6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 125398

Nice touch that he gave the armband to Maguire when he came on. Bruno is de-facto captain now though.

Eleven-Eighteen

I really hope ETH has the guts to drop Bruno for one game and try Eriksen as a 10 with Casemiro Fred behind him.
The two paired brilliantly together yesterday. McTom played the role of enforcer pretty well too. I wonder who gets dropped once Casemiro comes into the starting XI. For the first time in 10 (maybe 12) years, a United manager has options in midfield. So great to see.

NewYorkRed

Yesterday’s game showed why you can’t drop him. He runs tirelessly and has the world class ability to cut a defense open with a pass. He’s class.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Very good performance again. That pass to Rashford was superb. Think he's really enjoying having Eriksen in the team.

The Urban Goose

Nice touch that he gave the armband to Maguire when he came on. Bruno is de-facto captain now though.
I didn't see whether Bruno offered it or Harry demanded it, but either way I'm not a fan of a sub coming on and taking the armband.

Particularly when it's Maguire...

Member 125398

I didn't see whether Bruno offered it or Harry demanded it, but either way I'm not a fan of a sub coming on and taking the armband.

Particularly when it's Maguire...
The true reflection of how advanced a society is can be seen in how it treats its weakest members.

MadMike

by far the best option of the regular starters at this stage.
The only thing that puts me off him as captain, is the whole feigning injury and then crying at the refs. He does this a lot.

But you're right, he's still the best option regardless.

romufc

Not as sloppy on the ball today, more composed. This is the kind of Bruno we need to see more of, the passes for the 2nd and 3rd goals were quality.
Interesting take. So when his passing success % is 74% and isnt getting assists, he is labelled as sloppy?

Yet when his passing accuracy is 74% and he gets an assist, he isnt sloppy?

This is the thing with people, put out passing accuracy stat when the teams playing bad, pin it on his slopyness.

Also, keeping it tidy and creating chances do not go hand in hand, on another day he messes that pass up and everyone is crying he is trying hollywood balls.

We should just let Bruno does what he does best, which is to create chances.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

7 ball recoveries, 2 of 3 ground duels won. Yet, apparently, Bruno just runs around without discipline, doing what he wants, and its only a matter of time before Ten Hag drops him. After all he doesn't offer anything when he's not scoring or assisting, right? :lol:

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
The two paired brilliantly together yesterday. McTom played the role of enforcer pretty well too. I wonder who gets dropped once Casemiro comes into the starting XI. For the first time in 10 (maybe 12) years, a United manager has options in midfield. So great to see.
Yes they did yesterday, that is true. But when we do finally get to see Ten Hag football, because yesterday we pretty much counter attacked I think I would rather see Eriksen as a 10 than Bruno. I could be wrong.

Oranges038

Interesting take. So when his passing success % is 74% and isnt getting assists, he is labelled as sloppy?

Yet when his passing accuracy is 74% and he gets an assist, he isnt sloppy?

This is the thing with people, put out passing accuracy stat when the teams playing bad, pin it on his slopyness.

Also, keeping it tidy and creating chances do not go hand in hand, on another day he messes that pass up and everyone is crying he is trying hollywood balls.

We should just let Bruno does what he does best, which is to create chances.

I don't mind him trying to create opportunities with creative passing, whether it comes off or not is usually down to the moments he chooses to play them. For me, he has been less sloppy in that he is picking his moments to make those passes better.

Valencia Shin Crosses

7 ball recoveries, 2 of 3 ground duels won. Yet, apparently, Bruno just runs around without discipline, doing what he wants, and its only a matter of time before Ten Hag drops him. After all he doesn't offer anything when he's not scoring or assisting, right? :lol:
I mean he’s had plenty of games where he’s done just that. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t fantastic yesterday. Players can have good and bad games

Jcrossley94

Benefitting massively to having Eriksen in the deep role vs pogba. Eriksen gets the ball forward to Bruno so much faster, whilst the opposition is still out of shape. That Eriksen to Bruno pass has directly contributed to a few goals already this seasnon.

TsuWave

Benefitting massively to having Eriksen in the deep role vs pogba. Eriksen gets the ball forward to Bruno so much faster, whilst the opposition is still out of shape. That Eriksen to Bruno pass has directly contributed to a few goals already this seasnon.
Bruno has been bad for like a year and a half. Pogba hardly played any football due to injuries.

Bruno did well yesterday and OK the game before because he raised his level. It isn’t a Pogba or Ronaldo issue or that the temperature was two degrees off of his preference. He has simply played better.

Jcrossley94

Bruno has been bad for like a year and a half. Pogba hardly played any football due to injuries.

Bruno did well yesterday and OK the game before because he raised his level. It isn’t a Pogba or Ronaldo issue or that the temperature was two degrees off of his preference. He has simply played better.
yes you’re right, he’s simply playing better and there isn’t a single reason worth exploring to explain it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
So Bruno has more assists from open play than any other player in the league since signing for United. That’s a crazy stat considering how poor we’ve been as a team in that period and the form of the players he’s creating for. Remarkable stat that shows how absurd the level of criticism in this thread has been.

Kag

Got to laugh at people thinking the likes of Van de Beek would keep him out of the team.

He’s like a cheat code for goal-making. Some people won’t ever be able to live with the iffy passes and failed flicks, but a good team can accommodate it provided the other parts come together. Involved in all three goals and no other player in the squad has that level of influence.

He is playing more conservatively, too, in fairness to him.

The United

So Bruno has more assists from open play than any other player in the league since signing for United. That’s a crazy stat considering how poor we’ve been as a team in that period and the form of the players he’s creating for. Remarkable stat that shows how absurd the level of criticism in this thread has been.
Despite that stat, some people say he is holding the team back and when ETH plays his ball, Bruno will be out, etc.

Oh, and he is not a very good football player.

romufc

Got to laugh at people thinking the likes of Van de Beek would keep him out of the team.

He’s like a cheat code for goal-making. Some people won’t ever be able to live with the iffy passes and failed flicks, but a good team can accommodate it provided the other parts come together. Involved in all three goals and no other player in the squad has that level of influence.

He is playing more conservatively, too, in fairness to him.
Imagine having a player that is one of the few in the league that can find a killer ball and thinking he will be replaced by someone who cannot get minutes..

Some of our fans wanted him sold too.

He isnt just having influence on the goals, he is our leader, he contests every decision as captain. Sometimes he may go overboard but he is there, like yesterday he was in the ref's ear about the foul for their disallowed goal.

With better system, he is going to be brilliant.

romufc

Eriksen was involved in all three, as was Rashford
Agreed, they all were. No one has said Eriksen is rubbish or needs to be dropped though. With Fernandes, alot saying Eriksen should replace him.

Secondly, that ball to Rashford is a ball that only 2/3 players in the PL can see, let alone pull it off.

Skills

Snitch
And how little we score.

DarkXaero

Glad to see him picking up form, and some terrific passes yesterday. We need him to keep playing at this type of level.

Teja

Eriksen deep is paying dividends. Force him to stay up the field and find a way to give him the ball when he's in space and he can make magic happen.

If he drops deep because the team's struggling, he often makes things worse.

Let's see how we do against Palace's low block. They've been lethal on the counter this season (in big games) and are really compact when defending. Those are the games where Bruno struggles.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

His "from everywhere" passes against Arsenal. I guess it's not a problem anymore, eh?

criticalanalysis

His legwork doesn’t seem to be getting a mention anywhere on the site. His passing yesterday deserves credit, but his grafting on both sides of the ball is a real ace up his sleeve. It’s not only in pressing and defensive actions that it’s of huge benefit but also it affords him countless opportunities to work off men and into space to be found open; this element is so hard to cater for over a full game and will always afford him those windows of time and pockets of space where he is essentially free for enough time to affect the game. He has Lampard levels of stamina, and that’s been the biggest shock to me. It makes him so hard to track, especially when opposing midfielders tire both mentally and physically.

I believe he is going to find himself in even more seemingly fortuitous positions to affect the game as Antony’s stature grows as a threat that needs doubling up on.

I have my grievances with the player, but I think it’s very clear what he offers the team in his current role cannot be replicated due to his insane work rate and what it provides us on both sides of the ball. This season is set up for him to be very high up in goals and assists should he stay fit.
Yes this is true. He fails and equally passes so spectacularly with so much volume and involvement because he is always in so many positions to be able, to do it in the first place.

FriedClams

the criticism is reactionary for sure and overboard at times, because of the amount of times he gives the ball away (I believe he’s top 5 in the PL and Europe at this for his position) but the evidence very clearly suggests now that he WILL create something several times during the game. If he gets even 10% smarter with his general play, he’s one of the best players in europe IMO.

The United

the criticism is reactionary for sure and overboard at times, because of the amount of times he gives the ball away (I believe he’s top 5 in the PL and Europe at this for his position) but the evidence very clearly suggests now that he WILL create something several times during the game. If he gets even 10% smarter with his general play, he’s one of the best players in europe IMO.
You don't think he is already that?

johannes_fd

Surround a good player with smarter players and ye, he’ll look better. Just having Eriksen who can find him in favorable positions is a big change from last season.

FriedClams

You don't think he is already that?
Not at the moment. If his output gets back to what it was and we keep winning, then it won’t be a matter of opinion, it’ll just be a fact. He’s on the right track though.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I thought he was very good against Arsenal and the pass to Rashford was world class.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is such a productive player.

Even if people find his play annoying - he isn’t exactly going to be deadwood, so I always kind of respect him.

A great and useful player for United.

Olecurls99

Looking back at the Southampton highlights it looks like there was a handball from the RB when we had that glut of chances in the first half.

The handball happens after Brunos header but you can only get 1 view of it which is annoying. Sky have another angle but they don't show that header in the footage. Did anyone else see this?

Status
Not open for further replies.