6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDycheEnergy

Jesus. How many times are those three incidents going to get mentioned? Yes, he was once caught in possession outside our own box. Yes he miscued a clearance. Yes he chose the wrong option in injury time. He touched the ball 57 times last night. More than any other player in red. Why are people getting so fecking hung up on the 3 times out of 57 it went badly?
Amen.

Ehm, I mean: I can't believe Bruno nearly started a nuclear war!

If a defender does three stupid things in a match, are you going to be like "ah yeah well it was only three things lads".
I think that's one of the benefits of being an attacking midfielder/winger/striker. You are allowed a handful of high-risk, high-reward moves per game. Yeah, it's not ideal when it happens right outside our own box, but usually when he's that deep it also means that there are lots of team mates behind him.

I'd obviously like him to make fewer mistakes, but I still think there's room for a player like him in the team, even with Ten Hag in charge. Especially when he's that good. I could understand the outrage in here if Bruno was lazy, but he's not.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Jesus. How many times are those three incidents going to get mentioned? Yes, he was once caught in possession outside our own box. Yes he miscued a clearance. Yes he chose the wrong option in injury time. He touched the ball 57 times last night. More than any other player in red. Why are people getting so fecking hung up on the 3 times out of 57 it went badly?
That's like saying how many times will De Gea's mistakes against Brentford be mentioned. Those are not mistakes that you just ignore.

Getting dispossessed outside our own box was typical Bruno and almost cost us a goal. He also almost got sent off doing some stupid time wasting that made no sense. The hollywood ball to Ronaldo on its own is no issue but it's a sign of what Bruno has become, or his issues rather.

He is an immensely talented player but he needs to play disciplined or I want to see him dropped. This freestyling he does will cost us and has cost us.

shamans

Amen.

Ehm, I mean: I can't believe Bruno nearly started a nuclear war!

I think that's one of the benefits of being an attacking midfielder/winger/striker. You are allowed a handful of high-risk, high-reward moves per game. Yeah, it's not ideal when it happens right outside our own box, but usually when he's that deep it also means that there are lots of team mates behind him.

I'd obviously like him to make fewer mistakes, but I still think there's room for a player like him in the team, even with Ten Hag in charge. Especially when he's that good. I could understand the outrage in here if Bruno was lazy, but he's not.
Not outside your box. Not time wasting on a yellow card. Rashford got dispossessed as well plenty of times but no one is saying anything about that because they were worthwhile risks in the attacking half.

BigDycheEnergy

This freestyling he does will cost us and has cost us.
It also gave us CL football in 2020 and second place in 2021. Imagine what it could do with overlapping fullbacks, Sancho, and the delicious defensive foundation of Casemiro, Varane and Martinez :drool:

Not outside your box.
I don't remember the precise situation, but did he lose possession because he was trying something overly difficult or because of sloppiness? I have a feeling that it was the latter. In which case, it happens to most players during the course of a game. I'd rather it happen when there are plenty of players around to defend.

Not time wasting on a yellow card
You mean when he grabbed the ball after Liverpool scored? That will never lead to a yellow. Especially not a second yellow.

shamans

It also gave us CL football in 2020 and second place in 2021. Imagine what it could do with overlapping fullbacks, Sancho, and the delicious defensive foundation of Casemiro, Varane and Martinez :drool:

I don't remember the precise situation, but did he lose possession because he was trying something overly difficult or because of sloppiness? I have a feeling that it was the latter. In which case, it happens to most players during the course of a game. I'd rather it happen when there are plenty of players around to defend.

You mean when he grabbed the ball after Liverpool scored? That will never lead to a yellow. Especially not a second yellow.

Ole gave us CL football as well. Things aren't so simplistic. His best era for the club was when we have been one of the worst Man United's around. It's no coincidence.

Alright, I stand corrected on the ball grabbing but he did go down pretty easily and is always risking a free yellow card.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Jesus. How many times are those three incidents going to get mentioned? Yes, he was once caught in possession outside our own box.
Because this is how it’s always worked on here sadly. I’ve seen you do similar.
“We can cope with creative players losing the ball by taking risks in the final third. What fecks us over is creative players repeatedly having their pocket picked deep in our own half”

A quote from the same poster above when another player lost the ball on halfway during a performance where he was almost a one man team.

BigDycheEnergy

Ole gave us CL football as well. Things aren't so simplistic.
My point is that he was unironically compared to De Bryune for 1.5 years. That's how good he was.

I see no reason for why he wont be as good under a better team and manager. He might not stand out as much as he did previously, but that's a good thing!

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
We pay him too much money just just be a glorified workhorse out of possession.

His on the ball ability has a lot to be desired, he is constantly giving the ball away and putting the team under pressure. Some fans will see him running around and love it, but for his position and time on the ball he needs to be doing a lot more.

It’s definitely a performance he can build on and I fully expect him to be playing on Saturday, but if he doesn’t improve on the ball I can see him losing his place.

shamans

My point is that he was unironically compared to De Bryune for 1.5 years. That's how good he was.

I see no reason for why he wont be as good under a better team and manager. He might not stand out as much as he did previously, but that's a good thing!
And rashford was compared to Mbappe.

The reason is his lack of discipline that wouldn't cut a top side. We were not a top side when he was at his best. Maybe he can be, but there's definitely reason to believe he can't.

BigDycheEnergy

And rashford was compared to Mbappe.
That must have been before Mbappe truly hit his stride. If not, we're looking at some seriously biased United supporters. That's hardly the same as being compared to peak De Bryune by neutrals.

The reason is his lack of discipline that wouldn't cut a top side. We were not a top side when he was at his best.
This makes it sound like Bruno was the best of a bad lot and only looked good because the rest of the team was shit. And if you actually believe that, then I don't think we will get much out of this "debate" as we disagree about football on a very fundamental level. And for what it's worth, Bruno would also benefit from having better players around him.

And I don't think "lack of discipline" is a good description for someone who works his socks off just because he goes for high-risk options more frequently. It has served us well before and I'm convinced that it has won us many points overall.

My newbie privileges are running out for the day, so I'll have to reply to you later :)

mancan92

“We can cope with creative players losing the ball by taking risks in the final third. What fecks us over is creative players repeatedly having their pocket picked deep in our own half”

A quote from the same poster above when another player lost the ball on halfway during a performance where he was almost a one man team.
Yeah it's a clear double standard. Bruno did well off the ball but on another day he could have been responsible for 2 goals. It's not rare for him either. I just hope he stops.

Andersons Dietician

Much improved, seemed to limit the amount of Hollywood attempt passes and although there were still moments of Bruno ness. What a fecking performance. More so the effort put in but honestly he and Rashford who is another that normally sits about ran their feckingnhearts out and when things maybe aren’t going your way effort can make a big difference.

Even Bruno’s falling to the floor seemed to be working last night. Well except for the attempt to win a pen.

Acole9

Outstanding
Good performance but as soon as Ronaldo come on he started reverting back to trying to pick him out.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Honestly, one of the best aspects of Fernandes' performance last night is how many Scousers have had their heads wobbled by it. The sheer number of them crying that he should have been sent off for holding onto the ball, when it was our kick off for the restart... :lol: :lol: :lol: Genuinely would love to beat them at JuAnfield with a last minute Bruno penalty. The place would erupt.

shamans

That must have been before Mbappe truly hit his stride. If not, we're looking at some seriously biased United supporters. That's hardly the same as being compared to peak De Bryune by neutrals.

This makes it sound like Bruno was the best of a bad lot and only looked good because the rest of the team was shit
. And if you actually believe that, then I don't think we will get much out of this "debate" as we disagree about football on a very fundamental level. And for what it's worth, Bruno would also benefit from having better players around him.

And I don't think "lack of discipline" is a good description for someone who works his socks off just because he goes for high-risk options more frequently. It has served us well before and I'm convinced that it has won us many points overall.

My newbie privileges are running out for the day, so I'll have to reply to you later :)

First part is true. He was the best of a bad lot. He saved the season for Ole really.

He looked good because that is what was needed a the time. He is a very talented player who is world class at some things he does. Right now, we need a midfielder who can be responsible if we want to take that next step and I've yet to be convinced Bruno can be responsible.

Martial

He was fantastic last night. Really led from the front the entire game.

Great show of faith in him from the manager by making him captain.

Crashoutcassius

Why do people want eriksen over Bruno long term ? People cite our 'possession football' as a reason why Bruno can't play, but ETH doesn't appear that interested in possession football, he said in interview he wanted the players to go long Vs Brentford and nothing about Liverpool was overtly possession football. Also, we have nobody to score goals. Mctominay made a good pass for the decisive break through on Monday but it was Bruno's quick thinking that created the chance. He is our most creative player in the transition. Finally, we will need his goals in games when Ronaldo doesn't play and martial is the main striker. We need a proper second striker style 10 or an 8 that gets in the box. Over his first year and a half here Bruno was the best in the world at that. We shouldn't forget that because of some make believe possession style that ETH simply doesn't seem to want

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Bruno had them rattled! :lol: :lol: :lol:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Why do people want eriksen over Bruno long term ? People cite our 'possession football' as a reason why Bruno can't play, but ETH doesn't appear that interested in possession football, he said in interview he wanted the players to go long Vs Brentford and nothing about Liverpool was overtly possession football. Also, we have nobody to score goals. Mctominay made a good pass for the decisive break through on Monday but it was Bruno's quick thinking that created the chance. He is our most creative player in the transition. Finally, we will need his goals in games when Ronaldo doesn't play and martial is the main striker. We need a proper second striker style 10 or an 8 that gets in the box. Over his first year and a half here Bruno was the best in the world at that. We shouldn't forget that because of some make believe possession style that ETH simply doesn't seem to want
I think since we don't know what our full team is yet that it's hard to evaluate what will be our football consistently in the future. Personally I like coaches who aren't dogmatic and know how to adapt. Bruno has talent to be a great player for ETH, I just hope he shows it regularly.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
You're acting like he only had those 3 bad possessions. He gave the ball away carelessly as usual. Right at the start of the second half with us kicking off, he gave the ball away 3 times in the span of a minute, setting the tone for what to come which was us unable to keep the ball. These aren't negligible mistakes, they add up and constrict us in our own half and force us to chase the ball for the most part because we can't hold onto it.

Start of the second half he completely messed up the kick off and gave it straight to firmino and nearly put Luiz in. And we spent 5 minutes with Liverpool on the edge of our box. Purely down to that one error.
Exactly this. Liverpool's dominant start(that 5 minutes start) to the second half was ignited by that Bruno's mistake(more like his 3 mistakes in a row in the span of a minutes). He's one of the reasons we're unable to keep the ball which is compounded by the likes of DeGea who is a hoof merchant and some other players who also can't keep the ball.

I have no problem with players losing the ball when intensely pressured and can't find release options nor do I have that much of a problem when Bruno loses the ball trying the harder passes. It's when he carelessly gives the ball away and frequently so that grind my gears. Start of the second half is a quintessential example of what I'm talking about. He fecked up 3 casual simple passes in a row which led to us needlessly being under the cosh for a good 5 minutes.

Last edited:

eire-red

I just wish he'd cut out the madness and the diving. His game just needs a tiny bit of refinement.

I'm not trying to criticise, I love Bruno to bits and think he's always been unfairly branded with the rest by pundits singling him out for not giving enough effort. I've never felt that about him. But I don't agree with the whole "That's the type of player he is. He won't be the same if you take that side of his game away," when it comes to the bad stuff. What a load of BS.

Good coaching should be stomping out those brainless moments. Just like good coaching can drill in defensive discipline to players where that doesn't come natural.

To be fair to Bruno, I think he comes deeper a lot to compensate for the lack of quality in midfield. But you can't be everywhere at once. There's nothing major needed, but if Ten Hag can just tweak that marginal bit of his game that detract from his overall performance, that would be brilliant.

I agree that he played so well against Liverpool, but the near miss on the OG, giving the ball away on the edge of the box, the misplaced pass from kick-off, the yellow for diving and then holding the ball could have been a second booking for time-wasting. For me, it's too much stuff on the edge against a team like Liverpool that can punish you from the smallest of mistakes.

These are not major adjustments. Decision making, temperament, just 'settling down'. Easily things that can be worked on off the pitch and not detract from his game. Then he can be praised for the good stuff that he does in the attacking third.

Olecurls99

You're acting like he only had those 3 bad possessions. He gave the ball away carelessly as usual. Right at the start of the second half with us kicking off, he gave the ball away 3 times in the span of a minute, setting the tone for what to come which was us unable to keep the ball. These aren't negligible mistakes, they add up and constrict us in our own half and force us to chase the ball for the most part because we can't hold onto it.

Exactly this. Liverpool's dominant start(that 5 minutes start) to the second half was ignited by that Bruno's mistake(more like his 3 mistakes in a row in the span of a minutes). He's one of the reasons we're unable to keep the ball which is compounded by the likes of DeGea who is a hoof merchant and some other players who also can't keep the ball.

I have no problem with players losing the ball when intensely pressured and can't find release options nor do I have that much of a problem when Bruno loses the ball trying the harder passes. It's when he carelessly gives the ball away and frequently so that grind my gears. Start of the second half is a quintessential example of what I'm talking about. He fecked up 3 casual simple passes in a row which led to us needlessly being under the cosh for a good 5 minutes.
Very well said. It's not when he tries the ridiculous passes that grates. It's when he can't play simple passes or loses the ball under slight pressure.

saik

Good goal, did feck all apart from that. So so inconsistent in possession. It's very annoying watching him not being able to make the simplest passes so often.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Lovely finish, but we’ll always struggle to control the ball when he’s so careless with it.

SmallCaine

A great finish but absolutely rubbish performance, we need another midfielder next to casemiro and play eriksen at 10. Hope ETH can put a footdown with him just like he has with the permanent captain.

YSB99

Supports
Machester United FC
No one will ever convince me that he’s a starter for a top team, he’s just too loose with the ball, impact bench player. Well taken goal all the same

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Other than goal he was really bad.

Can't describe how annoying is his 'let's find Cristiano no matter what' when self proclaimed king enters the field.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Typical Bruno, frustrating to the point of 'get him off the pitch!' and then he scores like he's Scholes.

Keep it simple, Bruno.

Telsim

He scored the goal, which was great by the way, good job, but he was a liability for the majority of the game. He needs to spend sometime on the bench if this carries on. I'd put Eriksen in that position.

lex talionis

A brilliant match winner, but he’s got to cut down on low percentage passes. There’s more to discuss about his overall game, but on this performance today he took his chance brilliant which turned out to be the difference between the two sides.

theatreofdreams777

Classic Bruno performance. Awful display especially in the first half but getting on the scoresheet will help to sweep it under the carpet. He should be dropped eventually from the first team like Maguire & Ronaldo but we probably don't have the required quality to do it right now.

Someone

Something
Was really poor. He's very wasteful with the ball and we did get punished for it last season, and if he doesn't cut it out we'll be punished again. He has the potential, but it feels like he never learns.

Status
Not open for further replies.