Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Where’s @Jeppers7 & co. to tell us he’s shite?

The busiest poster in the thread does a great vanishing act when it suits.
Amen to that. Especially considering the way he seemed to come out of the woodwork in response to a fecking bat signal every time anyone dared criticise a certain other player…

Lyng

I have been a big critic but man is he shutting me up and I love it. Maybe I am reading to much into things but he seems back to his very best and I think the fact that this whole Ronaldo/ United thing is now resolved has been a mental burden liftet of Bruno. I am certain United will shine after the world cup

Witchking

Favourite player at the club after Martinez for me. Absolute mint. We need him at his best for the second half of the season if we have any chance of making top 4.

Dread Devil

Played brilliantly tonight…worked so hard defensively and offensively…he held on to the ball much more and made more calculated passes…

Morpheus 7

Worrying how much ground and effort he put in. He's going to be exhausted when he returns, excellent tonight.

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
As did the whole team. Now where have we seen this before?
The team went up a level, because it went down a level before Fernando Santos finally refreshed the midfield with Palhinha and Matheus Nunes.

the_cliff

His all round game today was excellent. When he keeps it simple he's one of the best around.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Besides the goals, Bruno’s passing game today was really sharp. He wasn’t at all as eager to go for the killer ball. Kept possession of it really well. Had what, 4-5 really good long crosses changing side of the pitch. He worked really hard to get open for passes breaking the lines.

I have had big issues with Bruno’s play for us, and especially how fast he goes for the killer ball. But when he plays like he did tonight, he plays at a high level for sure.

I am a big admirer of him off the pitch, how he handles himself. He just comes across as a really sharp guy. None of his problems are of the type that they are hard to “fix”. I definitely still have hopes that he can grow into someone who for us does what like a Modric have for Real.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Such a mint player. Deserved the hat trick.

And for the debate, I think he is the best signing we have made post - Sir AF. Martinez and Casemiro have been immense and I love them both but will reserve judgement on them being the best out of the time since the Great Man before saying either of them over Bruno. The number of goals, assists and general effect on play has been enormous and as seen, if you get fluid movement around him he can wreak havoc.

Sincerely hope he continues how he has been for us and Portugal for the remainder of the season.

Oranges038

When he plays luke he did yesterday he is so bloody good.

Delighted for him, having a great WC so far.

romufc

People say its not all about G/A but clearly is. Bruno has been playing the same way all season but without the G/A.

As soon as he gets a few goals and assists people talking as if he has had a crazy upturn in form. He's been playing this way for a while, which is why Ten Hag keeps him in the team.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
People say its not all about G/A but clearly is. Bruno has been playing the same way all season but without the G/A.

As soon as he gets a few goals and assists people talking as if he has had a crazy upturn in form. He's been playing this way for a while, which is why Ten Hag keeps him in the team.
Disagree fondly. We dont have much better options but even before "Ronaldo's" goal, I thought he was amazing. Very good in possession, constantly making good decisions on the ball and making good runs off it. Maybe Portugal just has more quality which is helping him.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
No botox
No foundations
No fake headers
No iron suit
Just plain Joga Bonito

This is the player that will carry Portugal. Not homelander

romufc

Disagree fondly. We dont have much better options but even before "Ronaldo's" goal, I thought he was amazing. Very good in possession, constantly making good decisions on the ball and making good runs off it. Maybe Portugal just has more quality which is helping him.
You disagree on what bit? That he hasn't played like that for United ? This is what I mean, he actually has, look at chances created, his work ethic and influence in the team.

Portugal has more quality? He played with Ronaldo at United.

Rashford, Sancho, Antony, Casemiro, Eriksen are less quality than the Portugese players?

LordSpud

He's the player of the tournament so far for me along with Mbappe. Just so good at the moment, a joy to watch.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
You disagree on what bit? That he hasn't played like that for United ? This is what I mean, he actually has, look at chances created, his work ethic and influence in the team.

Portugal has more quality? He played with Ronaldo at United.

Rashford, Sancho, Antony, Casemiro, Eriksen are less quality than the Portugese players?
Well it is not only the offense, the entire team is important as to which opportunities arise during the match. Unfortunately, we have barely played with Shaw, Martinez, Varane, Dalot, Casemiro, Bruno, Antony, Martial, Sancho/Eriksen.

He has been really poor at times for us, but is still obviously better than Eriksen/Donny as a 10.

His chance creation and work ethic will always be good, I dont think that's the problem. It is his playmaking and decision making that can be more off, he is having wonderful influence even from deeper so far this WC.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Bang in form. Great to see him bossing it on the world stage. Even better seeing him play this well after a patchy spell for us, hopefully he can continue this form and get back to being the monster he was when he first came to united.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Yes he has looked really lively... quite possibly will be alongside Casemiro in a team of the tournament...

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Is a player that people would adore at other clubs but undervalue when playing for us.

Literally every attack involves him.

Chief123

Is a player that people would adore at other clubs but undervalue when playing for us.

Literally every attack involves him.
I believe that’s one of the main reasons why we have some fans here who are so critical of him. Because everything goes through him, it’s easier to target him when things don’t go right.

Threesus

I believe that’s one of the main reasons why we have some fans here who are so critical of him. Because everything goes through him, it’s easier to target him when things don’t go right.
I mean, he is the only guy in the squad demanding the ball and make something happen with it. Rest are either passing sideways or backwards.

Chief123

I mean, he is the only guy in the squad demanding the ball and make something happen with it. Rest are either passing sideways or backwards.
I see it a common theme with Bruno. Because all our play goes through him, he can create 3 key chances in the game but will get attacked for 4 misplaced passes (which is the nature of a risk takers game). Whereas in the same match, we can have a winger who was anonymous and barely got a touch but he goes under the radar or criticism compared to Bruno.

romufc

The thing about Bruno is, he has come out and said, I will try the Hollywood passes, if it goes wrong he will take the blame for it.

He has already said hold me responsible if I get the pass wrong. He isn't someone who is shy's away from it.

Chief123

The thing about Bruno is, he has come out and said, I will try the Hollywood passes, if it goes wrong he will take the blame for it.

He has already said hold me responsible if I get the pass wrong. He isn't someone who is shy's away from it.
That’s why I love him. I would never want him to stop trying what he does. Yes, sometimes it looks ridiculous and terrible. But he gets it right a lot more then he gets it wrong.

We all lived through the recent years where we were dying for a creative midfielder after suffering tumescent sideways passing from the likes of Cleverley, Pereira, Lingard. Never want to end up back at that state.

Bruno’s creativity stats are ridiculous and up there amongst the best in Europe. I couldn’t care less if he gives the ball away a few times in the process.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I see it a common theme with Bruno. Because all our play goes through him, he can create 3 key chances in the game but will get attacked for 4 misplaced passes (which is the nature of a risk takers game). Whereas in the same match, we can have a winger who was anonymous and barely got a touch but he goes under the radar or criticism compared to Bruno.
The other thing is that Ten Hag isn’t exactly Pep Guardiola when it comes to possesion even though we are a possesion based team.

Our best games have been with possesion sometimes at 53% and our attacks coming from a nice flick of a pass of a player playing someone through in on goal.

I feel that some people think Bruno would be an irresponsible player at Man City and so is also one when playing for us.

Rolaholic

Shameless bastards :lol::houllier:, either way hell end up with 2 goals or 3 assists so far in the end

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

True both times. If United's attackers had converted the continual stream of chances Bruno makes for them he'd have the assists. The underlying data shows it. You can't be second or third for chances created in the Premier League, have a low assists number and it be your fault.

Look at the Fulham game: Bruno creates a 1 on 1 for Martial, gives Eriksen a good chance before half time, gives Elanga a 1 on 1 just after half time, creates the goal and what does the CAF focus on? Him keeping the ball in during the run up to Fulham's goal. Like it's his fault Shaw went to sleep at the far post for the millionth time.

Some people are determined to find fault with him. As if both Ten Hag and Santos being determined to keep playing him is wilful blindness on their part.

romufc

Shameless bastards :lol::houllier:, either way hell end up with 2 goals or 3 assists so far in the end
I really dont get this.. is it really that big of a deal that you have to go through all of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.