5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

I never want my captain being as big of a pussy as he is. What is it with him rolling around holding his foot after every bit of contact.

What a clown.

TsuWave

All he does is give the ball away, roll on the ground and gesticulate at team-mates - even when he's the one that fecked up

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I've not had as good a year as the last in my job. I wish I had my salary doubled for my results in '22.

Really really disappointing from him the past few months. Perhaps a good functioning team will bring him back to his form we saw before, but if you get the armband (at least temporarily) then lead by example.

Pickle85

Just can't warm to him. He just moans, rolls around and moans some more. What really winds me up is when he loses the ball, goes down to try to win the free kick then, when it's not given, fully commit to the injury bit and not get up, leaving us with ten.

Robbie Boy

Just can't warm to him. He just moans, rolls around and moans some more. What really winds me up is when he loses the ball, goes down to try to win the free kick then, when it's not given, fully commit to the injury bit and not get up, leaving us with ten.
He's an annoying wanker but that could at least be overlooked when he was putting up good numbers.

Pickle85

He's an annoying wanker but that could at least be overlooked when he was putting up good numbers.
Definitely. The way he played in his debut season it was easy to ignore. It's just become progressively more difficult.

-Supreme-

His lack of strength, physicality and acceleration will always going to hinder him in PL he probably knows that when he always try to get rid of the ball by playing low percentage passes or going down easily and faking injuries every time when being pressured

ash_86

Attack wise his output was very bad but atleast he tracked back constantly and helped in defense. Our attackers are not making any runs and he thrives on them.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
His lack of strength, physicality and acceleration will always going to hinder him in PL he probably knows that when he always try to get rid of the ball by playing low percentage passes or going down easily and faking injuries every time when being pressured
*Laughs in Bernardo Silva.*

KeanoMagicHat

Ah I don’t think that’s the reason at all, was perfectly fine physically for two years. It’s a confidence issue and fitting into the team with Ronaldo (a bad fit for him as it always has).

OL29

I rate him highly but he is starting to worry me. Some of his decision making is completely baffling.

Red00012

When your link from midfield to attack has his best moments defensively you know you’re in trouble

-Supreme-

Ah I don’t think that’s the reason at all, was perfectly fine physically for two years. It’s a confidence issue and fitting into the team with Ronaldo (a bad fit for him as it always has).
His goals had really clouded peoples judgement IMO

Sanchez7

Silva’s strength is on another level comparing to most of our attackers...whereas Bruno can’t protect the ball and held off his opponent’s particularly when in possession of the ball
I think it is more down to technique. Silva has godly technique and is a great dribbler much like David Silva who was also impossible to dispossess.

-Supreme-

I think it is more down to technique. Silva has godly technique and is a great dribbler much like David Silva who was also impossible to dispossess.
Yes technique is clearly superior and his dribbling ability.

ole@thewheel

The fewer chances he gets the more likely he is to snatch at the ball and make a mess of converting them. I mentioned the lack of penalties for the same reason. When goals (and chances) are coming steadily, attacking players are much more likely to convert the next chance they get. Scoring goals is all about confidence and a drought can become self perpetuating. That’s what I meant about losing his mojo. Have you got any chance conversion comparisons?
He had a goal conversion rate of 15% last season and 12% this year.

This is a bit decieving as playing further from goal he did take more 'bad' shots.

Another angle to look at for this is his 'big chance missed' stat. He did miss 7 big chances this season (including his two penalties) in comparison to 8 last season(including one penalty).

Not a lot of difference in here. He is still one of our best finishers in the team, and we certainly don't do ourselves any favours, if we play him further away from the opposition box.

Oranges038

Wish he'd stop going for the stupid first time flick or the stupid first time ball. Just put his foot on the ball every now and again and pick a pass.

He's just so rash and stupid in his decison making that it's infuriating beyond belief. Because he has the skills to slow it down a fraction and play it easier. Would make his overall game a whole lot better.

BlueHaze

What the feck was that moment when he got the ball in the middle of the field then just shot the ball up 20 feet in the air what even is that shite? It's really worrying because we all know he's not that bad, no chance. However I have no idea what's wrong with him.

Sylar

We are going to massively regret his contract
Like Rooney? and then DDG?

I like Bruno for what he did in Oles two seasons especially helping carry us to 4th. But giving him a contract before weve signed and confirmed our new manager is insane without even talking to him.
I also couldnt see a host of top clubs being after him (much like the DDG situation).

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I gotta admit, he thinks about Ronaldo first, then himself and the team. Sometimes, the Portuguese speaking player seek him out instead of going for the best option.

I get it, but at the same time, I understand how it can be a problem.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
We are going to massively regret his contract
It makes absolutely zero sense that he was given that. What were they thinking? I don’t think he’s as bad as some are making out, but you need to see if ETH can polish him up and then decide on the contract. He’s another one who seems like someone who would probably struggle under ETH, with his selfishness and lack of discipline. So WTF would you double his wages for?!

shahzy

I never want my captain being as big of a pussy as he is. What is it with him rolling around holding his foot after every bit of contact.

What a clown.
Obviously so the ref notices. If you don't do that, the refs is more likely to not award it. This is not a new thing. Been over a decade of this

TsuWave

I gotta admit, he thinks about Ronaldo first, then himself and the team. Sometimes, the Portuguese speaking player seek him out instead of going for the best option.

I get it, but at the same time, I understand how it can be a problem.
None of this is true. Guy plays the exact same when Ronaldo is not in the team. He’s just not very good - the deficiencies in his game were also there when he was being productive - and we’re also there when our scout team recommended not signing him. Nothing to do with Ronaldo

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The issue is that in the number 10 role you should have someone that either excels at dribbling or passing. Bruno right now can provide the odd assist but there's no general excellence to his passing. And he can't dribble to save his life. That combination is extremely worrisome. We have a number 10 who needs to score or assist to have a 'good' game. How do you play excellent football with that? I've always felt that we need more players who can contribute to great football over the 90 minutes rather than pop up a moment or three.

Greck

It makes absolutely zero sense that he was given that. What were they thinking? I don’t think he’s as bad as some are making out, but you need to see if ETH can polish him up and then decide on the contract. He’s another one who seems like someone who would probably struggle under ETH, with his selfishness and lack of discipline. So WTF would you double his wages for?!
I'm just going to guess someone upstairs is a really big fan. Maybe just unaware better manager doesn't always mean better player. Some players become obsolete. Tiki taka is incredibly disciplined and midfield types who thrive on freedom actually often feel frustrated and constrained by it.

Remember Fabregas at Barcelona.

Fabregas, in his time at Barcelona, was often accused of giving away possession all too often. He tried playing the ball in behind too many times, often resulting in the opposition gaining possession of the ball.
In time, Fabregas began to understand why. "I came to Barca from a team where I was captain and had all the balls passed through me," he explained. "I used to play where I thought I could do more damage until Pep and Tito told me that was my problem.
Pique on Fabregas struggling to adjust: “I can see how Cesc,” he added, “would like to have more freedom, as he used to have at Arsenal. But you have to play according to where you are, of course.”
And that was a player who actually grew up in their academy and even played organized football under Wenger. Compatibility with tiki taka is tricky, it won't benefit everyone so we should have avoided placing that betthat doubled his wages till we were certain

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Liked his workrate today, his confidence looks on the floor though going by that decision not to shoot in the first half.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
He doesn’t have much to work with. Our players refuse to move these days and he gets bullied every game.
You have Elanga running into offside before Bruno can even receive the ball, rashy being a dead man walking, Ronaldo dropping in midfield, Scott fecking mctominay touching the ball 5 times per game…

We are complete mess of a team. Do not shit on the players who actually give a feck and give efforts.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Mata is lighter, weaker, slower with less acceleration and he also isn’t a dribbler, yet he knows exactly what to do with the ball and when to do it. He comes on and looks levels above as an actual footballer and on top of that, he gets clipped less and dispossessed less because his speed of thought is in another stratosphere yet there are groans when he is subbed in. If he were Bruno’s age, he would very probably take his role off him.

Dribbling is less of a problem than his spatial awareness and desire to play cohesively, imo. There are ways and means of negating a lack of both strength and dribbling deficiencies (see Mata), but Bruno doesn’t utilise them; the thought map contrast between the two could not be more different: Mata, ‘how can I best progress the play? What is the best option for me and my skilset right now?’ Bruno: ‘ARGH! BOMB! GET IT AWAY FROM ME!’ or: ‘Where is Ronaldo? I shall pass to him even if there are far better pass selections available!’ The latter reminds me of Tweek, the character from South Park; he is so antsy and panicked in his play. The things he opts for are often so needless and forced - if there’s a choice between an open teammate 15 yards ahead of you and a really low percentage Hollywood pass to a man covered by multiple opponents, why is he constantly picking the option that will see the ball turned over and thus putting us on the back foot for no reason whatsoever? Extrapolated over a season, it makes for a terrible rate of turnovers. A #10 should be nailed on to have a good game irrespective of whether he scores or assists; he has the responsibility of knitting the play and being the progressive conduit between deeper midfield and the forward line, which is troublesome when your #10 is the most wasteful player in the team.

I think something that is overlooked in this thread is that he has been ineffective for his country when asked to be a generic midfielder. You can point to us being a mess, but it isn’t the only body of work to assess him by - Bruno is not seamlessly chaining passes or working in the collective for his national team and rather than point fingers, the question should be asked of why that is. As a rounded, consummate #10, he has a lot of work to do to get up to par. Goals and assists are important, but they are not the be all and end all of the position, and he has to learn that otherwise his ineffective games (one in which he doesn’t assist or score) are going to continue to be appalling. Mata should not be capable of outshining him to such a degree at the age and profile he is - one, people want out the door as a non-playing entity, the other is on a fat new contract and is pretty much a bona fidelity starter by default… given those circumstances, there should be an absolute gulf between what they provide on the pitch, yet Mata looks like the better footballing brain by far.

He’s got a very interesting pre-season coming up, that’s for sure. For me, it’ll be an amazing conversion if a player of his age suddenly gets it and stops being Hollywood ball personified.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The workrate was very good indeed.
The rest was the usual trash, gotta laugh at crazy volley he made towards Ronaldo instead of holding the ball up
I felt he was better than Saturday, that isn’t saying much but it’s a start. We played worse or struggled more at least I felt last night, as a team…so some credit there.

Status
Not open for further replies.