6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Starting at 4.19 of this interview, Bruno comes the closest to admitting that he sacrifices his game when players who need to be the main man are in the team. Personally, I'm not sure him doing that makes us a better team.

romufc

Starting at 4.19 of this interview, Bruno comes the closest to admitting that he sacrifices his game when players who need to be the main man are in the team. Personally, I'm not sure him doing that makes us a better team.
Yep, you can see him say things like, I have to get into different areas, talks about getting the best of others strength. In case of Ronaldo it means put the ball in the box.

This is why he works well with Martial the best, they have synergy on the pitch.

RedCurry

I don’t know if anyone noticed, but just seconds before our first goal you could see Bruno actively instructing the team to move up collectively resulting in a long clearance from Spurs. We won the ball, and had numbers in attack which led to the goal. Wasn’t able to find any highlight which captures this moment.

Cantonagotmehere

Did anyone notice him teary eyed walking off the pitch? Not sure if he was or not. He is such an emotional man, maybe he was so happy with the performance....

criticalanalysis

Thought he was our best player in the first half. Faded after being shifted to the left but pretty good nonetheless.
Yes should have ended the half with at least 1 or two assists. Started a bit off in the 2nd and then started going a bit hero ball but he kept going. Was harshly pushed to the left for Eriksen, who had a very mixed game.

GMoore23

He can be ultra frustrating at times but unlike Rashford and Sancho, you can never question his heart and desire to win a match for us.
Ran is lungs out again. Maguire should never get the captaincy back.

The United

Shifting him to the wings in games like this won't help anyone. Eriksen should have just come off instead of playing in the 10 position to accommodate his lack of combativeness which started showing at the end of first half.

ROFLUTION

He’s playing really well again. Not a lot of end product, but he’s playing well. Cant fault him for others not finishing their chances - he runs his arse off and it helps the team to dominate.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He’s playing really well again. Not a lot of end product, but he’s playing well. Cant fault him for others not finishing their chances - he runs his arse off and it helps the team to dominate.
Great to see him work hard like never before, that can make up for some of his mistakes in the build up which are bound to happen..

lsd

The Oracle
Would have had a go at him telling De Gear to go to that side but I would have bet the house on Jorginho going that side too

Valencia Shin Crosses

Shifting him to the wings in games like this won't help anyone. Eriksen should have just come off instead of playing in the 10 position to accommodate his lack of combativeness which started showing at the end of first half.
Yeah it was a tough decision because on one hand we needed the extra midfielder in Fred. But the problem is neither Eriksen nor Bruno offers any sort of dribbling/ running threat with the ball so it makes our attack a bit more toothless up front.

Red-17

All the criticism he has gotten for not performing in the big matches, and he has been our best attacker 2 games in a row. In a very tight game, he should have had 2 assists today if our attackers finished their chances he made for them. Also one of the few players who looks like he can run for days despite the number of fixtures.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Thought he had a good performance yesterday. Bit careless with the ball sometimes but definitely earning his starting position.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Would have had a go at him telling De Gear to go to that side but I would have bet the house on Jorginho going that side too
Think de Gea did quite well for the penalty. Havent watched it back but he didnt choose a side too obviously.

Marwood

Very good again. Looks like ETH has got through to him about retaining possession. Quite a few monents where Bruno last season goes for something impossible but is now choosing the safer pass. Hope it continues.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I thought he played well overall, the pass to Rashford for the 1 v 1 was excellent and he helped us control the game in the first half.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Definitely think he’s been Ten Hagged. He’s playing a lot better, keeping things a bit simpler and wasting less. Another good performance from Bruno yesterday.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Well he's no Pogba to play him on the left wing. This experiment failed and it's a shame it was against Chelsea as they were for the taking. Not Bruno's fault, he did well in first half.
ETH did a mistake here, one of him or Eriksen should've gone if we were for 3 man midfield. Draw is a fair result anyway.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I like that he seems to work ver hard these days, if anything it can help the team to build a nice press unit. Then if we can win the ball higher up with Fred and Casemiro behind Bruno, the Portuguese has enough killer instincts to find a final pass or score himself. Think he should definitely shoot more. Should just be careful with leaning too much back, than it's just a wasted opportunity, while he can definitely shoot from distance, should be more focused though.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's been playing (almost) all games, and (almost?) always the top distance covered. We could do with resting him in some games. And Dalot also.

arthurka

If we had a decent striker and for Rashford fluffing all the chances straight at the keeper Bruno would have 12 assists already. Jesus we suck at scoring goals.

Strelok

I like that he seems to work ver hard these days, if anything it can help the team to build a nice press unit. Then if we can win the ball higher up with Fred and Casemiro behind Bruno, the Portuguese has enough killer instincts to find a final pass or score himself. Think he should definitely shoot more. Should just be careful with leaning too much back, than it's just a wasted opportunity, while he can definitely shoot from distance, should be more focused though.
These days? He always works his socks off mate. Feel like he never stops running. One thing you can never beat this guy with is his work rate and passion.

romufc

Bruno needs to be dropped and cannot play in a Ten Hag system apparently.

Jericho

Bruno needs to be dropped and cannot play in a Ten Hag system apparently.
Not to be that guy because I like Bruno, but where does he rank amongst those players when it comes to actual goals and assists?

romufc

Not to be that guy because I like Bruno, but where does he rank amongst those players when it comes to actual goals and assists?
I really love how the goalpost with Bruno shifts.

When he was scoring and assisting, it was oh but his all round play is bad.

Now he is not scoring or assisting but still up there with the best, where are his goals and assists. :lol: :lol:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Now he is not scoring or assisting but still up there with the best, where are his goals and assists. :lol: :lol:
I find it hilarious how your goalposts shift when you see some stats that suit a narrative you find appealing

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Yup. His attacking stats have always been exceptional. Even when his form dipped. He’s our most important attacking player, bar none, ever since he joined the club.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
People were so quick to write him off. He still has so much he can offer us in games.
Eh ? He’s been shite week in week out for well over a year. I actually think he’s had a massive amount of goodwill based on six months of form.

His last two games are the best he’s played in a long while, and you can tell this by the amount of posts coming out saying how people were Wrong to write him off in comparison to the lack of these posts over the past two years.

Two years / two games. It’s all equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.