Bruno Fernandes: Manchester United Player

Sara125

Nah. They’re just known as Sporting Lisbon in casual English because their name is Sporting Clube and they’re from Lisbon. Makes it easier for Non Portuguese speaking fans who wouldn’t know where they’re from.
Ahh okay. Thanks.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
To be fair Im 59 and in this country its always been reported/called as Sporting Lisbon. Just shows what the media knows eh?
Ya I get it it’s what people here it’s just the wrong thing. Shocking how it even started to begin with you know

Stan Jefferson

:lol: How do you people STILL not understand what Sport Witness actually does?
Sheer stupidity at this point. Not sure how many times people need telling but if they don't get it by now then I don't hold out hope they ever will.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Is this some kind of ‘Mandela Effect’ thing because I, and evidently a lot of others, am so sure the official name is/was Sporting Lisbon
It's gotta be, Lisbon has always been in the name in my memory.

SportingCP96

Supports
I can't be sure so dont take this as the correct answer, maybe it was some lazy ass Journo/tv presenter couldn't pronounce you're proper name correctly similar to they way they refer to Bayern Munchen as Bayern Munich due to the English having problems pronouncing the word Munchen, and why they use Bayern instead of Bavaria.
Anyway thanks for teaching my old ass something new.
All they had to say was Sporting tbf. Also why don’t emojis work when on the forum through iPhone?

Nick7

Ahh okay. Thanks.
Red Star Belgrade is similar. Their name in Serbian is Crvena zvezda which translates just to Red Star. But they’re called Red Star Belgrade in casual English used by the broadcasters.

SportingCP96

Supports
Is this some kind of ‘Mandela Effect’ thing because I, and evidently a lot of others, am so sure the official name is/was Sporting Lisbon
I can 100% guarantee that was not nor was it ever Sportings name. Some journalist started it I am assuming and it stuck form there on out. As I pointed out before “Lisbon” has never been in our name. In comparison Benfica HAVE “Lisbon” in there name but no one says “Benfica Lisbon” when In fact it makes a lot more sense.

In the same way people say “Porto” or “Benfica” our name is just “Sporting”.

Sara125

Red Star Belgrade is similar. Their name in Serbian is Crvena zvezda which translates just to Red Star. But they’re called Red Star Belgrade in casual English used by the broadcasters.
Didn’t know this either!

C'est Moi Cantona

I'm still struggling to work out why we just didn't do this in the summer, getting a pat on the back for finally reacting to what was bleeding obvious 6 months ago is a bit of stretch for me, just a shame the striker is likely going to be a 12 month delayed reaction.

SportingCP96

Supports
You have to click the smiley face above the text box. Just adding the emoji from the keyboard won’t work.
No I know but it still won’t work for some reason. It’s only working on my laptop.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Dinamo is name of the club, from city of Zagreb.
Hajduk is the name of the club from the city of Split.
But for some reason it is always Dinamo Zagreb, and Hajduk Split by English broadcasters.
It's like saying Tottenham London. Ridicilous.

Anyway, has he landed?

Art Vandelay

It's like Liverpool are known as Scummy Bastards but broadcasters call them Liverpool.

Nick7

Shark

@NotShark
This was surely a game for James? Why the feck are we seeing Lingard stink up the pitch again.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I largely avoided the transfer forum for the past few weeks, so this is a bit like waking up to find a present beneath the tree. A bit like the old pre-social media days when transfers just seemed to materialize with minimal anticipation. Highly recommended.