5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bugmat

Hasn't had a good 90 minutes since Leeds on day 1. Stats are good though - reminiscent of Rashford Stats>>>form.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Incredibly overrated player and I can pretty much guarantee he won’t be a main part of our next great team.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I don’t even recognise him any longer. I held him
to a high standard previously and gave him a lot of harsh criticism, because he’s the closest player we have had to Cantona, apart from Zlatan’s brief sojourn here. He should be a talisman and stand up when it really matters.

There’s just nothing to work with currently. He’s in complete disarray and that contract already looks like it is going to shape up with the worst us and Arsenal have offered in recent years.

Zevvythered

Absolute gutter of a player, we will sell/drop when he can’t get in the Portugal squad!! Nothing of a player.

PS is it only me that hates seeing his tattoo of the number 8?? Number 8 your time is up at Old Trafford

the_cliff

I don't really think he is type of players ETH likes.
This is my worry.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they checked with ETH before renewing Bruno's contract but I really doubt it and can't see for the life of me how he'd fit ETHs system.

Some people were saying wide forward. :lol: :lol: :lol: yeah right.

Greck

What do we really know about his class though? How long has he been here and how long has he sustained it? Martial, AWB, Maguire, Rashford, If we got a trophy for every player that had a massive first 12 months at the club we'd be rolling. It's also probably time to stop treating the questions to his performance like blasphemy or persecution. I'm actually more surprised there are people who watch him flounder in every big game and still have no cause for worry. At least understand the criticism coming his way is very warranted.

DepaysCowboyHat

Absolute gutter of a player, we will sell/drop when he can’t get in the Portugal squad!! Nothing of a player.

PS is it only me that hates seeing his tattoo of the number 8?? Number 8 your time is up at Old Trafford
Yes Mata is leaving indeed but Im afraid we will have to endure more of Fernandes.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
20 goals and 20 assists next season but does he give the ball away too much?
This didn’t age well (from the first page).

Only 10 goals and 14 assists, and basically been an absolute liability with the ball for half of the season.

Dan_F

I’d rather wait and see what he’s like under the new manager before giving up on him. It’s just not possible that most of these players are as individually bad on a technical level as they seem right now.

Some quality in a few key positions, installing some confidence and resilience through leadership and decent tactical training will go a long way with this group.

SAF is the GOAT

What do we really know about his class though? How long has he been here and how long has he sustained it? Martial, AWB, Maguire, Rashford, If we got a trophy for every player that had a massive first 12 months at the club we'd be rolling. It's also probably time to stop treating the questions to his performance like blasphemy or persecution. I'm actually more surprised there are people who watch him flounder in every big game and still have no cause for worry. At least understand the criticism coming his way is very warranted.
We know that he carried us at least 1 year ? maybe even more.

I'm not the one that will say crap about him because every member of this squad(exclude CR7 and DDG) didn't perform well this season.

This guy scored in PL 10G and had 6A and its considered bad season for him, just relax.

We played without a style of play for more than 3 years. our "style" was "Give it to Bruno" and pray.

I think that with a better structure, proper manager that gives him instructions and tell him what he can and can't do will bring the best out of him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
to a high standard previously and gave him a lot of harsh criticism, because he’s the closest player we have had to Cantona, apart from Zlatan’s brief sojourn here. He should be a talisman and stand up when it really matters.

There’s just nothing to work with currently. He’s in complete disarray and that contract already looks like it is going to shape up with the worst us and Arsenal have offered in recent years.
He’s fecking miles off Cantona. Cantonas biggest strength was his footballing iq. He was an absolute genius technically and mentally. Bruno’s not close. Rooney was miles closer. Berbatov. Yorke etc. Bruno benefitted from a lot of pens but he’s a suspect footballer and Eric was never. Ridiculous comparison.

jesperjaap

Foe me the Cantona comparisons were absolutely ridiculous when he was in his purple patch here. That is the only time he had something in common and that is decisive game changing moments. His football IQ, touch, strength....could go on and on, he is nowhere near the player ability wise of Cantona, as as poster says a few posts up, others have been much closer than Fernandes, I think Berbatov was the closest, he was a fantastic player, just didnt really work out for him here.

But the Cantona and DeVruyne comparisons were always way off the mark and only backed up with stats, long before the poor season he has just had

TsuWave

He’s fecking miles off Cantona. Cantonas biggest strength was his footballing iq. He was an absolute genius technically and mentally. Bruno’s not close. Rooney was miles closer. Berbatov. Yorke etc. Bruno benefitted from a lot of pens but he’s a suspect footballer and Eric was never. Ridiculous comparison.
All facts.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Add 10 more pens to this season and you have the same Bruno who ‘carried us for a year’. That’s all. His general technical and physical capabilities are not good enough, and then to add to it he has a low footballing IQ. Strange player. He’s actually a pretty poor footballer in the main, but then has a couple of freakishly good bits.

Bondi77

I just cannot stand all the whinging and moaning on the pitch from him and he seems to go down so easily!
I am starting to get Di Maria (the dog) vibes about him and that is not a good thing.

Caesar2290

This didn’t age well (from the first page).

Only 10 goals and 14 assists, and basically been an absolute liability with the ball for half of the season.
Only :rolleyes:

In a season where the entire team went off the boil. If only more of his team mates could mimic his disastrous season.

Mind you, not saying he had a good season, but there are bigger culprits in this squad than him.

stoinz

I don't understand this. This is not the first time he has done that. Making risky back passes putting the entire defense under pressure. He need to cut these out, surely he can see it as it is not the first time. Even if he couldn't the coaches must have told him to cut it out. He is like a random boss character that spawn in the middle of the game that can either work for you or against you. He still have some good will in the bank but it is getting lesser by the day.

gajender

Maybe had we not renewed his contract. Now, I fear we'll be stuck with him for the forseeable.

What a daft decision that was. We could've easily got some decent money for him as there's still plenty who think he's actually good.
I believe we can still sell him for decent money like 40-50 m but part of that transfer fee might be needed to pay him off to leave but you are right that contract renewal was another self inflicted wound .

Paul778

I just cannot stand all the whinging and moaning on the pitch from him and he seems to go down so easily!
I am starting to get Di Maria (the dog) vibes about him and that is not a good thing.
He will come good. i honestly feel so much of this frustration is the lack of off the ball movement - something ETH will fix.

There is a lot of talk about McT not "showing" for the ball and putting pressure on the defense. However this can be said throughout the team. If a player moves it creates two opportunities, to play the ball to that player, or to make use of the hole that's been created in the defense. There is no unselfish running in the team right now.

Get all the players running for themselves and each other and thr game becomes somewhat easier. It should be easier for everyone to find progressive passes.

darioterios

I don't see how ETH can make him stop playing those crazy pointless passes and what he did yesterday has happened on other occasions. At times the opponent scores and sometimes it amounts to nothing

MadMike

That's the result of a toxic dressing room. Bruno is undoubtedly a quality player but if half of the team (or whatever percentage) doesn't give a damn, then that can toxic environment can bring you down as well.
Bruno is undoubtedly a better player than he's been showing in the last 6-7 months, both his earlier time at our club and his time at Sporting are testament to that. However question marks about his suitability for a team that will (allegedly) want to play possession football under ETH are valid.

Even at his best he was a player profligate with the ball and bad in retaining possession. He did have very good vision in the final third and the ability to very often execute it. He was very good at making timely runs in the box as well as shooting from outside of it and thus notching a lot of goals. But he was making loads of wildly hopeful attempts in the process and turning over the ball a lot, which hampered the team in games when we were under the cosh and deprived of possession. He wasn't the reason, but he was one of the reasons why we just couldn't keep hold of it when it mattered.

I can still see a place for him as part of the front 3, as a support striker or a false 9, but I really don't see how he could be a midfielder in our team if we want to play possession football. His style is the exact opposite of what ETH had implemented at Ajax.

Status
Not open for further replies.