Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
If we get a midfielder or 2, he'll be displaced from the line up by Ericksen.

SungSam7

This makes me wonder. Do we expect him to be an efficient goalscorer because he was efficient or because he had a good record? I can't help but think about the amount of non penalty goals that he has scored and the amount of shots that he takes.
His goal scoring rate is a bit over inflated to be fair, he seemed to a penalty every other game during COVID, seemed to be the vocal point of our attack but ever since the start of last season, he just seems lost.

He doesn't have any idea on how keep the ball and every pass he makes, seems to be wrong one, when he does pick the right option, the pass is terrible.

We can't be waiting around to get his act together...

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Bruno biggest issue right now isn't his risky passes which he's curtailed since watching him play for Ten Hag, his issue is that he's unable to keep the ball even without attempting anything particularly difficult.

Whether it's his touch while receiving the ball(especially with his back to goal), or some simple passing in movement, he tends to feck up and lose the ball.

Physically he easily get brushed and players take away the ball from him like taking candies from a baby. This leads to any attempt at moving the ball into the final third almost impossible at times.

Like I said if we get a decent midfielder and another forward(or even with just have everyone fit with no one injured with our forwards), Bruno will be benched for Ericksen, that's pretty obvious to me.

Drz

I didn't quite agree with the "wastefulness" argument some posters brought-up last year, with regards to his passing/creativity.
But his poor finishing from good positions is now really annoying me, doesn't even get his shots on target.

Bobski

Utd need someone more elusive in that type of role, someone who can take the ball under pressure, step away from challenges and play effectively with their back to goal. It is a significant weakness in his game.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
A fully functioning midfield doesn’t include him.

Jacob

I can't stand him anymore. The sight of him alone makes my blood boil. Incredibly wasteful and erratic, thinks he's better than he is.

Tony247

What encouragement he receives that makes him send wasteful hoofballs every now and then?

DarkXaero

He needs to be dropped permanently and Eriksen needs to play over him. Bruno will end up becoming the terrible albatross contract at the club now (you can argue he already is), but we have to accept that before it's too late, and drop him.

CloneMC16

Been terrible for a year. He stat padded a shit tonne in his first year. Since that has dried up, we're seeing what he really is. I think the club made a mistake giving him that new contract. Missed our best chance in the first half. He was doing that all throughout last season. Missing sitters and putting great chances over the bar.

In an ideal world, Eriksen takes his place.

Red00012

How has he got so crap in possession

i mean he was assisting and scoring before but I don’t think he was that rubbish in possession even then

TsuWave

i mean he was assisting and scoring before but I don’t think he was that rubbish in possession even then
He was. Go look at the comments in his previous performance threads and you'll see plenty people highlighting his shortcomings.

The only difference is he was bagging a pen or assist here and there, but on the ball he's a bum.

Even when you speak of his output, even when he was putting numbers on the board, a considerable number of his "assists" were comical. A lot of nothing passes. I have spoken about this before, here:

its even more comical when you go watch the goals and a substantial number of the assists credited to him were nothing passes which Mason, Martial and Rashford turned into worldies by going on slalom runs before scoring
and you can see some examples in this video:

that's not to say all his assists were like that, but a significant number were. I never understood the "Cantona mk.II" shouts this fraud was getting

GoldanoGraham

Just don’t understand how he has fallen so far so quick. He was dynamite during covid - however since last season he really does not warrant a starting place - wtf did we go and give him a whopping new contract?

He, is for me, alongside Rashford, the most out of form player we have. Being dropped would probably do him the world of good. I know it would benefit the team.

dubplate warrior

Just don’t understand how he has fallen so far so quick. He was dynamite during covid - however since last season he really does not warrant a starting place - wtf did we go and give him a whopping new contract?

He, is for me, alongside Rashford, the most out of form player we have. Being dropped would probably do him the world of good. I know it would benefit the team.
People keep confusing good performances with good numbers.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Went to shite since fans were allowed back.
Pretty much. People are (rightly) on Rashford for squandering chances left, right, and centre, but Bruno has really been wasteful for months now.

I'm yet to be convinced he can function in a progressive side.

Sea-Cow

I can't stand him anymore. The sight of him alone makes my blood boil. Incredibly wasteful and erratic, thinks he's better than he is.
All that "passhun" is great fun when he's banging in goals and assists every week. But when his productivity is completely gone and its mistake after mistake after mistake, the constant yelling at the ref, going down dramatically, looking miserable etc etc it really starts to grate on my nerves.

lsd

The Oracle
Where did the Bruno we all knew and loved go?

I keep hoping he will turn this around but I'm starting to really worry for him now

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Where did the Bruno we all knew and loved go?

I keep hoping he will turn this around but I'm starting to really worry for him now
Where did your one touch football go?
Where is the player I used to know?
How could you lose that happy glow?
Oh Bruno no.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's amazing how weak he is. Not cut out for this league.

Guapa

I honestly think he is our biggest problem.We expect a certain level from him and indulge his floating around the pitch and it's hurting us big time. Needs to be dropped.

Adisa

Look at the date that video was released.
I said at the time the guy had a point. Bruno is an abomination in possession.

Adisa

How has he got so crap in possession

He has always been like this. Ask Sporting fans. They warned us.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Why does he always spend so long on the floor? Every tackle on him rolling around or with his face in the turf, pretending he's hurt. Get up and get on with it.

Adisa

Why does he always spend so long on the floor? Every tackle on him rolling around or with his face in the turf, pretending he's hurt. Get up and get on with it.
The midfield version of Alvaro Morata. He's not cut out for the physical stuff

Red00012

Eriksen will be ahead of him before season end

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Bruno wasn't great today but at least he's not afraid to put in a cross. Our FB's are so f***ing reluctant to put in a cross I'm starting to think we should try and convert Bruno into a RB. And now because I said that and most of TheCaf takes everything so literally, I'm absolutely, 100% positive that there will be people here who will think I'm actually suggesting to turn Bruno into a RB

Sylar

This is what annoys me about him. It would be something different if it was him being a shithouse when we are leading 1-0 and holding on and hes winning nothing free kicks and wasting time

But he basically does it at times that are not good at all.

Leftback99

Another player we should consider cashing in on over the summer before his stock becomes worthless
Good luck trying to find someone to take his £300k a week on that we just gave him for no reason.

Leftback99

This is what annoys me about him. It would be something different if it was him being a shithouse when we are leading 1-0 and holding on and hes winning nothing free kicks and wasting time

But he basically does it at times that are not good at all.
He was doing it around the 85th minute today. Infuriating.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Should never have been signed, should have been sold instead of extending a contract that had 3 more years on it, and now we’ll spend the next couple of years moving him from position to position trying to find one that we can play him regularly where he can cause least disruption. Too many players in our squad just lack the basic ability to play at the very highest level. Sadly for us, most of them seem to be in our midfield.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Another player we should consider cashing in on over the summer before his stock becomes worthless
Wishful thinking. No one outside of England really has the money (outside of PSG, Bayern etc). A few loans to Italy before a paltry transfer fee will probably be the best case scenario.

DON’T PANIC ™

If he’d scored that opportunity in the first half I’d say the team’s confidence would have soared and we’d have won the match. Terrible miss in the context of the match.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Rashford n Bruno have forgotten how to play football and Sancho has barely had 5 good games in a Utd shirt.

Erik really does have his work cut out as those three players are unsellable due to their wages.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Loan to Inter Milan. Seems the most well travelled route for such players.

Status
Not open for further replies.