Bruno Fernandes: Manchester United Player

DevilRed

The Portugese Cantona!

At least on the pitch he reminds me of the king with his arrogance. Off the pitch he looks a top bloke with excellent leadership ability. You can see his life revolves around football and family. Nothing else.

arthurka

Such a humble guy and a great player aswell. Hate to have to stop watching Utd right now.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I'm not dismissing what Rashford and Maquire have done this season but even if the season has now finished I'd still give Bruno POTY even though he hasn't been with us that long. Completely changed the dynamics of our team. He's no where near Cantonas level but I'd put Bruno up there with him in terms of importance on how one man can make a difference.

Shark

@NotShark
Such a humble guy and a great player aswell. Hate to have to stop watching Utd right now.
On the plus side, when next watch United next we’ll have Rashford and Pogba to join the party. Then whatever signings we make in the summer. Rather Ole is the man to take us forward long term or not, there’s no doubt he’s building a side that could be the next one to dominate English football.

Luke1995

Too soon. I still have memories of the equally talented Deco tearing the league up for 2 months then becoming a non entity.
The Deco of Chelsea was past 30 years old and coming off his worst season in Barcelona. Bruno is younger, hungrier and maybe even a better player.

Ekeke

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bruno-fernandes-transfer-details-confirmed-21551829

I guess this is why Sporting stood firm on their valuation. A fair portion of the money was going to the agents and Sampdoria.
That and the fact he's instantly been our best player. Its still early but I dont think anyone can begrudge Sporting for wanting the money they did for Fernandes. Especially if we consider what Joao Felix went for in the summer. They probably feel ripped off at this point...

POF

Wondering why many other teams didnt break the bank for him?
I don't think he would have had as big an impact at another club. United were sorely lacking leadership, experience and creativity in attacking areas.

He was the perfect signing in by far the weakest position in the team. Ole deserves so much credit for how he has built this team.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s the best signing in a string of really good signings by ole and the club. They are clicking. There’s a lot more fight and leadership and the team look a lot happier overall. All of his signings have played a lot and excelled. If we can get sancho we have a world class team again. It’s that simple. We just need squad depth and to stay away from mercenary players. Keep singing players on the up or just below world class and give them the shot. Long may it continue.

Last edited:

Betson

Wondering why many other teams didnt break the bank for him?

I suspect like us they were not 100% sure he could do in the premiership what he has done in Portugal , it is always a risk when the player is unproven at the very top level.

That has to be the reason why we did not not push hard for him last summer , remember Spurs were the ones who came closest to getting him but balked in the end.

Early days yet but so far he looks like he has both the talent and attitude to thrive in this league and this looks like one that will pay off for us.

arthurka

On the plus side, when next watch United next we’ll have Rashford and Pogba to join the party. Then whatever signings we make in the summer. Rather Ole is the man to take us forward long term or not, there’s no doubt he’s building a side that could be the next one to dominate English football.
I agree he is building something there. Next man in after him is taking over a very good and solid foundation.