Bruno Fernandes: Manchester United Player

Rolaholic

Absolutely cannot wait to never have the need to see Lingard starting any important match again with this guy in

Nick7

Isn't it illegal to have agreed personal terms before the club have agreed the transfer? Hence why they're "agreed" .
I'm sure I recall Barcelona or someone getting in trouble for that reason. If I'm not talking out my arse then it's a quality legal loophole that you can just add quotation marks to get around it.
Illegal? No. Tapping up is “against the rules”. It’s also against the rules to talk to a player before a transfer before the other club gives permission. However, agents are a thing and are allowed talk to whoever they want.

Hester_manc

It seems that people see Bruno Fernandes as a rescuer. I fear for people's reactions if it turns out he needs to time getting to know the league. Usually, fans pretty much understand that it takes time, but we just so desperately need a player at his position that I'm afraid patience won't be great.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Let's hope he is more like another Ronaldo, and not Di Maria. I feel this can go both ways. Talented like few others, but so is/was di Maria and others that have failed at United.
Easy to see and explain reason why Di Maria didnt work out at United. Easy to see reasons to be optimistic for Bruno.
Only thing against him would be not being able to adapt to the premier league despite the signing making sense in every way. Stylistically makes sense with both Ole or Pochettino, in a position that we only have relegation standard players, and with a leader mentality and being desperate to join United for a while. It should work. Just the degree of how good he is will be what's up for question.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's currently on 2nd top scorer in Europa League. Top for involved with the goals (5 goals & 3 assists). Brunoooo

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Over the moon this one is over the line. Seems a reasonable fee and wage. I'll ignore the fact that its 6 months late

The lad also seems delighted to be here so fingers crossed he can hit the ground running. We have been crying out for someone like him!

Drifter

American
Never thought this would happen .Now it as ,will he be our Cantona or another Sanchez,Di Maria

Banana Republic

It’s far too early to get carried away with this news.
We’ve no idea how he’ll adjust to the pace and hard pressing of the EPL, or if he’ll be able to settle in, living here.
A good signing though and much needed reinforcement for our thin and weak squad.
We’re still desperately short up top and need a couple of decent out and out strikers.
Whatever Rashford and Martial’s qualities, neither are top drawer forwards.
Bruno is another important building block. He’s not going to be a saviour.

United Hobbit

I cant say Ole seemed too confident when asked about securing him tonight, lots of uses of "hopefully"

I'm not sure I'm too keen on the announcement trend of how we have agreed terms with the club but there is still the medical and personal terms to sort, presumably he will have at least the medical tomorrow?

I think we did it recently with someone else didnt we? We've probably done it this way to try and cool the tensions that are beginning to bubble over however I preferred the old way of the media saying we've agreed terms then all becomes official when weve got a picture of him signing/ standing with the shirt/ video walking out to piano music! If we fail to get this done after saying we've agreed a fee with Sporting it could fuel the fire even more. Though obviously if he doesn't agree he isnt the "right type of player." Surely we must have some sort of verbal agreement with him about wage etc?

Shame we didn't get him in the summer, or earlier in the window, hindsight eh! I'm a little concerned he will take a little time to settle however can see the pressure on him being really high due to probably being our only signing and with the injury situation I think he will be expected to hit the ground running.

What's he like at set pieces? Not that we will probably let him take them given Mata who's usually pretty reliable didnt take it tonight!

GoldanoGraham

Can Bruno speak English? Hope so as that will enable him to settle much quicker....

funny though, as if he debuts on Saturday against Wolves there will be loads of fellow Portuguese playing as Wolves are full of them!

really hope that he hits the ground running

TheReligion

Abusive
I cant say Ole seemed too confident when asked about securing him tonight, lots of uses of "hopefully"

I'm not sure I'm too keen on the announcement trend of how we have agreed terms with the club but there is still the medical and personal terms to sort, presumably he will have at least the medical tomorrow?

I think we did it recently with someone else didnt we? We've probably done it this way to try and cool the tensions that are beginning to bubble over however I preferred the old way of the media saying we've agreed terms then all becomes official when weve got a picture of him signing/ standing with the shirt/ video walking out to piano music!

Shame we didn't get him in the summer, or earlier in the window, hindsight eh! I'm a little concerned he will take a little time to settle however can see the pressure on him being really high due to probably being our only signing and with the injury situation I think he will be expected to hit the ground running.

What's he like at set pieces? Not that we will probably let him take them given Mata who's usually pretty reliable didnt take it tonight!
Personal terms agreed weeks ago. He won't fail the medical. Ole just got knocked out of the cup by City. He's obviously not in the mood to indulge the media and he's probably annoyed it's took a while to get the deal done.

Stop worrying. He'll start against Wolves.

United Hobbit

Personal terms agreed weeks ago. He won't fail the medical. Ole just got knocked out of the cup by City. He's obviously not in the mood to indulge the media and he's probably annoyed it's took a while to get the deal done.

Stop worrying. He'll start against Wolves.
Ah that is good! Think we could do with a striker as well, would take some of the expectation off him as well in case he takes a little time getting used to the league, especially now Greenwood apparently has a minor knock. Hopefully it was a precaution (Ole finally learnt?) and we see him against Wolves or we are left with Martial as our only striker

UnitedChampionsAgain

Yeah I'm sure he'll have an issue playing with De Gea, Pogba, Rashford etc.

He probably signed the contract with a gun put to his head. Jeez.
. What sort of attacks can he carve out with De Gea? Pogba is as good as gone. Rashford maybe. Can't think of many etc's, no one's breaking the door down to lure our abundance of world class superstars.