6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The United

Bruno was low on confidence last season. It’s understandable: he is a team player who cares about state of the things.

Because of McFred inability to progress the ball Bruno had to be “glue”. He dropped deep, triggered pressing, made runs forward.

Then he just gassed out. Faded with the team.

Now we have Eriksen who can deliver ball to Bruno in the final third. And look what he can do.

people writing him off have a very short memory. Or just don’t watch the game
I think Ole expected Pogba to play where Eriksen is playing right now, a deep lying player, to get the ball to Bruno further up. That didn't work in general the whole time, and no one else could do it as well and the whole thing just got worse over the time last year.

Flying_Heckfish

Bruno did well against Leicester and this was an even better performance, he's starting to get his angles again. He just needs to get a few of those kind of passes right and maybe score a couple of goals and he will get his confidence back. If we can get back the Bruno from 2020/2021, we're going to be really fun to watch this season if the team keeps progressing this fast.
Yup. His top level is absolutely WC, people writing him off after that circus of a season will soon see he does have it in him to get back there.

He will need to evolve his game a bit for the more possession-based game we'll have to adopt, but I have absolute confidence he can do it now we have proper coaching.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Yup. His top level is absolutely WC, people writing him off after that circus of a season will soon see he does have it in him to get back there.

He will need to evolve his game a bit for the more possession-based game we'll have to adopt, but I have absolute confidence he can do it now we have proper coaching.
100%. It was not just him that was poor, the whole team was poor like there was something really wrong with the dressing room. Bruno has got what it takes to be the best creator in the league like he did in his first year and a half here. We will see that Bruno again this season.

ThinkTank@Cafe

I think Ole expected Pogba to play where Eriksen is playing right now, a deep lying player, to get the ball to Bruno further up. That didn't work in general the whole time, and no one else could do it as well and the whole thing just got worse over the time last year.
Pogba could play that role. He is very talented. But he is just a big kid. Can’t focus, can’t be responsible, can’t stand frustration and keep working.

Eriksen is a very serious grown up man. He is the spider in the middle of the web and he actually realizes who he is.

scottser

Great to see Bruno back enjoying his football. Rashford too.
I'm a bit pissed.
Happy days

Real Name

Another captain's performance. One of the best games in United shirt, even counting the period when he came and did all those goals and assists. Popped up all over the pitch, made a pass for 1st, assist for 2nd and then again pass for 3rd goal. Watching his combinations with Eriksen is pure sex.

Oranges038

Not as sloppy on the ball today, more composed. This is the kind of Bruno we need to see more of, the passes for the 2nd and 3rd goals were quality.

SER19

If de Bruyne had played that pass for second goal parts of this forum would lose their minds

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Fantastic performance and that's the difference between playmakers like Odegaard and him, he plays his football on the edge, his work-rate is electric and this is the result.

lex talionis

A completely insane pass by Bruno. This is no day to take shots at Bruno so I’ll just say that if he can cut down just a little bit on the hopeless balls but still look for passes like the assist today, he’s back to top form.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Fantastic performance and that's the difference between playmakers like Odegaard and him, he plays his football on the edge, his work-rate is electric and this is the result.
Bruno's passing is usually quite erratic and attempts passes that have a very low success ratio - but with space in behind (and teams playing a high line) the margin for error decreases, allowing him to capitalise. He's definitely improved and has been more composed on the ball than last season and it looks like Eriksen and Ten Haag have been good influences on him, so far.

Abraxas

That pass was outrageous. But essentially nothing new, he routinely mixes the sublime with the awful with some of his progressive passing, sometimes within the span of a few minutes. But he's such a valuable asset for us. If he's on the pitch he can produce something at any time no matter what type of game he is having, and he's working really hard.

AgentP

Credits to Bruno for his improved performances. Eriksen playing midfield has hugely benefited Bruno. Eriksen has the ability to release the ball early to Bruno giving him the space and time to do damage. The forwards are also stretching the play better and making good runs. Ten Hag is definitely making us play like a team with a proper plan.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Great contribution to the 2nd and 3rd goals. The pass for the second was absurdly good.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Credits to Bruno for his improved performances. Eriksen playing midfield has hugely benefited Bruno. Eriksen has the ability to release the ball early to Bruno giving him the space and time to do damage. The forwards are also stretching the play better and making good runs. Ten Hag is definitely making us play like a team with a proper plan.
The eriksen point is huge and worthy of its own thread imo. They have formed a very good partnership and the combination of pressing, passing and positioning has made what is on paper an iffy midfield of mctom,Eriksen and Bruno into a solid functional two way unit.

Tarrou

to think there were actually people who thought Ten Hag would end up dropping him

he's a fighter which is what he wants

nevermind all the goals and assists

The United

The eriksen point is huge and worthy of its own thread imo. They have formed a very good partnership and the combination of pressing, passing and positioning has made what is on paper an iffy midfield of mctom,Eriksen and Bruno into a solid functional two way unit.
In that 2019-20 season, he had a great period when Pogba returned from being injured and had a decent period himself.

In general, if a team has better players, good individuals will perform better. In particular, having two playmakers in CMs will improve the team a lot.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I can’t think of a footballer like this who makes me want to kill myself every game & yet is probably my favourite player in the team. What a magnificent football player this guy is

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t think you can ask for a better no.10/wide attacker combo in counter attack transitions than Fernandes + Rashford, honestly.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Redcafe shocked once again that a great player performs good with great manager and drilled team with actual game plan.
Who knew?
But nooo, everyone is shit, shambles, should be sold, can’t play even in Championship etc…

I wish people could learn to support their team again. In the last 15 years internet made the state of fans very bad. People constantly unhappy, complaining, shitting on players, manager, club…

And I feel after a bad result this place will turn full toxic again.

BigDycheEnergy

I don't understand all the criticism from United fans. You'd think Bruno was one of our worst players by some of the descriptions I've seen in here this season.

I think it's clear that last season was an outlier. Bruno wasn't good, but the same can be said for almost every other United player. Yet despite not being good he still got 10 goals and 6 assists in the PL, which aren't terrible numbers considering our situation. None of the goals were penalties either. And it's not like Bruno is just about numbers either. He's a hard worker with a winning mentality, which has been sorely needed since Fergie retired.

I just saw a post on Reddit or Twitter. Bruno has 23 assists from open play in the PL since his arrival. That's more than any other player in the PL. His complete PL stats are as follows: 93 games, 37 goals, 25 assists.

To further strengthen the argument that last season was an outlier:

- Last season in the PL: 0.44 goals/assists per game

- Every other PL game: 0.81 goals/assists per game

Last edited:

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think he might be one of the best players in the world in this receive the ball and turn to face the goal move. I mean, this is so natural for him it's effortless, and he instantly runs at full speed with control over the ball.

The real difference under this system is the ball is being played to him early, so he gets that extra second. He's been good again, we're definitely playing to his strengths.
Now let's see how he does in a game where we have more possession and less space for runners.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
With better quality all around him, especially Eriksen, you really can imagine Bruno having a field day this season. Wearing the captains armband has already elevated him. He's our warrior up front and with his quality and instinctive play will be a fecking nuisance to a lot of teams this year.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No where near enough respect for that assist yesterday

World class pass

Sylar

With maguire not playing, glad hes the captain. Deserved.

Skills

Snitch
You can see that having Ronaldo on the pitch has an effect on him. He just automatically starts looking for him, when there are more sensible options there.

He should've cut that ball back to McTominay at the end but Ronaldo was screaming for it when the passing angle was completely cut off by the Arsenal defender.

jem

I also think he's taken on the captain role well. Gave a great post-match interview where he deftly batted aside Michael Owen's question about the difference between playing with Eriksen and with Fred.

CarbonStoolBites

I’ve been critical of Bruno after last season, but he’s been our best attacker / front 4 player this season.
Incredible work rate, plays 96 minutes every match, passing has been absolutely on point lately as well, he’s been fantastic.
In the third goal yesterday even before he received the ball to pass it to Eriksen, you could see him looking around and preparing for what was about to happen, he saw how out of position Arsenal were and the huge gap for Eriksen to run into, absolutely brilliant.
Not to mention the assist to Rashford, you won’t see many better assists this season anywhere in the world.

Long may it continue.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
His legwork doesn’t seem to be getting a mention anywhere on the site. His passing yesterday deserves credit, but his grafting on both sides of the ball is a real ace up his sleeve. It’s not only in pressing and defensive actions that it’s of huge benefit but also it affords him countless opportunities to work off men and into space to be found open; this element is so hard to cater for over a full game and will always afford him those windows of time and pockets of space where he is essentially free for enough time to affect the game. He has Lampard levels of stamina, and that’s been the biggest shock to me. It makes him so hard to track, especially when opposing midfielders tire both mentally and physically.

I believe he is going to find himself in even more seemingly fortuitous positions to affect the game as Antony’s stature grows as a threat that needs doubling up on.

I have my grievances with the player, but I think it’s very clear what he offers the team in his current role cannot be replicated due to his insane work rate and what it provides us on both sides of the ball. This season is set up for him to be very high up in goals and assists should he stay fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.