something and so often seems to get it right at least once a game.
That stat would have been massive in the 80s, when not many people were able watch the game, so they would only read about Bruno stats in the newspaper the next day, without watching him play.

united for life

Terrible game for him, but still manages ro contribute with an assist. He has to be rested against watford. I see no reason why mata is getting zero minutes, it’s insane

El Jefe

The bar doesn't exist anymore for some. The pages before the bump for tonight's game were embarrassing, you'd think Bruno had won us a few big trophies Cantona style rather than a couple of performances vs Leeds and Brighton.

The same happened to Rashford. It was impossible to point out how poor his performances were when he was getting goals and assists. Poor performances will eventually catch up to you and your stats can only cover them up for so long, its an unsustainable way of playing in a top side.

Longshanks

Poor tonight, trying to do everything to fast. The first half was an array of players taking to many touches not moving the ball quickly enough and bruno who was moving the ball to fast.

Need a player who can set the tempo, we seem to have to many midfielders who only play at one speed, either very fast or very slow.

dubplate warrior

Bruno is more of a problem at times than he is a solution. We struggle to retain possession and a number 6 will not alone fixed this inability to hog the ball. His decision making is shocking, detrimental to our general play and his standard spell where he plays like a second striker, which leaves huge gaps that teams are able to exploit.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
If somebody told me Bruno had just time travelled from 2004 I'd believe them.

He's an extremely strange player for the modern game, capable of everything from awfulness to brilliance in the space of 90 minutes.

Tonight was another example.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Absolutely woeful today along with Pogba. His pass for goal was also not that great and if it wasnt for AM defender mistake, it would have been easily cut off. Was lucky to stay on the pitch

the_cliff

Can't ever have control of a game when Bruno tries the hollywood pass every time. People will ignore his overall play because of his assist but let's be honest we already have 2 players that contribute to g+a and are totally rubbish in overall play, we don't need another one.

Greck

If somebody told me Bruno had just time travelled from 2004 I'd believe them.

He's an extremely strange player for the modern game, capable of everything from awfulness to brilliance in the space of 90 minutes.

Tonight was another example.
Yes, this description has been eluding me. He's like a player from the old end to end PL era where every pass was vertical (obviously not literal). Nowadays if you can't sustain possession you're getting dominated because the best sides all play some semblance of high percentage football.. I'm not confident in our ability to win anything with our current midfield.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

He’s just not levels. Do you guys really see him leading us into Champions league finals? His talent level is as good as Elano.

Marwood

Yes, this description has been eluding me. He's like a player from the old end to end PL era where every pass was vertical (obviously not literal). Nowadays if you can't sustain possession you're getting dominated because the best sides all play some semblance of high percentage football.. I'm not confident in our ability to win anything with our current midfield.
It wasn't so much his choice of pass tonight.

He wasn't even getting the simple stuff right.

Abraxas

He was diabolical, let's be honest. But that one moment where it comes off has once again given us a chance. He can have you tearing your hair out, and certainly giving the ball away constantly is a conundrum for the team, but what can we do? Without his output we are a mid table side. At some point we have to reconcile these two things. There is going to come a point where we improve as a side (hopefully), and his general play will need to improve with it.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
So so poor when playing on the half turn and therefore is never an outlet when we're being pressed. He and the rest of our midfield are utterly woeful at retaining possession under pressure.

Deery

Dreary

GTFOH.

Strelok

Cleverley and Gibson make that pass too. Along with 95% of the league.

I like Bruno and he's been great but he needs to clear his head for big games.
It was a really difficult pass mate. I'd say 95 % of the league couldn't have made that. Watch the goal again and you'd see. Elanga was no where near a good position. If Bruno played a "normal" through pass behind the line no way Elanga would make it. Most of the time other players would pass the ball wide but Bruno is Bruno.

He was so horrible last night that I wished Ralf to take him off but then the pass. What a cracking pass that was.

Imo that is what top attacking players are all about. They can be shit for the whole match but one moment of their genius would then change everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.