Squad Number: #18
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2026
Contract Option: Player Optional 1 Year
Date of Last Contract Extension: Apr 1, 2022
Outfitter: Nike​

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think he'll actually have a good season

(This post will be quoted and laughed at in 6-9 months)

Raw

Gonna be interesting to see how he does when under a coach that doesn't just let him do what he wants.

Skills

Snitch
Gonna be interesting to see how he does when under a coach that doesn't just let him do what he wants.
I think he'll be fine. De Bruyne loses the ball at a similar rate, it's just that Guardiola makes sure it's in positions where the risk Vs reward is in their favour.

Raw

I think he'll be fine. De Bruyne loses the ball at a similar rate, it's just that Guardiola makes sure it's in positions where the risk Vs reward is in their favour.
I hope so. He certainly has the eye for a killer pass, just got to give him more opportunities and the space to do so.

Olecurls99

He'll sink or swim with the team. He needs the ball in dangerous positions to thrive otherwise he'll start straying back into murky waters.

Blind volleys to full back waters

Renegade

He benefits the most if Ronaldo goes!

He was playing little brother last season it was embarrassing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Got #8 officially now that Mata left (Malacia #12). I expect we'll see him as part of the front 3 and not the midfield 3 this season, but anyway. I don't know what to think about him coming up this season. I don't think he suits a false 9 role, i think he is capable of playing in a more controlled fashion but still generally is someone who will always try killer balls and is incapable of slowing play down (unlike Eriksen). That's why I think he'll be in the front 3 and not the midfield 3. Whether he can actually work on the wings or through the middle or not... We'll see. But i really can't imagine us buying Eriksen to be a depth piece.

Olecurls99

I can see him playing off the left. He has the work rate to put in a shift down that side and then he can go roaming in the final third from there.

The man is an assist machine. We just need him in the right positions.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I can see him playing off the left. He has the work rate to put in a shift down that side and then he can go roaming in the final third from there.

The man is an assist machine. We just need him in the right positions.
why off the left, he will play through the middle or a false 9 as I can see it but we have many good or better players who are suited to the left, read Sancho, Rashford, Elanga. Bruno is not very quick but works hard when he's on it he should play through the middle, wouldn't mind him even as part of a double no8 in front of a 6, like Pep introduced but never from the left which is well occupied

Olecurls99

why off the left, he will play through the middle or a false 9 as I can see it but we have many good or better players who are suited to the left, read Sancho, Rashford, Elanga. Bruno is not very quick but works hard when he's on it he should play through the middle, wouldn't mind him even as part of a double no8 in front of a 6, like Pep introduced but never from the left which is well occupied
I'm not saying he stays out there. He can go where he wants when we have the ball.

He's far better than Elanga, Rashford has a lot to prove and I think Sancho will play on the right (we need someone out there). Ronaldo hasn't left yet so he'll stay up front.

If we get Eriksen I can see Bruno getting moved out left. Like I say Shaw will provide the width and Bruno can find pockets to do his damage.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He benefits the most if Ronaldo goes!

He was playing little brother last season it was embarrassing.
In what way was it embarrassing ? Bruno’s performances and effect on the team overall were certainly embarrassing. Ronaldo was the only good outfield player overall.

Renegade

In what way was it embarrassing ? Bruno’s performances and effect on the team overall were certainly embarrassing. Ronaldo was the only good outfield player overall.
Constant pandering to Ronaldo.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Constant pandering to Ronaldo.
In what world was missing open nets, chance after chance in games like Watford at home, crucial penalties and gifting teams goals with ridiculous passes the result of pandering to Ronaldo?

Nobody pandered to Ronaldo, they were simply embarrassingly poor.

buckooo1978

As our transfer window progresses and the apparent funds available/lack of obvious transfer targets I think he will be filling a Dusan Tadic role next year in a fluid front 3.

Given his directness it could be a good use of Bruno and he could flourish as a false 9.

Last edited:

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
As our transfer window progresses and the apparent funds available/lack of obvious transfer targets he will be filling a Dusan Tadic role next year in a fluid front 3.

Given his directness it could be a good use of Bruno and he could flourish as a false 9.
What's wrong with just playing people in their actual positions? It's crazy how often new roles/ positions are mooted for players, very few players ever successfully switch roles/ positions, he's a number 10 behind the striker, he doesn't have the ability to hold the ball up, play with back to goal and many other qualities a #9 needs.

buckooo1978

What's wrong with just playing people in their actual positions? It's crazy how often new roles/ positions are mooted for players, very few players ever successfully switch roles/ positions, he's a number 10 behind the striker, he doesn't have the ability to hold the ball up, play with back to goal and many other qualities a #9 needs.
There's nothing wrong with that.... in this situation consider the factors though

1. Ronaldo wanting away
2. Martial reliability
3. Signing Ericksen
4. Our performance in the transfer market
5. Bruno's style - His directness is in contrast to a ETH style
6. Tadic role at Ajax under ETH
7. No Youth strikers ready it would seem

I'd love United to surprise us and bring in Lewandowski but thats not happening is it? We're looking at a 50 game season most likely with the Europa League - given all the factors I think we could see Bruno up there

Olecurls99

There's nothing wrong with that.... in this situation consider the factors though

1. Ronaldo wanting away
2. Martial reliability
3. Signing Ericksen
4. Our performance in the transfer market
5. Bruno's style - His directness is in contrast to a ETH style
6. Tadic role at Ajax under ETH
7. No Youth strikers ready it would seem

I'd love United to surprise us and bring in Lewandowski but thats not happening is it? We're looking at a 50 game season most likely with the Europa League - given all the factors I think we could see Bruno up there
I agree. I can see him getting used up front by Teny because he's not a great possession 10 unlike Eriksen. We would really be maximising his skillset by playing him off the left or right with a Rashford and Ronaldo/Martial making runs for him.

OverratedOpinion

Bruno Fernandes time at United

First 1 and a half seasons - Absolute talisman, one of the best players in the league.

Last season - Players slowly roll the ball into him in midfield and expect him to make something out of nothing with a static frontline and terrible midfield. He creates the second most chances in the country and scores double digits from midfield.

Now fans act like he is crap :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Bruno Fernandes time at United

First 1 and a half seasons - Absolute talisman, one of the best players in the league.

Last season - Players slowly roll the ball into him in midfield and expect him to make something out of nothing with a static frontline and terrible midfield. He creates the second most chances in the country and scores double digits from midfield.

Now fans act like he is crap :lol:
He was poor the second half of the season before last.
Remember when we were all saying he was knackered?

OverratedOpinion

I do remember that and honestly when I watch him (even last season), I see one of our few players who constantly try to press (doesn't do it well but not his fault entirely) always has a good first touch, never hides, creates chances and scores goals. He can lose the ball but often because he is playing in a terrible system with very little movement and has to try overly risky things to create an opportunity when we are a goal down.

Skills

Snitch
I think he was poor, but that I'm starting to think was because of Cavani. I think to a lesser degree Cavani posed the same problem to Bruno, as Ronaldo has. Bruno's best form has come coupled with Martial

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Some class moments from him in the first half there.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not sure how he'll be used when Eriksen comes. Can confidently say he'll be key though. Too much talent combined with a great work rate not to be used.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Its funny how some people convinced themselves that Bruno would be disregarded by Ten Hag. He's such a good player, which he showed again today.

He's been insanely good playing without much of a system. Just imagine how good he will be playing in a defined system that works to his strengths.

romufc

I cannot see how football fans actually think Donny would bench him. I mean him at 50% is still better than Donny.

So many people criticise McTominay for hiding, Donny was a ghost 2nd half, yet I am told he will bench Bruno.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Its funny how some people convinced themselves that Bruno would be disregarded by Ten Hag. He's such a good player, which he showed again today.

He's been insanely good playing without much of a system. Just imagine how good he will be playing in a defined system that works to his strengths.
I gave up in the end.

Sylar

His best stuff has come when he's had rashford martial and generally faster players ahead of him and not dropping into the space he likes

Status
Not open for further replies.