6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

Easily our best signing in the last decade. Would have twice as many assists if our forwards could finish better in the three years he's been here.

The United

Spot on
I thought he was asked to play on the wings to not be crowded in the middle after having another attacker coming on. He was crowding out the middle with Ronaldo in the first half and it was very ineffective for both as they lack the dynamism and pace that Rashford has to make it work.

His weaknesses were not exposed much in games that that were there to be taken. But they were exposed badly in games like against Chelsea in playing that position.

Highfather_24

Reminds me of when Rafa Benitez used to play Gerrard on the right at times. Similar player too.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
It was more or less Ole's only tactic against counter attacking teams, have Bruno drop slightly deeper and pull outside to try to fire in a cross towards Cavani/Pogba/McT/Ronaldo/Martial. Used to work quite well until the dressing room fell apart as well.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If Bruno played with Lewandowski or Haaland he'd end most games with at least an assist. Nothing illustrates Ronaldo's drop off more than the amount of chances Bruno makes for him that go begging.

Sylar

Reminds me of when Rafa Benitez used to play Gerrard on the right at times. Similar player too.
Yeah, that came to mind too when seeing him out on the right especially second half putting in a cross. It will mean (esp with Ronaldo on the pitch) they dont occupy the same places. With our RB tucking in too it will make us better in terms of attacking.

Easily our best signing in the last decade. Would have twice as many assists if our forwards could finish better in the three years he's been here.
If we dont count RVP who was signed 10 years ago?

romufc

But But he has been one of our worst players?

Not only is he one of the best creators, he is also the most balanced in terms of shots to chances created.

No wonder ETH backs him in every game.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’d still say he’s the best signing we’ve made since fergie left. Before we signed him, we had absolutely no creativity at all. Now we’ve got it up the top and Ten Hag has made sure we’ve got it from deeper positions aswell with eriksen.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
At this moment there should be no doubt about that. No one comes close.
100%, although by the end of this season martinez could be up there as one of the most important signings. Transformed our style of play from the back.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I’d still say he’s the best signing we’ve made since fergie left. Before we signed him, we had absolutely no creativity at all. Now we’ve got it up the top and Ten Hag has made sure we’ve got it from deeper positions aswell with eriksen.
Not even close really. He's been the only genuine world class player we've had for a while.

Martinez is the only other player so far I can say "yep, genuine improvement". Upgrading from Lingard and Pereira to Fernandes, you only have to look at the results that followed.

No he isn't perfect, but he's cutting out a lot of his flaws in recent games and becoming way tidier. He looks less frustrated too which I think is a key thing. He seems to play worse the angrier he gets.

AFC NimbleThumb

Sometimes feels like this guy has a bet with himself about how not to play a simple pass, that one in the 92nd minute - wow.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What the hell was he doing at the end? Almost cost us the game. fecking idiot.
Horrid. It was the 92nd min and around 30 secs in and instead of making the simple pass to run the ball out wide, he did that

NK86

Sometimes feels like this guy has a bet with himself about how not to play a simple pass, that one in the 92nd minute - wow.
He was proper shite second half. The lack of ability to keep the ball is appalling. I understand that there's tiredness but we didn't press much either.

Ludens the Red

Genuinely glad he’s banned for next week. Played very well against Spurs and has followed it up really badly.

arnie_ni

Horrid. It was the 92nd min and around 30 secs in and instead of making the simple pass to run the ball out wide, he did that
I know he's suspended next game but I'd drop him for that alone. fecking fuming. Just play the simple pass and keep the ball.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Yeah I'm glad he's banned

It'll give him a rest and probably improve the team.

Telsim

I'm glad he is suspended next game. He needs rest and the team needs a rest from him.

Lecland07

He makes some very weird decisions. That one where he tried to find Ronaldo instead of crossing it to Rashford, who would be through on goal, just is indicative of what he can be like.

PoTMS

He has moments of brilliance, then moments of utter stupidity.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Very poor game, I thought the way we played and West Ham played, he was completely reduntant. He had a good passage of play after the goal, you can clearly see he thrives in chaos around the box, but other than that a bad game.

What's the point of keeping him so high up the pitch as part of the front 3?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The amount of times he costs us or almost costs is is getting ridiculous. Lack of intelligence of the highest order.

paulscholes18

Don’t get when he keeps getting put on the wings after subs, he should had been subbed off, then he would have been available for Villa.

-Supreme-

His inability of keeping the ball right at the end was infuriating to say the least

acnumber9

Shouldn’t ever be playing as a winger. He isn’t a winger. We have one sitting on the bench. It doesn’t improve us.

BorisManUtd

Such a stupid, stupid decision and it's not like he didn't do it in the past. It's part of his game I hate.

No Bruno for Villa away game so we'll see how can we do without him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
ridiculous that he played 90 minutes in every fecking game, even against minnows in EL. Now people are whining when he drop off in form.

Sylar

Him trying to set up ronaldo all the time is killing us. There are better options for a goal or better options to just retain like near the end. Frustrating to watch. It's like he's a beta compared to the alpha of Ronaldo

redshaw

Absolutely terrible play from him at the end and nearly cost us the 3 points giving the ball back in his own half so carelessly under no pressure. He can thank De gea and the rest of the defence for performing heroics.

There were other times before that near the end just giving the ball away. Such a crazy end to the game that could've been avoided.

Chief123

What on earth was that ball at the end!

Looks like Eriksen will play his position next game. Probably casemiro and Fred behind. Might be a blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.