Bruno Fernandes: Manchester United Player

nameischarles

Great signing and on a good wage too, easier to offload if things don't work out but I think he will do well.

A striker on loan to cover for Martial and Greenwood would make this a good window.

TheRedHearted

Great signing and on a good wage too, easier to offload if things don't work out but I think he will do well.

A striker on loan to cover for Martial and Greenwood would make this a good window.
or we could buy Cavani. Depends on his wages but he can prolong his career if he limits his time long term or acts as a super sub

KekiZeki

I said here all along, if we have the right target and the price is acceptible we'll deal. And we did. We were not held randsom as this is the type of deals all major clubs make these days.

If they wanted too much money we'd back out. In the long run we lost more by paying huge fees than by not signing players right away.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I've watched some general highlights outside of pure goals and assists, and boy is his passing inconsistent. He may frustrate a lot of our fans but hopefully his work rate and eye for goal cancels it out.

UnitedChampionsAgain

I've watched some general highlights outside of pure goals and assists, and boy is his passing inconsistent. He may frustrate a lot of our fans but hopefully his work rate and eye for goal cancels it out.
Well that's a big worry if his passing is off. I thought he would be the one to create chances for Martial etc. Fred can't pass and Pogba is as good as gone so who's going to open up those tight defences?

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He's a #10. If these are high risk, high rewards passes it's fine. As long as he can pull off a simple one-two with Rashford or Martial in the final third I'm good.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's a #10. If these are high risk, high rewards passes it's fine. As long as he can pull off a simple one-two with Rashford or Martial in the final third I'm good.
I wasn't talking about high reward passes

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Really excited about this signing. The type of player we have been lacking in my opinion.

Ibi Dreams

Valencia could, and quite well.

He just didn't like talking to the media.
Where did you hear that?

I've seen him talk to the media and he never did it in English. Even as late as 2018 he was using an interpreter in press conferences.

re: Bruno, this is obviously anecdotal but I lived in Portugal for 9 months and was very impressed with the level of English that most young people there had. They seem to do a good job of teaching it at school. Dalot, for example, already spoke very good English before he got to United. Obviously means nothing if Bruno wasn't bothered about learning it though

Strelok

Depending on what kind of passes he usually pull off, if they are through balls or forward passes then of course it gonna be inconsistent.

DCP

£46m is a great deal, with another £8.46m due if we essentially get Champions League and he makes a number of appearances.

£54.46m, of which we probably already hold funds in Euros so are likely to pay even less, is a steal for a top 6 midfielder.

The way that the media spoke, it looked like it was a £80m+ deal.

SER19

No idea why but I'm starting to think he'll be fantastic here

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Could you imagine him in the same team as Lingard and his reaction when he kept messing up or Martial strolling about. Think once he settles in and gets to know everyone there might be a few getting the Bruno kick up the arse.
He would have had a nuclear meltdown with Martial and Lingard last night for their performances, and it would have been glorious to see. We have been lacking real fire in the team for ages, I'll be buzzing if Bruno brings that with him.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
:lol: What the feck have they done this for? To prove they got a decent deal?
Very likely. Selling Fernandes puts Sporting in a very bad spot as Fernandes is their by far best player as well as captain and they are having a terrible season with fans in uproar. I'd guess they posted the details to showcase they got a great deal.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol: What the feck have they done this for? To prove they got a decent deal?
Pretty sure all the Portuguese clubs have to do this, I remember Benfica and Porto doing similar.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So Luke Shaw is going to be earning roughly double what Bruno is. Sounds about right for our club that. Terrific deal for Fernandes. Surprised he's only on 70k a week though.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I don't like it when people on twitter and Youtube start to overanalyze players in order to create an impressive description and hype, and to "Oh look at me, me knowledgeable about FUTEBOL". It usually doesn't end up well.

Feck them with their anal ysis. Let Bruno play and proof himself. There were some muppets who overanalyzed Depay, Di Maria, Sanchez aswell. Next Ronaldo, the machine of Real Madrid car, the one finally worthy of wearing number 7, etc. I'm sick of it Robbie :rolleyes:

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
So Luke Shaw is going to be earning roughly double what Bruno is. Sounds about right for our club that. Terrific deal for Fernandes. Surprised he's only on 70k a week though.
I think its brilliant and hopefully is a sign that we are trying to rectify our appalling wage structure. Lingard might go this summer I reckon, along with a few others on inflated wages that don't match their ability.