6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

Not had a good pre-season at all. He looks a shadow of the player who joined us from Sporting.

TOKUGAWA-X

Bruno is not a ball posession player, ETH should use him as a false 9.

Eriksen is better than him in the ETH system.

Red_toad

Think he was our worst player today. Want him to be integral to the team being successful, but he’s probably lost the ball more than anyone in the team during the preseason, really needs to get his mojo back as soon as possible.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Lockdown player. Nothing more. Should look to sell asap.

Eddy_JukeZ

He was awful today.

Brutal passing on so many levels.

People don't focus on it much, but he's a big liability when he gets pressed.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Bruno is not a ball posession player, ETH should use him as a false 9.

Eriksen is better than him in the ETH system.
This is what I want - he shoots goals, makes passes and presses.

His risky passing would be less dangerous the further up the pitch.

gajender

How would a false nine who can't hold the ball , falls down even against slightest touch and is generally useless in congested areas of the pitch would work, he would be exposed even further .

Olecurls99

He can't deal with being pressed. How is that gonna work out at number 9? He either has the ball taken off him or he goes down looking for a foul.

Olecurls99

How would a false nine who can't hold the ball , falls down even against slightest touch and is generally useless in congested areas of the pitch would work, he would be exposed even further .
What he said :lol:

Olecurls99

should play as a left midfielder that cuts in
Yeah I think that's where he could be useful. None of the build up play, just getting the ball in the final 3rd where he can work his magic.

Mainoldo

Let’s be honest. He needs upgrading… However because our club works so slow it will take two years for this to happen.

Whilst he’s continually playing like Nolan from Bolton.

-Supreme-

Glad we now have Eriksen who is more than capable of challenging his place without eating into our transfer budget for other priority areas.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Whilst it’s been nice seeing him tone down the Hollywood ball, he’s been bang average through pre season. Bang average is an upgrade on his last 18 months and more useful to the teams dynamic but I’m not sure it warrants a place unless he gets the balance right between being a functional footballer at which he looks decent at best, and also having the levels of impact which make him useful.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Who are you replacing? And why do you think that would be best for the TEAM?

lost7

Still too early to judge whether he's gonna fit Ten Hag's philosophy. I am worried, though

Robbie Boy

I'm definitely losing faith in him. He's nowhere near the level we initially thought he was.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm definitely losing faith in him. He's nowhere near the level we initially thought he was.
He was a player bought for a counter attacking high transition system. He excelled in that system but as soon as we tried to move away from such a system in the latter half of 20/21 season his performance started dropping off, though he had such a stellar first half of the season that his stats for the full season were very good.

It's been clear from day one what his strengths and weakness are and I don't get these comments of people saying his levels have dropped. He was never an elite player. It's also something our scouting department knew as this was heavily reported that in summer of 2019 the reason we didn't sign him was we felt he gave the ball away too often and at the price Sporting quoted we felt that was too big a liability. But our poor start to that seaon coupled with Sporting lowering their price led us to signing him in desperation.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He was a player bought for a counter attacking high transition system. He excelled in that system but as soon as we tried to move away from such a system in the latter half of 20/21 season his performance started dropping off, though he had such a stellar first half of the season that his stats for the full season were very good.

It's been clear from day one what his strengths and weakness are and I don't get these comments of people saying his levels have dropped. He was never an elite player. It's also something our scouting department knew as this was heavily reported that in summer of 2019 the reason we didn't sign him was we felt he gave the ball away too often and at the price Sporting quoted we felt that was too big a liability. But our poor start to that seaon coupled with Sporting lowering their price led us to signing him in desperation.
Don’t agree with that at all.

Was this just a -layer benefiting from an elite coaching and tactical setup?

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Don’t agree with that at all.

Was this just a -layer benefiting from an elite coaching and tactical setup?
Definitely a player benefitting from a tactical setup. And there are countless examples of good players having great couple of seasons, doesn't make them elite or world class players. In his position elite players would be KDB or Bernardo Silva ( though they play a different role). He's just not of that level.

Edit- By the way, I'm not saying he's rubbish or we should sell him. Just that he's not an elite level player, if that's the level people are expecting from him consistently, then they'll be disappointed.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I also don't get people being disappointed.
He is not showing anything we didn't see in his first 6 months.
Furthermore, Sporting fans explicitly told us his general play was frustrating months before we signed him. There were news articles that our scouts had serious doubts about him and that was why we didn't sing him in the summer of 2019.
What he has going for him is a great engine, an ability to play difficult passes, a good shot on him and a fairly decent attitude. We were told these things before he signed.
Long term, I can't see how he doesn't end up on the bench. His use of the ball is very very poor for the position he plays. It was telling that it was Bruno that was shunted wide when in fact Eriksen is very comfor playing wide midfield.
A team with him as the main creative hub will always struggle in possession.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Fernandes-signing-midfielder-took-risks.html
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-scouts-advised-against-18937782.amp

Last edited:

Olecurls99

Very good post

To be fair though he did create the 2nd most chances or something last year. Its the enigma of Bruno. Very good at creating but not that good in possession.

Last edited:

Darlington Padgett

Of course we gave him an extension and paid him more after his worse season here! Buch of clowns in charge

slored1

Bench him. Looks like a worse version of Rooney after Fergie left.

lost7

Gets bullied so often, his finishing is still shyte (how did he miss that first chance?) but as always he will create chances. That's not good enough anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.