6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OL29

He’s an interesting psychological case study. Prior to this Bruno obsession he was all about deflecting any and all criticism aimed at his boy, Paul Pogba. This monomania then got twisted into hatred for Fernandes when Pogba fecked off to Italy. The fact that Bruno took over his hero’s role as our creative hub, matching (or exceeding) his creative output, while adding the sort of work ethic we never saw from Pogba was a slap in the face. An insult to his hero he is determined to counter at all costs. Fascinating really. If a little tiresome.
I don’t really understand the issue, rightly or wrongly, he’s vocal in his criticism of a player he doesn’t rate and was vocal about sticking up for a player he did rate. Isn’t that what most people on this forum do? You’ve got more posts than anyone else in this thread, does that make Bruno your ‘hero’?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don’t really understand the issue, rightly or wrongly, he’s vocal in his criticism of a player he doesn’t rate and was vocal about sticking up for a player he did rate. Isn’t that what most people on this forum do? You’ve got more posts than anyone else in this thread, does that make Bruno your ‘hero’?
No. Just an extremely prolific poster. In this thread and many others.

OL29

No. Just an extremely prolific poster. In this thread and many others.
Fair enough but I do think it’s a bit childish to disparage people for apparently obsessing over players when we’re all guilty of having our own agendas.
I’m sure if we broke down the post history of most posters, it’d be distributed pretty unevenly, with a large focus on players we think are overrated/underrated.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It’s bizarre really, @Pogue Mahone and many others have/had such major issues with Pogba that even a year after he left the club, they can’t move on from him. My crime, as you rightly state, was to defend the player from what I saw as unfair criticism. Rightly or wrongly but as ever I try to be consistent in my take on performances and go a little deeper than narrative by looking into and back on the evidence.

I don’t know how many times I’ve given my overall appraisal of Pogba, but it would be something like 6/10 overall and one of our better players in that time, if a little disappointing overall due to the ability of the player but offset with my belief that he is more of a cherry on the top of the cake player and we never had a Casemiro while he was here who is more of a ‘cake’.

if that take is so unhinged that it Deserves discussion 12 months on….really? I think the issue is more that a lot of fans let emotion and personal judgment towards players they don’t know massively impact on their ability to make rational judgement.

As for Bruno, do I think he is a good player, of course he is. Do I think he has performed well consistently this season….No. Do I think he plays too many final passes and attempts passes that aren’t there? Yes. Do I think this contributes to stats like chances created? Yes. Do I think the team would benefit from his stats in these areas being less? Yes. Do I think he tries hard? Yes (Anfield aside). Do I think his output is a lot higher than his actual performance. Yes. Do I judge players on performance rather than output. Yes.

Again if this take is so irrational that it singles me out, then I’m not sure why.

I think it’s more about towing the line, following the narrative and those who don’t shall be singled out and beaten with it. It’s childish and playground and isn’t backed up by anything. But then the mods on here are equally as bad in leading this type of behaviour. I’ve been banned for nothing more than my opinion and told to tow the line with regards to certain players and I’ve had a pathetic childish tagline added to my profile.

The cafs a weird place!

Gomes

Wonder if United gets its shit together before he leaves. Or will receive the de Gea treatment.

El Jefe

I don't know what's more impressive, how creative Bruno is or how shite that makes Antony look.

Obviously not all chances are created equally but Odegaard creating for Saka the same number of times Bruno has for Antony is a wild stat when you consider how effective the Arsenal pairing were.

Status
Not open for further replies.