Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Not being in a world 11 doesn't make him "not one of the best". There is only 1 #10 in the 11, and pretty much everyone picks De Bruyne. That's fine. But it's also a very tough ask to find who is #2 in the world as a 10 if it's not Bruno, based on the past 3 years. He's in that tier without a doubt behind De Bruyne. Which makes him one of the best.
Yeah. If KDB is the bottom standard of no. 10 world class, then who else are world class? Perhaps Messi (still questionable) and Neymar, and then?

jesperjaap

Last time I checked, goals win you games right? Goals are a stat and more goals you score and less you concede more chance of winning things?

I dont think its modern generation fans, people keep talking about the goals players in the past have scored as well.

I watch Bruno play, my eye test says he works really hard for the team, forces turnovers, creates chances and can chip in with a goal.

I dont know, maybe you prefer the players who can pass sideways and backwards but have no end product.

Find it ridiculous praisign a player for "working hard", should be the bare minimum, we should be chastising players thata dont.

And again I am no tsaying he isnt a good player, he is. But I am saying he isnt world class or one of the best in the world. I mean you are basially describing a good player yourself, hardly the description of a world class one. He has been better the last few months, he was excellent the start of his career here. He has been dreadful for a good 14months or so though in between those periods....that doesnt make him a bad player, many have failed here that are top top players.

My point is simply I dont see him as one of the worlds best or having been a briliant player here so far overall, despite what the stats seem o say, the whole reason I dotn believe in stats as a barometer for judging a player

jesperjaap

Not being in a world 11 doesn't make him "not one of the best". There is only 1 #10 in the 11, and pretty much everyone picks De Bruyne. That's fine. But it's also a very tough ask to find who is #2 in the world as a 10 if it's not Bruno, based on the past 3 years. He's in that tier without a doubt behind De Bruyne. Which makes him one of the best.
This is one of the main things I dont understand "performances of the last 3years"....I appreciate the best world eleven point, totally agree with that, but for at least 1/3 arguably half of the last 3 years, he has been poor for club and country, he seems to be living off the first 12months here (pver two seasons) in many eyes to me, he has been decent again the last few months....but it took a good year of him being as inconsistent as Pogba to get the same stick.

I dont get the number 10 point either, not many sides are even playing with a number 10 and Fernandes isnt really playing as one, there is a dearth of them in all honesty in the modern game, but CIty undoubletly for me have three better than Fernandes not jsut DeBruyne.

There are several younger players not yet at the biggest clubs i think are already better than Fernandes who can go on to be world class. Fernandes is at his peak and he isnt world class, for me he is mentioned in the bracket based on 12 months of his career in a period there arent many about, but there are a lot of young ones comign through.

Again he has been a good signing, but lets not pretend he hasnt been crap for several months during his spell here as he has been, last season for example he was nowhere near one of the best players in world football, there were several in the premiership were far far better than him, doesnt mean they are better players as most arent, but he hasnt been great the whole time here, far from it, he got a sparkly new contract of the back of a terrible season peformane wise

Idxomer

He has been carrying Portugal, easily their best player in those two games.

Zoo

What a player. Has run the game for Portugal tonight, at the very heart of everything.

BerryBerryShrew

The great thing about this for us United fans is that not only has Bruno scored twice but the circumstances of both goals will have irritated the narcissistic one no end (the first because he wanted it allocated to him and the second because Penaldo would have loved a chance to statpad with a soft pen). Beautiful stuff!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Deserved his hat trick then, he's having a great world cup

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Unlucky not to get hattrick..
What a player our Bruno is!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Leao, this. Felix, that. Bernardo… Portugal’s main man so far, no question.

Status
Not open for further replies.