Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Forgot about that half to be honest. Cant seem to remember Eriksen as 10. Did we play 433 in the first half?
If I remember right, it ended up being Casemiro and Eriksen deep with Fred as the #10. :houllier:

I could be conflating it with another game, but we definitely tried Fred there at least once.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don’t think Fred played as a 10 in that game. It was more a case of Casemiro anchoring midfield with both Fred and Eriksen playing with a fair bit of freedom ahead of him.

End result was the same though. Bruno was badly missed (as usual) and had to be subbed on at half time. He must have some kind of record for the player who gets subbed on the earliest. Every time he gets rested we go to shite and the manager ends up bringing him on off the bench extremely early.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
No Eriksen played as a 10 in that game. Casemiro and Fred started in the pivot.

Regardless, it is obvious that Bruno is our best 10 and ETH seems to agree with that. It also looks like he really rates Bruno, he does not even sub him in PL games, he plays 90 mins in most games.

I remember Ole getting criticised for this, Rangnick done the same and now ETH. There must be a reason 3 managers are all playing Bruno in the 10.
Yeah, but Ole and Rangnick didn't have an alternative. They also both played Maguire, so they arent a good argument.

Last edited:

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
I don’t think Fred played as a 10 in that game. It was more a case of Casemiro anchoring midfield with both Fred and Eriksen playing with a fair bit of freedom ahead of him.

End result was the same though. Bruno was badly missed (as usual) and had to be subbed on at half time. He must have some kind of record for the player who gets subbed on the earliest. Every time he gets rested we go to shite and the manager ends up bringing him on off the bench extremely early.
Its not like we won the game when he came on though. In fact we went from 0-0 to 0-1 after he came on if anything.
Fact is we have never tried Eriksen as a 10 with a double pivot behind him, as to compare if Bruno or Eriksen would be a better first choice in that position.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So pointless to play him wide (especially for fecking van de Beek who had about 18 touches all game). If he’s on the field play him through the middle to do what he’s good at.

Idxomer

The right-wing experience needs to stop, he was fine otherwise despite the normal frustration that comes with his decision-making.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

As others have said, stop playing him wide. The more involved he is in the game, the better is for us.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It's not his involvement that makes him poor on the right, it's the fact that he's possibly the worst dribbler of a football on the team barring a few defenders. So he offers 0 carry threat and has to just make those wide runs constantly, or he's a stationary passer.

It's not as clear through the middle because he receives the ball in the half space or runs beyond the backline unmarked

Scandi Red

Hates Music.

As others have said, stop playing him wide. The more involved he is in the game, the better is for us.
You can't argue with those numbers, but I bet someone in here will try to because he made a couple of poor decisions and attempts along the way :rolleyes:

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Without Ronaldo he is always great, solid 7-8/10 every game with some 9/10 along the way.
With Ronaldo he is always 5/10 and below.

Can’t make out why

Djemba-Djemba

Played out of position and didn't do much first half.

2nd half back where he should be playing he was much improved and by the end he was brilliant.

Really hope we stop seeing him on the wing. Makes no sense to have him stuck out there to accommodate someone as shite as Van de beek.

OrcaFat

So he does “give the ball away” a lot. Tonight a third of his passes went astray. I don’t really care that much. He gives the whole team momentum and he makes things happen. Very important player for us.

the_cliff

Interesting to see today and over the last 3 games that he's playing Bruno on the right, maybe it's because Antony's injured but it was interesting in the second half that he put Bruno in the middle when we were chasing and put him back on the right as soon as we were up. I think he feels we have less control in midfield when Bruno is in the middle and although we did come back and score 2, it was very chaotic for the 20 minutes Bruno was in the middle and we automatically looked a lot more solid when he was back out on the right.

This may not be true but just a thought.

So he does “give the ball away” a lot. Tonight a third of his passes went astray. I don’t really care that much. He gives the whole team momentum and he makes things happen. Very important player for us.
KdB had a 78% pass completion rate in his last game (vs. Fulham) and it’s often around that or lower. If you want players to constantly create, it comes with the territory.

OrcaFat

Interesting to see today and over the last 3 games that he's playing Bruno on the right, maybe it's because Antony's injured but it was interesting in the second half that he put Bruno in the middle when we were chasing and put him back on the right as soon as we were up. I think he feels we have less control in midfield when Bruno is in the middle and although we did come back and score 2, it was very chaotic for the 20 minutes Bruno was in the middle and we automatically looked a lot more solid when he was back out on the right.

It’s a horrible thought really. But interesting.

CloneMC16

Way better without #7. Our success is paramount on him performing. When he does well, we're far better. He does some braindead things at times, but you have to accept it for the chance creation he provides. Hid defensive work is also very good. All of our managers have played him every game he's available.

We need Antony back to stop the madness of him being put on the right.

The United

Yet, we had bad control in midfield in most of those recent games that we lost when Bruno was on the wing. In fact, we seemed to lose midfield control even when winning games in the second half when Bruno was constantly moved to the right.

That happened with one of the best DMs, a decent CM, and even crowding in the midfield to "control the midfield" in those games. Let's just say that ETH should go for dominating the game from start to finish like City instead of trying to tighten up in the second half, which we don't seem to do well at all.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I think him playing on the right and having the licence to roam is probably the best solution whilst Antony and Sancho are out. He looks to have a better partnership with Dalot than either of those players.

romufc

The difference in our intensity when he is on the pitch. He may not play well but he is always in the heart of it. Goal and assist today shows his importance to this team.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We need him, whether he's the right fit long term is irrelevant really. We play better with him on the pitch and nobody else brings that level of intensity there.

He's always switched on and his desire gives him that edge. The run for the equaliser and his instant reaction Garnacho picking up Olsen's loose kick are good examples of him being first to take advantage of an opportunity. He's a winner.

jesperjaap

It keeps being said that Bruno is wasteful, isn't creating chances and is living off what he was doing years ago. The stats say otherwise.

Both offensively and defensively we are hugely short when Bruno is absent. Nobody else gives us what he does. Even if Ten Hag radically reworked the team's shape and tactics, it's not clear that the upside of a United without Bruno would be better than a United with Bruno.
He has been more productive the last few games, but how anybody can dispute he is wasteful, come on. I hate these stats and talk of "we are not the same without him"....of course we arent as Eriksen is being played deeper and the other players used there have been VDB and Fred, both have been poor

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
He has been more productive the last few games, but how anybody can dispute he is wasteful, come on. I hate these stats and talk of "we are not the same without him"....of course we arent as Eriksen is being played deeper and the other players used there have been VDB and Fred, both have been poor
Hating stats doesn’t make them any less valid or convincing.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
It should be obvious how important he is to us just from looking at how much he was missed on Sunday. MotM for me yesterday.

EtH

The stats are comparing him to the best players in similar positions in the league. Have they all been “decidedly shite”?
That “stat” is just the sort of thing you and I would both scoff at if our opinion differed but as you don’t you’re championing it.

A bit weird.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
That “stat” is just the sort of thing you and I would both scoff at if our opinion differed but as you don’t you’re championing it.

A bit weird.
You think? Any examples of me scoffing at stats like that?

The one and only stat I’m sceptical about is team xG. I generally think individual players stats are very helpful and post/discuss them fairly frequently.

EtH

You think? Any examples of me scoffing at stats like that?

The one and only stat I’m sceptical about is team xG. I generally think individual players stats are very helpful and post/discuss them fairly frequently.
Ah perhaps I am misremembering something then. But either way Dalot is in the top ten in one of those stats and Xhaka in the other. Not exactly a reliable barometers IMO.

EtH

Dalot and Xhaka are both having very good seasons though?
I think Xhaka gets in on how good Arsenal have been overall as well as his penchant for a pelter from long range. Dalot on the other hand hasn’t been very good going forward at all IMO.

This is my problem with such stats. I am pretty certain a speculative effort or shit cross go down as “involvements” or “chances created” in the end. Perhaps I am wrong but then who the feck knows as no one really knows how these things are being defined which is why they vary so much from one stat tracker to the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.