6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mctrials23

Not to be that guy because I like Bruno, but where does he rank amongst those players when it comes to actual goals and assists?
Goals and assists are a function of the players in front of him actually scoring. Currently we are struggling massively for goals. Not chances. Goals. There is only so much he can do.

Strelok

Two years / two games. It’s all equal.
Last year everyone were shit. This year we're in October about a quarter of the season. Yet you make it sounds like he played two good games in two entire years. How convenient. And how about his entire time here?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Not to be that guy because I like Bruno, but where does he rank amongst those players when it comes to actual goals and assists?
Yup. His attacking stats have always been exceptional. Even when his form dipped. He’s our most important attacking player, bar none, ever since he joined the club.
I would say for me despite games in his first nine months that were poor, his ‘form’ dipped from January 21.

In that period Bruno has played 69 league games, scored 15 goals (3 in one game) and has 11 assists. That would work out at about 8 goals and 6 assists per season, Thats not exceptional. They’re very similar stats to those that Pogba would be criticised for by certain posters, from a deeper position on the pitch and with different instructions.

In comparison KDB in his last 66 league games has scored 23 goals and has 29 assists.
That would work out at about 12 goals and 15 assists per season.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Last year everyone were shit. This year we're in October about a quarter of the season. Yet you make it sounds like he played two good games in two entire years. How convenient. And how about his entire time here?
Are other players getting criticism for their performance over the past two years?

His entire time I would split into two parts.
Jan - Dec 20.
Jan 20 - present day.

The first part I would say he was 80/20 good/bad
The second part I would say he was 20/80 good/bad

romufc

I would say for me despite games in his first nine months that were poor, his ‘form’ dipped from January 21.

In that period Bruno has played 69 league games, scored 15 goals (3 in one game) and has 11 assists. That would work out at about 8 goals and 6 assists per season, Thats not exceptional. They’re very similar stats to those that Pogba would be criticised for by certain posters, from a deeper position on the pitch and with different instructions.

In comparison KDB in his last 66 league games has scored 23 goals and has 29 assists.
That would work out at about 12 goals and 15 assists per season.
Obviously, you want to select a narrative that suits you. Why dont you do the same since he came? I guarantee you will see that he is the highest goal scoring midfielder.

Strelok

Are other players getting criticism for their performance over the past two years?

His entire time I would split into two parts.
Jan - Dec 20.
Jan 20 - present day.

The first part I would say he was 80/20 good/bad
The second part I would say he was 20/80 good/bad
You're trying to say Bruno didn't got criticised last year?

And it's ok to criticise a player when he's bad but not ok to praise him when he's good?

Btw it's quite weird for an United fan to hate Bruno so I had a look at your posting history. You're a huge fan of Pogba and because Bruno outshined him you really hate Bruno. Pogba is gone just let it goes man or you could support Juventus and go posting in their forum I think. Simply much better than staying here trying your best to shit on a player just because of an old grudge.

romufc

Eh ? He’s been shite week in week out for well over a year. I actually think he’s had a massive amount of goodwill based on six months of form.

His last two games are the best he’s played in a long while, and you can tell this by the amount of posts coming out saying how people were Wrong to write him off in comparison to the lack of these posts over the past two years.

Two years / two games. It’s all equal.
6 months of form? Bruno signed in Jan 2020 and since being at the club he has 141 Apps 52 goals and 41 assists. I think that is brilliant for 6 months of form.

Didnt realise a player can score 52 goals and 41 assists in 6 months.

Also the stat I posted is this season not just 2 games like you make it out to be.

You compared Brunos stats with Pogba... Bruno has a goal contribution of 0.6 a game.

Pogba has 93 G/A in 233 games in 5 years. Imagine having a played do what you did in 5 years in 6 months

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Obviously, you want to select a narrative that suits you. Why dont you do the same since he came? I guarantee you will see that he is the highest goal scoring midfielder.
The poster said ‘even when his form dipped’

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You're trying to say Bruno didn't got criticised last year?

And it's ok to criticise a player when he's bad but not ok to praise him when he's good?

Btw it's quite weird for an United fan to hate Bruno so I had a look at your posting history. You're a huge fan of Pogba and because Bruno outshined him you really hate Bruno. Pogba is gone just let it goes man or you could support Juventus and go posting in their forum I think. Simply much better than staying here trying your best to shit on a player just because of an old grudge.
I’ve never mentioned anything about Bruno being criticised last year? And yes it’s absolutely correct to praise somebody when they are good.

The only United player I would say I hated was Neil Webb. Perhaps Heinze at a point.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
6 months of form? Bruno signed in Jan 2020 and since being at the club he has 141 Apps 52 goals and 41 assists. I think that is brilliant for 6 months of form.

Didnt realise a player can score 52 goals and 41 assists in 6 months.

Also the stat I posted is this season not just 2 games like you make it out to be.

You compared Brunos stats with Pogba... Bruno has a goal contribution of 0.6 a game.

Pogba has 93 G/A in 233 games in 5 years. Imagine having a played do what you did in 5 years in 6 months
I compared to Pogba because an average of 8 league goals and 6 assists per 38 games was the level of productivity that the quoted poster was critical of Pogba for yet described Bruno as exceptional.

You’re aware they play in different positions right ?

Also my stats are correct, I haven’t made them up so I’m not sure what the rest of this mess is talking about.

romufc

I compared to Pogba because an average of 8 league goals and 6 assists per 38 games was the level of productivity that the quoted poster was critical of Pogba for yet described Bruno as exceptional.

You’re aware they play in different positions right ?

Also my stats are correct, I haven’t made them up so I’m not sure what the rest of this mess is talking about.
So what you are saying is you want to compare Pogba's stats when they suit your narrative over a 6 month spell but when I compare the whole United spell, they play different positions so I shouldn't compare them?

I'm sorry but you are the one who brought up Pogba not me, so I ask you this, are you aware they play different positions?

I didn't say your stats are incorrect.

Saying Bruno has 6 months of form and he has double the G/A to Pogba in his time here.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You should have, Bruno didn't score 15 league goals from Jan 21 till date, he scored 20 league goals.

From Jan 2021 to end of that season - 8 goals
Last season - 10 goals
This season - 2 goals

Also that's only half of the story.
After Jan 2021 he scored 5 goals and 4 assists in 9 Europa league games (Vs Sociedad, Grandad, Milan, Roma, Villarreal)

2021-22 - 7 assists in 7 CL games.

2022-23 - 1 assist in 4 Europa games.

That's 25 goals and 23 assists in 89 games, goal or assist in every other game.

His performance was poor in that period (most of the games) but his attacking stats was good, add this to his chance creation and expected assists stats, you can see why he was so high in attacking stats.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
So what you are saying is you want to compare Pogba's stats when they suit your narrative over a 6 month spell but when I compare the whole United spell, they play different positions so I shouldn't compare them?

I'm sorry but you are the one who brought up Pogba not me, so I ask you this, are you aware they play different positions?

Saying Bruno has 6 months of form and he has double the G/A to Pogba in his time here.
Was my post replying to you ? The narrative is related to the poster I replied to.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You should have, Bruno didn't score 15 league goals from Jan 21 till date, he scored 20 league goals.

From Jan 2021 to end of that season - 8 goals
Last season - 10 goals
This season - 2 goals

Also that's only half of the story.
After Jan 2021 he scored 5 goals and 4 assists in 9 Europa league games (Vs Sociedad, Grandad, Milan, Roma, Villarreal)

2021-22 - 7 assists in 7 CL games.

2022-23 - 1 assist in 4 Europa games.

That's 25 goals and 23 assists in 89 games, goal or assist in every other game.

His performance was poor in that period (most of the games) but his attacking stats was good, add this to his chance creation and expected assists stats, you can see why he was so high in attacking stats.
Sorry should have said non penalty….and again my post was directed at a poster who questioned the validity of penalty goals inflating stats when other players took them.

Poor performances in most of 89 games is horrific and no amount of stats mask that.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Can't we just agree that Bruno is a great player and that last season is the exception(for obvious reasons)?

Bruno might be the only United player who is more highly rated by rivals and neutrals than by United fans online.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Can't we just agree that Bruno is a great player and that last season is the exception(for obvious reasons)?

Bruno might be the only United player who is more highly rated by rivals and neutrals than by United fans online.
We’re a third of the way through this season, you think he’s been great overall? He wasn’t great for the vast majority of the last 89 games he’s played. How is last season an exception at this point?

romufc

Sorry should have said non penalty….and again my post was directed at a poster who questioned the validity of penalty goals inflating stats when other players took them.

Poor performances in most of 89 games is horrific and no amount of stats mask that.
You are having a mare. You actually replied to my post, I never once mentioned penalty goals. I didn't realise penalty goals have no validity in football.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
We’re a third of the way through this season, you think he’s been great overall?
I think so yes. At worst I'd describe him as good. He does a lot of the invisible and unappreciated work. He also tends to play an important part in the build up, whether it's pressing or the pass before the assist.

I think Bruno no longer being the obvious standout player is healthy. No United player, unless they are a serious Ballon d'Or contender, should ever be so easy to pick out from the starting eleven as the best player. We got a very good defence and central midfield now, so Bruno will naturally become more invisible. This is OK as long as he keeps working hard and creating things, which he does.

We were too dependent on Bruno in his first 1.5 years in the club. Then we were dependent on no one because everyone sucked. Now we have plenty of good weapons and Bruno is one of them.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You are having a mare. You actually replied to my post, I never once mentioned penalty goals. I didn't realise penalty goals have no validity in football.
The post you’re replying to…..isn’t even a response to you :lol:

The post with assists in it isn’t a response to you ?

The only post in response to you was the one where you had admitted Bruno hadn’t played well for over a season, relating to your use of stats to now suggest he had played well.

You’re getting involved in something that is completely unrelated to you, that you have no idea of the context of. Just stay out of it.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I think so yes. At worst I'd describe him as good. He does a lot of the invisible and unappreciated work. He also tends to play an important part in the build up, whether it's pressing or the pass before the assist.

I think Bruno no longer being the obvious standout player is healthy. No United player, unless they are a serious Ballon d'Or contender, should ever be so easy to pick out from the starting eleven as the best player. We got a very good defence and central midfield now, so Bruno will naturally become more invisible. This is OK as long as he keeps working hard and creating things, which he does.

We were too dependent on Bruno in his first 1.5 years in the club. Then we were dependent on no one because everyone sucked. Now we have plenty of good weapons and Bruno is one of them.
We will have to disagree on that. Great ? Overall he’s been bang average. His last two performances have been excellent and hopefully he’s on an upward trajectory finally.

I also disagree to an extent with the rest of the post. I look at the form and performances of Shaw, Pogba, Martial, Rashford and Greenwood in his first season and think Bruno was exceptional when he came in but we weren’t over reliant on him. His second season from September to December he was our best player, but and this isn’t his fault, we were a wreck at the start of that season and only really picked up from late November. From January of that season he was poor week in week out except the odd performance in the league and EL here and there and we relied on Greenwood, Rashford, Pogba, Shaw and Cavani at the end of the season.

He hasn’t been ‘great’ for a long time.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
@Jeppers7 we wont agree on Bruno, but why did you not include his first period as great? He had 12 goals and 8 assists in just 22 appearances and pretty much carried the team to 3rd place. He practically saved Ole's ass.

Bruno has been a goal and assist machine who generally creates a ton of chances. He's scoring and assisting less now, but I think his overall support to the team is much better than previously. It can't all be about statistics.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I see we have the usual suspect(s) trying to pretend that Fernandes hasn't been a lot better than Pogba ever was at United.

A quick look at his stats on Fbref vs Pogba's stats should blow that out of the water, clearly demonstrating that Bruno is much more creative and much better defensively (Pogba's tackling stats are a fecking joke). Except it won't. Because there's nowt so blind as those that will not see.

And these stats ignore arguably the most important quality in any footballer. Actually getting on the pitch and playing football. As opposed to being repeatedly injured. Often in an entirely different (much warmer) country. I hope I don't tempt fate here but Bruno seems to have that Ronaldo ability to make himself constantly available for selection. Which is a huge advantage in any player. I always think we don't think about this enough, when getting bogged down in other stats.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
And these stats ignore arguably the most important quality in any footballer. Actually getting on the pitch and playing football. As opposed to being repeatedly injured
Yes, Bruno's fitness and hard work are arguably just as important as his amazing output.

I honestly don't see what issue anyone could have with Bruno apart from occasional wastefulness in terms of trying to overcomplicate things.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Yes, Bruno's fitness and hard work are arguably just as important as his amazing output.

I honestly don't see what issue anyone could have with Bruno apart from occasional wastefulness in terms of trying to overcomplicate things.
He definitely struggled for a lot of last season. Impossible to know if this would have happened anyway, or if the “Ronaldo factor” affected him more than most. Certainly didn’t help his output being immediately taken off penalties and free-kicks. And once goals stop to flow that can have a knock on effect on confidence in front of goal.

Then we have the way that Ronaldo is such a domineering presence on the pitch, expecting to be on the end of all our creative play, despite his crappy conversion rate. Which will probably influence Bruno more than most. So there’s lots of reasons for his struggles last season. Struggles that seem to be much less of an issue the less Ronaldo features this season.

Real Name

Seems more secure and patient with the ball. Sure he still takes those hollywood passes which arent needed in situations in which he makse them but seems more organized and calm in his play.

romufc

He definitely struggled for a lot of last season. Impossible to know if this would have happened anyway, or if the “Ronaldo factor” affected him more than most. Certainly didn’t help his output being immediately taken off penalties and free-kicks. And once goals stop to flow that can have a knock on effect on confidence in front of goal.

Then we have the way that Ronaldo is such a domineering presence on the pitch, expecting to be on the end of all our creative play, despite his crappy conversion rate. Which will probably influence Bruno more than most. So there’s lots of reasons for his struggles last season. Struggles that seem to be much less of an issue the less Ronaldo features this season.
Its interesting everyone uses last season as a barometer of Bruno but he still created loads of chances.

I wouldn't judge any player based on last season only, no player was good.

We are now playing in a new system and he is still the one to start in the 10 role. He is chosen to be captain when Maguire is not playing, Ten Hag was not forced to do any of those.

He dropped Maguire and Ronaldo, you think he wouldn't drop Bruno? One poster told me he has to play because of his contract length.

Everyone rn raving about Antony and Lisandro's passion but Bruno has been like that since he came, he wants to fight for the team, the fans and his team mates.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
@Jeppers7 we wont agree on Bruno, but why did you not include his first period as great? He had 12 goals and 8 assists in just 22 appearances and pretty much carried the team to 3rd place. He practically saved Ole's ass.

Bruno has been a goal and assist machine who generally creates a ton of chances. He's scoring and assisting less now, but I think his overall support to the team is much better than previously. It can't all be about statistics.
I thought I said he was exceptional when he came in ? He was our best player in that period and the start of the next season.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I see we have the usual suspect(s) trying to pretend that Fernandes hasn't been a lot better than Pogba ever was at United.

A quick look at his stats on Fbref vs Pogba's stats should blow that out of the water, clearly demonstrating that Bruno is much more creative and much better defensively (Pogba's tackling stats are a fecking joke). Except it won't. Because there's nowt so blind as those that will not see.

And these stats ignore arguably the most important quality in any footballer. Actually getting on the pitch and playing football. As opposed to being repeatedly injured. Often in an entirely different (much warmer) country. I hope I don't tempt fate here but Bruno seems to have that Ronaldo ability to make himself constantly available for selection. Which is a huge advantage in any player. I always think we don't think about this enough, when getting bogged down in other stats.
:lol: Stats from last 365 days.

Absolute hypocrite

Post from Pogue Mahone in Pogba performance thread June 6th 2019 :-

Funny the way they restrict assists to open play but include all his penalties in the goals scored column.

Not to mention the usual caveat that players who rack up the most minutes will tend to top a lot of those stats and Pogba probably played more minutes than all the other midfielders he’s being compared with. Apart from, maybe, Jorginho?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
:lol: Stats from last 365 days.

Absolute hypocrite

Post from Pogue Mahone in Pogba performance thread June 6th 2019 :-

Funny the way they restrict assists to open play but include all his penalties in the goals scored column.

Not to mention the usual caveat that players who rack up the most minutes will tend to top a lot of those stats and Pogba probably played more minutes than all the other midfielders he’s being compared with. Apart from, maybe, Jorginho?
I have literally no idea what point you’re making here. A recurring problem every time I take you off ignore and wade through your assorted word salads.

Is there supposed to be a quote in that post ? If so, use the quote function.

Oh and the fbref stats I posted above (which you seem determined to ignore) are all per 90. Plus last 365 days includes all of Bruno’s worst form for United and excludes a lot of his best form.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Seems more secure and patient with the ball. Sure he still takes those hollywood passes which arent needed in situations in which he makse them but seems more organized and calm in his play.
Until Ronaldo plays again where he will turn into a pass to Ronaldo machine.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I have literally no idea what point you’re making here. A recurring problem every time I take you off ignore and wade through your assorted word salads.

Is there supposed to be a quote in that post ? If so, use the quote function.

Oh and the fbref stats I posted above (which you seem determined to ignore) are all per 90. Plus last 365 days includes all of Bruno’s worst form for United and excludes a lot of his best form.
Threads locked so no option to quote.

Yes because sample sizes wouldn’t matter at all to you would they? Oh wait....

Same as stats or penalty goals etc etc.

The funniest thing here is that you were trying to discredit stats during a period where one player had played well but are willing to credit stats for a player who unanimously has been poor for the majority of his last 90 appearances.

Similar to your appearance in the performance threads. For one you only piped up when he played poorly and the other you only pipe up when he plays well.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Shuffling him around is a bit weird, but I guess it's better to have him on the right than left. Anyway, I thought we could've given somebody a run in Bruno place but subbing him doesn't seem to be an option. He is playing all the minutes this season.

Marwood

Crazy he played another 90mins.

Rare event that. Bruno being quiet. Good or bad he's usally promiment.

Having said that still should have had a couple of assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.