Bruno Fernandes in 2020 had the best calendar year of any player in PL history

Eriku

Bruno’s a brilliant player but I think, based on watching him for 90 minute matches, he hasn’t been close to the likes of Cantona, Ronaldo, Rooney or RVP in terms of performance. Impact and statistics perhaps but not performance.
That’s because he does what Giggsy used to do. Get the ball, look up, and try the killer pass whenever it’s on. Again and again and again, whether he fails or not.

Tremendous trait, but also means he’ll be frustrating to watch at times. For all the plaudits Giggsy gets, there’d be a lot of audible moans and groans when he’d try and fail at a risky pass.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
why was he not coming off today ? he thought by staying on mct would be off in his place since he had to leave the field momentarily.

DFreshKing

I mean it's comparing apples and oranges. Ronaldo won the PL and CL, Bruno won some PotMs. Ronaldo was in a better side. Bruno scored more penalties. Played different positions. There probably can't be a right or wrong answer, but I suspect there's some recency bias. In 10 years time when people discuss the best calender year of a PL player, Ronaldo, Suarez, Henry and Co will be in the mix, Bruno's 4 potm awards maybe a largely forgotten footnote.
We might win something yet.