6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

True both times. If United's attackers had converted the continual stream of chances Bruno makes for them he'd have the assists. The underlying data shows it. You can't be second or third for chances created in the Premier League, have a low assists number and it be your fault.

Look at the Fulham game: Bruno creates a 1 on 1 for Martial, gives Eriksen a good chance before half time, gives Elanga a 1 on 1 just after half time, creates the goal and what does the CAF focus on? Him keeping the ball in during the run up to Fulham's goal. Like it's his fault Shaw went to sleep at the far post for the millionth time.

Some people are determined to find fault with him. As if both Ten Hag and Santos being determined to keep playing him is wilful blindness on their part.

There is alot of fans who wanted Bruno out and replaced. There were alot of United fans and posters on the Caf that thought Ten Hag coming in would mean the end of Bruno because of his passing %.

There was a thread that we wont win a trophy with Bruno in the team.

They call for creativity, leadership, work ethic but when a player gives you that, they focus on the negatives.

I dont know why people dislike Bruno so much, when he is one of out best players and one of the best creative player in the league.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Shameless bastards :lol::houllier:, either way hell end up with 2 goals or 3 assists so far in the end
They have sensors in this World Cup balls that determine even the slightest of touches, don't they? Those are used for offside calls but it may be an unconventional way of using it.

“While the ultra-wideband helps me to have the position of an object, the IMU gives me the granular movement in three dimensions,” said Maximillian Schmidt, co-founder and managing director of KINEXON.

So any time the ball is kicked, headed, thrown or even so much as tapped, the system picks it up at 500 frames per second. Data is sent in real time from sensors to a local positioning system (LPS), which involves a setup of network antennas installed around the playing field that take in and store the data for immediate use. When a ball flies out of bounds during the course of play, and a new ball is thrown or kicked in to replace it, KINEXON’s backend system automatically switches to the new ball’s data input without the need for human intervention.

Polar

Bruno impressed me yesterday. On paper it looks like he plays exactly similar role on Portugal and United, but at the same time I felt something was different when I watched the match yesterday. Don’ know how to explain it, and maybe I’m wrong:rolleyes:

fallengt

Bernado Silva actually helped Bruno alot. Bruno can't really drift so he needs someone who can advance the ball closer to final third where he can make more killer passes and less 30 yards howler.
Also this is international stage, blocking channel/passing lane is alien concept for some teams. We always know Bruno play well in match like these but underperform in big matches for a reason

Chief123

Only Ronaldo would argue against technology! Bet he feels disrespected by factual technical stats.

youngrell

Bruno impressed me yesterday. On paper it looks like he plays exactly similar role on Portugal and United, but at the same time I felt something was different when I watched the match yesterday. Don’ know how to explain it, and maybe I’m wrong:rolleyes:
Agree with the post directly beneath yours that Bernardo Silva is a big factor in him playing in a more controlled manner. Silva is a master at keeping hold of the ball and his work rate is also top notch, which means he's constantly on the move and finding space, which helps Bruno a lot because he either has Silva as a regular passing option or Silva is creating space for other options.

Of course, Bruno deserves a lot of the praise too as he is the one making the decisions still. There is definitely a noticeable difference in his composure compared to usual PL matches.

romufc

And why risk pissing off your best player so far?

When will the entire football world stop bending over for Cristiano?!
Its obvious that its Ronaldo > Team.

Which is what Ten Hag didn't want, he was all about the team.

I thought Ronaldo said he doesn't care who scores the goals, as long as they win.. It sends a message out to the squad when the Portuguese FA is asking FIFA to review it, that this is not a team game.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I doubt Ronaldo's childish antics have an effect on Bruno, he has been exposed non-stop to them for the last 15 months.
You're correct, but I meant if his countries FA were actively trying to take a goal away from him to appease Ronaldo considering Fernandes could theoretically end up top of both goals and assists category, which would make him a shoe in for player of the tournament.

Eli Zee

Its obvious that its Ronaldo > Team.

Which is what Ten Hag didn't want, he was all about the team.

I thought Ronaldo said he doesn't care who scores the goals, as long as they win.. It sends a message out to the squad when the Portuguese FA is asking FIFA to review it, that this is not a team game.
Ronaldo will obviously put his goals to the side if it means a World Cup win. That being said, he will still try to score as many goals as possible, with a World Cup win being the end goal.

He wants a legacy and a few extra World Cup goals are not worth as much as a World Cup trophy... but again, he'll still try to win the WC and have most goal contributions, cause that's who he is - a chaser of high level goals.

romufc

Ronaldo will obviously put his goals to the side if it means a World Cup win. That being said, he will still try to score as many goals as possible, with a World Cup win being the end goal.

He wants a legacy and 3 extra World Cup goals are not worth as much as a World Cup trophy.
Really, clearly Ronaldo is putting his goals aside.

He was literally complaining at the end of the game, then the next day got the Portugese FA to write to FIFA.

That is definitely someone who will put his goals aside for the better of the team.

I dont mind people making statements like that but the proof suggests otherwise.

Eli Zee

Really, clearly Ronaldo is putting his goals aside.

He was literally complaining at the end of the game, then the next day got the Portugese FA to write to FIFA.

That is definitely someone who will put his goals aside for the better of the team.

I dont mind people making statements like that but the proof suggests otherwise.
After the game , it doesn't matter whose goal is who's if they win. If he claims credit, who cares? That doesn't mean during the game, he'd put himself scoring before Portugal winning a World Cup.
You are saying that because he claimed the goal after the game, he will in the future hurt Portugal during the game? You think he'd choose to kick a ball out of bounds before passing to a teammate to score, just out of spite because he can't score the goal? He wouldn't.

Also, Bruno Is splendid, to stay on topic. I've always loved him since he joined the squad and can't believe all the negativity he's gotten.

MUnchies

Camavinga plus €50m and we can have a conversation.
Really? What has Camavinga shown recently, for you to think he can have the impact Bruno has had club and country. The only thing he has on Bruno is age plus they don't play the same position.

Mainoldo

It’s funny Ronaldo trying to state pad whilst others like Bruno get a rest.

sport2793

Having an amazing tournament, should have had a second assist too when he put Ramos in.

Chief123

He is so sexy when he’s in form. :D

I can see his numbers going crazy again when playing with martial and no more Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.