Bruno Fernandes: Manchester United Player

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign Portugal midfielder Bruno Fernandes from Sporting Lisbon. United will pay an initial fee of around 55m euros (£47m) for the 25-year-old, though add-ons could increase the overall cost to 80m euros (£67.6m).

Fernandes' move is subject to a medical and the agreement of personal terms.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Well this came out of nowhere

el3mel

Hopefully he turns out well and become a good player for us worthy of what's paid for him. He has everything needed, just will need to adapt to the intensity of PL.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hopefully he will take us to 4th and one of the cups.

Also a goal threat from #10 position and a good set piece taker :drool:

Rolaholic

He was needed back in the summer but glad that it's finally been taken care of. We can move on to other needs/things now.

The midfield should be quite solid once everyone's back and fit

Ranchero

Man Utd website down. So here is the statement.
" Manchester United is delighted to announce it has reached agreement with Sporting Clube de Portugal for the transfer of Bruno Fernandes.
"The deal is subject to a medical and the agreement of personal terms.
"A further announcement will be made in due course."

GET IN!!

Sylar

Hope its not too much pressure on him. I mean it would have been nice if we could have just agreed this at the beginning of January and had him for some of the games we lost.
Would be frustrating if we miss out on top 4 by a few points (which we might have got if we had him earlier for the games like the Burnley one)

Would have also been nice if we could have got in one or two more to spread the pressure amongst the players.

romufc

He will need time to settle before we start putting the jury out on him. I think he will be a decent signing but will take the remainder of this season to get going.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I am so happy for him but sad at the same time. Happy because he deserved this move but sad because he left Sporting. He is the third best Portuguese player at the moment after CR7 and Silva and I hope he shows all his quality at United. I can’t wait to see his debut and I hope to see him show all his quality at United! Looks like I will be ordering a new United jersey soon so I have both his Sporting and United Jerseys.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I am so happy for him but sad at the same time. Happy because he deserved this move but sad because he left Sporting. He is the third best Portuguese player at the moment after CR7 and Silva and I hope he shows all his quality at United. I can’t wait to see his debut and I hope to see him show all his quality at United! Looks like I will be ordering a new United jersey soon so I have both his Sporting and United Jerseys.
Who will replace him?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Hasn't scored or assisted a single goal for us yet, the Portuguese Lingard.
If we talking about their contribution to us this year, he's even worse — Lingard had scored a goal!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He was needed back in the summer but glad that it's finally been taken care of. We can move on to other needs/things now.

This is a very annoying trend: eg Mcguire was also signed after we needed him.

SportingCP96

Supports
Can we please fix the title of this thread? Sporting is not and has never been “Sporting Lisbon” Lisbon is not even in our name....... can we at least get the name of the club right please?

Sporting Clube De Portugal OR Sporting CP OR just Sporting.

We are not “Sporting Lisbon”.

I'm expecting a hat trick on his debut. He looks like he has the right arrogance about him.

He could be the missing piece in our team. He could equally be the missing piece propping the physio table up.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I still remember the rants when there was news that City are signing him last may/june :D

Marcelinho87

Can we please fix the title of this thread? Sporting is not and has never been “Sporting Lisbon” Lisbon is not even in our name....... can we at least get the name of the club right please?

Where has Lisbon come from and how did it end up being used?

Edit: I mean in terms of the football club, I know Lisbon is where the team is based.

Smashin

Supports
Sporting CP

Amen, the transfer thread was just as annoying.

waza7111

I hope he becomes an excellent player for us and is not on the 'deadwood' list by this time next year which seems to happen to most of our signings.

Ranchero

Yes, and he would have been cheaper then. but it's done. Time to get excited.

I wonder if we will see Paul Pogba and Brunoooooooooo playing in the same team at any point.

SportingCP96

Supports
Where has Lisbon come from and how did it end up being used?
Good question. We literally don’t have Lisbon in our name so I don’t know why it is used. Every Sporting fan for the most part hates that people outside of Portugal say that.

van Hooijdonk

Good. He is very gifted footballer. Let's hope he won't flop in the Premier League.

Gandalf

He will need time to settle before we start putting the jury out on him. I think he will be a decent signing but will take the remainder of this season to get going.
He is match fit and according to the reports a very confident guy who won't be intimidated by the move. One benefit is we are about to start the Winter break so he will have a few days to settle into the area and then an extended training camp with his teammates to help him get on the same page. I am confidently predicting he will dominate fat Frank and the Chelsea chavs in our first game back from the break.