6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

zaafi

World class mental gymnastics :D Bruno has created more chances per 90 minutes than KDB, Odegaard or anybody else in the league.

Every time somebody calls you out for your nonsense, you go down a completely different path... wait 6 games for the next time he's not directly involved in 2+ goals then spout something else. It's so boring.

Will ignore your list of players he 'hasn't performed anywhere near the level to' because almost all of them have had clear dips in form throughout the season... just like every single player in the world.
Bruno creates 3.2 chances per 90 and KDB creates 3.7 chances per 90 so no, Bruno does not create more chances per 90 min than KDB.

NZT-One

Yeah, he has created most big chances in the league, I think tied with KdB. Difference in the number of assists is too big.

Bruno's finishing has regressed, he missed some easy chances, I hope he steps up.
Bruno is the ultimate high risk high reward player. This is why he polarizes so much I guess. He's certainly not my cup of tea but in a low scoring game like football, one assist or goal (from the 15 odd attempts) will stick. And many fans value highlights more than full game "events" (where frustrating bits will add up over time). I certainly wouldn't call his season average though - the amount of games he played is so high, it is incredible how he manages to do while maintaining his level of effectiveness for us. Again - this also tells us something about our attack and team setup for now. Also was positively suprised that he had 2 or 3 fairly decent games in a less attacking role.

Red00012

How does Bruno have an average 6.1 match rating? :lol:
I’d imagine 70% of anyone on here that actually does that rating gives a crap score just to feel vindicated by their negativity on set player

NZT-One

I’d imagine 70% of anyone on here that actually does that rating gives a crap score just to feel vindicated by their negativity on set player
Yeah or they don't give 8s and 9s for a bad game only because one of 15 long balls resulted in a goal. Everything has to be an agenda nowadays, its getting a bit tiresome. We are talking football here, there are no definitive truths. For sure not when evaluating players.

Bondi77

The past few games Bruno is exceeding himself in the amount of times he is giving the ball away.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

The past few games Bruno is exceeding himself in the amount of times he is giving the ball away.
I know right! Screw these creative midfielders who give the ball away like Bruno and De Bruyne. Let's sign someone who doesn't get double figure goals and assists every season but who has a mean pass completion %

Sylar

I agree; although it’s kind of hard to know what we’re like without him because he’s played nearly every possible minute!
Sevilla and villa away I guess.
Obviously we lost some games with him but we seeingly created more in that 7-0 loss with him than the villa one without him

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I know right! Screw these creative midfielders who give the ball away like Bruno and De Bruyne. Let's sign someone who doesn't get double figure goals and assists every season but who has a mean pass completion %
It's where he gives the ball away, there's a time and place to play the risky passes and flicks, when it comes off it's great but when it doesn't we're usually in big trouble, KdB can get away with it because he's surrounded by great players to bail him out if it goes wrong, Bruno doesn't have that so he needs to be far more careful

Bondi77

It's where he gives the ball away, there's a time and place to play the risky passes and flicks, when it comes off it's great but when it doesn't we're usually in big trouble, KdB can get away with it because he's surrounded by great players to bail him out if it goes wrong, Bruno doesn't have that so he needs to be far more careful
That is the way I see it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is that all you’ve got? He’s been fantastic.
Because it’s a daft comparison. Garnacho is a kid who excels coming off the bench against tired legs. Bruno is arguably the most influential player in this team and has had a very good season being a first choice starter.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

If you were to remove De Bruyne from City's team these past few years then they don't win as many trophies. Bruno is the last of our problems.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
If you were to remove De Bruyne from City's team these past few years then they don't win as many trophies. Bruno is the last of our problems.
I don't think Bruno is a problem generally speaking, without him we'd be a far poorer team, but he doesn't always play smart in the defensive areas and he needs to improve that

Without KdB City probably wouldn't have won as much, put him in United's team in the last few years wouldn't have made any difference, we still wouldn't have won anything

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I don't think Bruno is a problem generally speaking, without him we'd be a far poorer team, but he doesn't always play smart in the defensive areas and he needs to improve that

Without KdB City probably wouldn't have won as much, put him in United's team in the last few years wouldn't have made any difference, we still wouldn't have won anything
Well there we go then. It's almost as if our manager (who has made Bruno captain) knows how to build a team that plays to Bruno's strengths and just needs to sign players who will plug the gaps in defensive areas to ensure we're successful.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ever considered his bad games or him seemingly in rush when he has the ball have something to do with playing almost 70 games in a season?
Any player would get burnt out from that amount of games and he plays inhuman amount of games year after year.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Well there we go then. It's almost as if our manager (who has made Bruno captain) knows how to build a team that plays to Bruno's strengths and just needs to sign players who will plug the gaps in defensive areas to ensure we're successful.
I'm not sure what the point you're trying to make is

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I'm not sure what the point you're trying to make is
De Bruyne is irreplaceable in City's team. Bruno is irreplaceable in United's team. The only reason why some people on the caf are reluctant to warm to Bruno is because he gives the ball away at a similar rate to De Bruyne, which wouldn't be an issue if United had midfielders like Gundogan & Bernardo Silva alongside him and a CF like Haaland in front of him. If Ten Hag is given the funds to address United's CM and CF issue in the summer, then Bruno will be spoken about in a similar light to De Bruyne next season.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
De Bruyne is irreplaceable in City's team. Bruno is irreplaceable in United's team. The only reason why some people on the caf are reluctant to warm to Bruno is because he gives the ball away at a similar rate to De Bruyne, which wouldn't be an issue if United had midfielders like Gundogan & Bernardo Silva alongside him and a CF like Haaland in front of him. If Ten Hag is given the funds to address United's CM and CF issue in the summer, then Bruno will be spoken about in a similar light to De Bruyne next season.
I'm not so sure that KdB is irreplaceable in City's team but the rest is basically what I'm saying as well, but Bruno has to take some responsibility because he knows that his teammates have limitations and he has to make better choices at times based on that

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I'm not so sure that KdB is irreplaceable in City's team but the rest is basically what I'm saying as well, but Bruno has to take some responsibility because he knows that his teammates have limitations and he has to make better choices at times based on that
Come on man. Even prime Zidane would get a migraine from having Weghorst and mannequin Martial in front of him all season.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Come on man. Even prime Zidane would get a migraine from having Weghorst and mannequin Martial in front of him all season.
We're talking about the risky stuff he tries in our defensive third, that's where he needs to be smarter, there's bugger all he can do about what's up top no matter how smart he is

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Didn’t he look annoyed, he didn’t even celebrate
I think something was said and he ignored it but there was a scuffle of some kind because Malacia got booked as well as a Chelsea player, it might have just been "thank feck for that" - he missed a big chance earlier that he knows he should have scored + he knew then the game was won and objective achieved

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

We're talking about the risky stuff he tries in our defensive third, that's where he needs to be smarter, there's bugger all he can do about what's up top no matter how smart he is
I'd much rather a midfielder who plays a risky forward pass in our defensive third than a midfielder who does a sideways pass to our defenders who aren't press resistant.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I'd much rather a midfielder who plays a risky forward pass in our defensive third than a midfielder who does a sideways pass to our defenders who aren't press resistant.
There's a time and place for them, and they aren't usually to defenders anyway, when you're losing or drawing then it's probably worth the risk, but when you're 1-0 with 10 mins to go it's poor game management, that's where he needs to be smarter

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

There's a time and place for them, and they aren't usually to defenders anyway, when you're losing or drawing then it's probably worth the risk, but when you're 1-0 with 10 mins to go it's poor game management, that's where he needs to be smarter
Good luck coaching that out of him in his late 20s. Either you accept his minor shortcomings or you replace him with a creative midfielder who is safer in possession and who gets a fraction of Bruno's goals and assists.

Zlatans Knee

How does Bruno have an average 6.1 match rating? :lol:
Because the game against Chelsea was typical for the season. Until he got the pen and then scored it, he was abysmal. After that he improved. It has been like that all season, some moments of brilliance interspersed with a whole load of utter crap.
i genuinely don’t know if we can win the league with him in the team (as the other thread title suggests)

Superb penalty. He’s had a bang average season despite being constantly available.
Disagree. He’s been one of our best players since the World Cup. Way more controlled performances, and creating chances to an elite level. Last two games, not so good. But definitely not “bang average”. Every time he doesn’t play we look like actual shit.

ManRed

Dont want to judge him on his recent performances as he has played a crazy amount of games, out of position on RW/LW, deeper in midfield. He should be back to his better performances next season with some well deserved rest.

redcucumber

The numbers alone are surely indicative that he hasn't been bang average. 25 goals and assists is good for a player that has been shunted around to accommodate teammates + injuries. He is needlessly frivolous with the ball at times, obviously. Still far and away an absolute net positive and extremely influential to the team. Would love to see him in a midfield with a player like Caicedo who would add heaps of energy and could allow Bruno to push further up.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Because it’s a daft comparison. Garnacho is a kid who excels coming off the bench against tired legs. Bruno is arguably the most influential player in this team and has had a very good season being a first choice starter.
This is much better, I can see your point. However I don’t think he’s our most influential player and I don’t think he’s performed consistently very well. Whereas for me Garnacho has excelled as a kid often coming off the bench and making a massive impact on games.

Mercurial

He has a tendency to fall off many times I guess, I'd imagine it's a spread of lows and highs averaging that middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.