Bruno Fernandes is Premier League Player of the Month for December

Real life FIFA on cheat mode. Bruno Fernandes is the biggest mid-season impact signing in Premier League history. Honestly, possibly football history.

Are there any other examples of a player leaving a club mid-season to completely transform a team the way Bruno has? Time for a bumper contract Ed.
since the introduction of the transfer window, perhaps.

United bought Cantona at the of November.

RUCK4444

Best impact signing I can remember in my life time other than RVP. The latter you could argue had a bigger impact perhaps?

Absolutely love Bruno. Totally deserves these awards, let hope he can get his hands on a proper trophy this season. :devil:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Bit crazy how they only give the awards to attackers these days. Its so stat based. Liked it more before when it was balanced out. No idea who deserves it more, but just saying! A productive player like Bruno is going to get loads of them as they just balance out a teams record and how many goal involvements a player had now. Almost impossible for a CB or GK to win it.

NoneBmStore

Real life FIFA on cheat mode. Bruno Fernandes is the biggest mid-season impact signing in Premier League history. Honestly, possibly football history.

Are there any other examples of a player leaving a club mid-season to completely transform a team the way Bruno has? Time for a bumper contract Ed.
Possibly. Signing Vidic in January was massive for us as well. 7mio £. What a bargain

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Already equalled Ronaldo and Henry's POTM awards and he hasn't even been here for a full year :lol:
Really that’s weird. Does it speak for the lack of quality in the league? How many times had DeBruyne won it ? It’s weird because he’s been nowhere near as good as Henry or Ronaldo and been here only 1 year. But the standard back then was much higher. Even just at United we had Rooney, Tevez, Scholes, Giggs, Rio, Vidic. That’s probably more world class players than their are in the league now. Without mentioning any other teams.

Counterfactual

Well played Bruno. What an absolute beast of a player... lifting our motley crew to the top of the league.

I made a thread in the Newbie forum asking where we'd be without him. It didn't get any replies. No-one wants to think about it! :-)

el3mel

Keep this up till end of the season and he will have PFA player of the year in his pocket.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Who got the potm awards back when Ronaldo played for us? Gerrard, Barry, Defoe, Bent, Terry etc?

RUCK4444

Who got the potm awards back when Ronaldo played for us? Gerrard, Barry, Defoe, Bent, Terry etc?
I was thinking that. Why didn't Ronaldo win player of the month (every month) in his 2007/2008 season for us? I mean, nobody was better.

Counterfactual

2007/8
Player Of The Month:
Micah Richards, Cesc Fabregas, Wayne Rooney, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Roque Santa Cruz, Cristiano Ronaldo, Fernando Torres, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ashley Young

Player Of The Season:
Cristiano Ronaldo

Red & White

Very well deserved. It’s not just his performances and stats that have gained the adulation of us fans, it’s his desire and character. Both if which we were lacking and you can now see are starting to rub off onto others in the squad.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Best impact signing I can remember in my life time other than RVP. The latter you could argue had a bigger impact perhaps?

Absolutely love Bruno. Totally deserves these awards, let hope he can get his hands on a proper trophy this season. :devil:
As great as RVP did there is no way he had as big of an impact as Bruno has. RVP took a team that was already close to winning the title and helped them across the finish line. Bruno took a midtable team and made them title contenders...

RUCK4444

As great as RVP did there is no way he had as big of an impact as Bruno has. RVP took a team that was already close to winning the title and helped them across the finish line. Bruno took a midtable team and made them title contenders...
I can see what your getting at but I don’t think we were legitimately a mid table side without him, I mean we finished 2nd under Mou without Bruno.

I’m not taking anything away from him, I love the guy and he’s improved us massively.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I didn't know an attacking midfielder could be this impactful considering our history with them from Kagawa, Mata, Mkhi, etc...

Counterfactual

I can see what your getting at but I don’t think we were legitimately a mid table side without him, I mean we finished 2nd under Mou without Bruno.

I’m not taking anything away from him, I love the guy and he’s improved us massively.
Maybe not mid-table, but we finished 6th the season before the 2nd place finish, and 6th the season after.

Infra-red

We've not had someone at the club who'd be in contention for being the best player in the league, since 2009. Unbelievable, the difference he has made.

Threesus

He is inevitable. I still can't believe we have such a player in our hands. Makes Pogba leaving in the summer a bit more palatable.
He is our Portuguese magnifico.

Threesus

We've not had someone at the club who'd be in contention for being the best player in the league, since 2009.

Unbelievable, the difference he has made.
I am pretty sure we had RVP in 2012-2013, who should have won PFA player of the year.

Infra-red

I am pretty sure we had RVP in 2012-2013, who should have won PFA player of the year.
Maybe, although didn't Bale score ridiculous numbers of goals from the wing that year? Was doing his best Ronaldo impression, as I recall.

Either way, it's been too long since we had a player like Bruno.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

Do you seriously think that after finishing 2nd place that we were the 2nd best team in the league and on the way up? We were literally 4 points up on 14th place Newcastle when we signed Bruno. In the year since his signing we have more points than any team in the league. RVP took a team that was already competing and helped us across the finish line. This team of ours hadn't competed for the league since our last title win. Even in that year that we finished 2nd, we were nowhere near competing for the title. In fact, I was more excited about us finishing 3rd last year than I was about us finishing 2nd a few years ago. This team is on the way up. That Mourinho team was garbage and didn't have a bright future...

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Man's gotta chill a bit. Too many accolades in a row. Will be Pogba in January.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
2007/8
Player Of The Month:
Micah Richards, Cesc Fabregas, Wayne Rooney, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Roque Santa Cruz, Cristiano Ronaldo, Fernando Torres, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ashley Young

Player Of The Season:
Cristiano Ronaldo
Definitely Richards, Gabby, Cruz and Young was balancing work. Like when Scott Parker won the player of the year award. It seems logical to 'spread' it out and give everyone a chance, but it's really silly when you have people like Ronaldo who just crushes everyone and creates a new normal, that they get judged differently.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
We have played 2 games, he scored in 1. We have 4 more games.
Ok maybe he didn’t deserve December then ? He hasn’t been in great form I’ll have to look back through December games. Felt Rashford deserved it one month?

RUCK4444

Do you seriously think that after finishing 2nd place that we were the 2nd best team in the league and on the way up? We were literally 4 points up on 14th place Newcastle when we signed Bruno. In the year since his signing we have more points than any team in the league. RVP took a team that was already competing and helped us across the finish line. This team of ours hadn't competed for the league since our last title win. Even in that year that we finished 2nd, we were nowhere near competing for the title. In fact, I was more excited about us finishing 3rd last year than I was about us finishing 2nd a few years ago. This team is on the way up. That Mourinho team was garbage and didn't have a bright future...
Did I say I thought we were the 2nd best team in the league? Just saying to call us a 'mid-table' team is equally misleading.

All I'm pointing out is that, contrary to what our rose tinted glasses tell us Bruno is not the single reason we finished third. A big part of it sure, he's been by far our best player, we also had all three forwards putting in big numbers which was a huge boost in itself.

Also I totally agree this team is on the way up and much better than Mourinho's, I couldn't stand Mou or the team he was building. Ole has done an amazing job of rebuilding.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Did I say I thought we were the 2nd best team in the league? Just saying to call us a 'mid-table' team is equally misleading.

All I'm pointing out is that, contrary to what our rose tinted glasses tell us Bruno is not the single reason we finished third. A big part of it sure, he's been by far our best player, we also had all three forwards putting in big numbers which was a huge boost in itself.

Also I totally agree this team is on the way up and much better than Mourinho's, I couldn't stand Mou or the team he was building. Ole has done an amazing job of rebuilding.
It is not misleading to say we were a midtable team. Sure, technically we were in 5th at the time of Bruno's signing but we were closer in points to 14th than we were to 4th. It was after Bruno's signing that we turned our season around. This isn't my opinion. This is fact. And since then we have had more points in the league than everyone, including Liverpool...

RUCK4444

It is not misleading to say we were a midtable team. Sure, technically we were in 5th at the time of Bruno's signing but we were closer in points to 14th than we were to 4th. It was after Bruno's signing that we turned our season around. This isn't my opinion. This is fact. And since then we have had more points in the league than everyone, including Liverpool...
Yes but you saying we were definitely a mid-table team is exactly the same as me saying that we were definitely the 2nd best team in the league when we finished 2nd. Obviously neither are accurate, and that's my point.

We were underachieving being closer to 14th than 3rd. By the same token overachieving when we finished 2nd.

He's had a massive impact, nobody's arguing that. But he's not the only reason.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Yes but you saying we were definitely a mid-table team is exactly the same as me saying that we were definitely the 2nd best team in the league when we finished 2nd. Obviously neither are accurate, and that's my point.

We were underachieving being closer to 14th than 3rd. By the same token overachieving when we finished 2nd.

He's had a massive impact, nobody's arguing that. But he's not the only reason.
Technically we were "the 2nd best in the league that season", however we weren't on the way up, we were on the way down as we weren't improving, while others were. So there was no hope of the up coming season because it was plain to see that Liverpool were on the way up and that we were digressing. And yes, we were actually a midtable team at the time of Bruno's signing. Like I said, we were closer in points to 14th than we were to 4th. Again, this isn't an opinion, this is fact. But what do you expect when you have to pick between Lingard and Periera to start games and sometimes were stuck starting both. But the Bruno signing changed all that. Not sure why you are denying that??? Do you have a Bruno agenda???

Tony247

His mere presence on the field boost the team morale these days. We play utter shite when he doesn't play. He is far far more important to the team as a whole than goals and assist. Just don't get injured. Touch wood.

RUCK4444

Technically we were "the 2nd best in the league that season", however we weren't on the way up, we were on the way down as we weren't improving, while others were. So there was no hope of the up coming season because it was plain to see that Liverpool were on the way up and that we were digressing. And yes, we were actually a midtable team at the time of Bruno's signing. Like I said, we were closer in points to 14th than we were to 4th. Again, this isn't an opinion, this is fact. But what do you expect when you have to pick between Lingard and Periera to start games and sometimes were stuck starting both. But the Bruno signing changed all that. Not sure why you are denying that??? Do you have a Bruno agenda???
Oh ffs pedantic much? I've been clear he's our best player and the biggest single reason we are doing much better. If you want to think 1 man teams exist then carry on.

He's playing in a good team, shite teams with 1 good player are exactly the teams you find mid table. See Villa, Palace etc.

We were a decent squad and he was the the piece that made us tick.