6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyng

Bruno is great for us. I just wish Ten Hag would stop shoving him out right and actually use some young wingers instead.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Leaving aside his merits as an attacking midfielder, he is in no way a right winger. Hate seeing him there, removes any outlet from the pitch and we get pinned back by the opposition.

An enigma. Poor in general play (he normally is) but is a chance creating machine. Created 2 today and put it on a plate for Pellistri there with a magnificent ball, before a Scholes esque finish.

Love him :drool:

lex talionis

Job done. Bruno has a fantastic fitness record but I’d like to see him get more rest. There’s still so much heavy lifting in front of us.

Alemar

Good goal, and it was important as he had a few very bad shots beforehand.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Bad in the first half, better in the second. Nice finish.

100 goals and assists in what constitutes more or less precisely 3 full seasons now! That is honestly crazy when you consider that 1 of those 3 seasons was the worst United season in the Premier League era. He's been an incredible signing for us.

Djemba-Djemba

I love Bruno and always defend him but he had a poor game overall and that little period before the 2nd goal he seemed to have lost the plot.

Still though, even when he's poor he can still provide moments of quality and his goal was a lovely finish. I hope if we do win the League Cup he's the one who lifts it as skipper, he deserves it more than anyone.

He's back among the goals too , good sign for the rest of the season. 3 in his last 4.

Fergies Formula

I just feel that he needs to play it a little bit simpler. Its part of what makes him the player that he is but he could be a lot better if he had a degree of more patience and composure.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Dunno about that performance. He seems to let big occasions get to him and tries overplaying it or tries being too clever. Very well taken goal and he played a huge part in the build up to it as well.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
This season's been pretty good considering Ronaldo
Not sure what you mean? Ronaldo was poor this season after being our best player last season, but he started four games? He’s been gone for months and rightly so. United shouldn’t have 37 year old forwards and ETH picked up on that from the get go and didn’t play him.

Dan_F

Staggering drop off
He’s on course for 20 goals and similar assists as the rest of the seasons. Staggering, or just the fact that we don’t need him to do absolutely everything now?

You’d think that other number 10s never give the ball away the way that people on here go on about him during the games. He tried a flick and there’s about 10 posts crying about it. Bore off.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not sure what you mean? Ronaldo was poor this season after being our best player last season, but he started four games? He’s been gone for months and rightly so. United shouldn’t have 37 year old forwards and ETH picked up on that from the get go and didn’t play him.
:lol: Looks like Bruno and Pogba aren’t your only blind spots.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Because his previous numbers were unreal?

He's still on course to 30+ goals and assists, which is good for a number 10.
To be fair we were never going to keep getting 20 pens a season post Klopp.

I don’t want to talk about his performance too much because I live with the constant threat of being banned for not thinking Bruno has been brilliant the last two years but there is a massive issue in that some you think coming on here with stats after watching an absolutely horrific performance from Bruno over 90 mins somehow removes that. It’ll be the same in 3/4 days time. The performance analysis after most games is that he played poorly but the stat merchants come out days later to tell us he’s been better than Dusan Tadic.

That’s my only comment performance wise, his stats have fallen off a cliff since we stopped getting pens and he’s scored a third of his goals this season in the last four games. Hopefully it continues because it’s been a long time since he was a regular scorer in the position he plays.

Great finish tonight and that goal really settled the tie. Well done.

kundalini

Scored with a decent shot from Elanga's pass. Created big chance for Antony and provided pass for earlier shot wide. Plenty of poor touches, rubbish crosses, caught in possession. Shot wide from very long distance, that seemed a ridiculous choice.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
and he’s scored a third of his goals this season in the last four games.
Yeah, well that's football. Goals and assists can come in waves.

The fact that he managed almost 30 goals and assists last season too(I thought it was way less) is a testament to how lethal he is compared to most attacking midfielders. Overall he's been an absolute gem for us, and I feel sorry for you if you can't see or appreciate that.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Staggering drop off
Not really. You just need to remove penalties (as you generally should when judging a player's output) to normalise them. Because of course getting 10 league penalties as he did in 20/21 versus 2 league penalties in the last season and a half combined has an impact on his gross tally.

His league output minus penalties over recent years.

17/18 - 9 goals, 8 assists.
18/19 - 14 goals, 13 assists.
19/20 - 8 goals, 14 assists.
20/21 - 9 goals, 12 assists.
21/22 - 10 goals, 6 assists.
22/23 (so far) - 4 goals, 4 assists.

Considering he switched leagues in the middle of that, played in teams going through wildly different seasons of form and had his role tweaked during different phases, I'd say his output has been relatively consistent. More so than someone like a KDB, for example.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
:lol: Looks like Bruno and Pogba aren’t your only blind spots.
:lol: You’re a fecking meme of yourself. Literally I can’t believe that you can’t see past your dislike of certain players, or personalities, to just be able to analyse performance.

Criticising a player for 89% pass completion and posting stats on another defending 69% pass completion. Both players play the difficult pass. Both players aren’t the type to only play the easy square pass. Both will look to create.

I mean you’ve put a laughing emoji at 24 goal Ronaldo, who got us out of the CL group stages and gave us any hope of a top four place, only for that to be destroyed at Arsenal by one player, won us big games and scored Big goals. So yeah….you must have a list of players who were better than Ronaldo last season. Go on then reel them off?

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Yeah, well that's football. Goals and assists can come in waves.

The fact that he managed almost 30 goals and assists last season too(I thought it was way less) is a testament to how lethal he is compared to most attacking midfielders. Overall he's been an absolute gem for us, and I feel sorry for you if you can't see or appreciate that.
Eh ?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Not really. You just need to remove penalties (as you generally should when judging a player's output) to normalise them. Because of course getting 10 league penalties as he did in 20/21 versus 2 league penalties in the last season and a half combined has an impact on his gross tally.

His league output minus penalties over recent years.

17/18 - 9 goals, 8 assists.
18/19 - 14 goals, 13 assists.
19/20 - 8 goals, 14 assists.
20/21 - 9 goals, 12 assists.
21/22 - 10 goals, 6 assists.
22/23 (so far) - 4 goals, 4 assists.

Considering he switched leagues in the middle of that, played in teams going through wildly different seasons of form and had his role tweaked during different phases, I'd say his output has been relatively consistent. More so than someone like a KDB, for example.
How has it been more consistent than KDB?

3 17
19 14
10 18
16 23
6 11
12 21

KDB has almost doubled Bruno’s output in that time, without mentioning he has performed to a world class standard

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What's confusing? 28 is "almost 30".

But we're not gonna see eye to eye on this. You, for reasons I will never understand, don't seem to rate Bruno. You're entitled to your opinion.
24 isn’t though.

I don’t think Bruno is playing well and hasn’t for a long time consistently, so stats don’t do it for me like they do for you. But yes I agree. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. He scored an excellent goal tonight and it real,y put the tie to bed.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
:lol: You’re a fecking meme of yourself. Literally I can’t believe that you can’t see past your dislike of certain players, or personalities, to just be able to analyse performance.

Criticising a player for 89% pass completion and posting stats on another defending 69% pass completion. Both players play the difficult pass. Both players aren’t the type to only play the easy square pass. Both will look to create.

I mean you’ve put a laughing emoji at 24 goal Ronaldo, who got us out of the CL group stages and gave us any hope of a top four place, only for that to be destroyed at Arsenal by one player, won us big games and scored Big goals. So yeah….you must have a list of players who were better than Ronaldo last season. Go on then reel them off?
Still banging the Pogba drum, God love you. And you call me a meme?!

Both assist? Both play the difficult pass? Good one. Did you even read Bruno’s assists record in that tweet higher up the thread? How does that compare to Pogba’s?

And if you can find a post of mine criticising any player ever for 89% pass completion please share it. As I suspect you’re talking out your hole on that one. As per usual.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That was probably the worst game I've ever seen him play tbh. Woeful today. Excellent finish at the end mind you.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
How has it been more consistent than KDB?

3 17
19 14
10 18
16 23
6 11
12 21

KDB has almost doubled Bruno’s output in that time, without mentioning he has performed to a world class standard
Eh? These are KDB' league goals/assist (minus penalties) over that time as per fbref.

17/18 - 8 goals, 16 assists
18/19 - 2 goals, 2 assists
19/20 - 11 goals, 20 assists
20/21 - 4 goals, 12 assists
21/22 - 15 goals, 8 assists
22/23 (so far) - 3 goals, 11 assists

Even discounting 18/19 when he missed a lot of time out with injury, it's fairly clear KDB's season on season returns varied more than those of Bruno I posted above.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Still banging the Pogba drum, God love you. And you call me a meme?!

Both assist? Both play the difficult pass? Good one. Did you even read Bruno’s assists record in that tweet higher up the thread? How does that compare to Pogba’s?

And if you can find a post of mine criticising any player ever for 89% pass completion please share it. As I suspect you’re talking out your hole on that one. As per usual.
Where are you getting the ‘both assist’ quote from? #Positions matter

Status
Not open for further replies.