Bruno Fernandes named in MOTD viewer team of the season

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Bit daft but absolutely the right decision. I’d have had Maguire in over VVD and Rashford over Mane too.

diarm

It's a pretty good team to be fair. Soyuncu getting deserved recognition - I remember saying we should be looking at him before Leicester did. He reminds me of Vidic the way he reads the play and then pounces to intercept dangerous moves early.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Silly for Bruno to get in after playing just five games.

Think Aguero is a bit lucky too given Vardy and Auba have scored more than him.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Hasn't Salah been off it this season? I only watched a few games to be fair so someone better equipped to make that judgement correct me if I'm way off the mark?

Hammondo

Silly for Bruno to get in after playing just five games.

Think Aguero is a bit lucky too given Vardy and Auba have scored more than him.
I would have vardy as well. He's been amazing.

cyberman

Hazard won player of the EL for playing less than that last season

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Now I see what the caf has been up to during lockdown.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Bit daft but absolutely the right decision. I’d have had Maguire in over VVD and Rashford over Mane too.

This team seems like everyone forgot who has played well and just chose Liverpool and City players. There were probably enough United fans to get Fernandes in that line up because he looked on another level for 5 games.

el3mel

It's kinda a very lazy team all things considered. Just picked the most well known names.

Brightonian

Online vote in leaning-massively-towards-Liverpool shocker!

The scouse care more about these things and always make their voices heard.

Hilarious that the only United player in there is the one who's only played 5 games, good as he's been. Rashford should be our name on that team sheet.

diarm

They're 25 points clear and have dropped 4 points in 30 games lads.

I like a bit of Liverpool bashing as much as the next guy but they could have 11 names on the list and it would be tough to complain.

Hammondo

Online vote in leaning-massively-towards-Liverpool shocker!

The scouse care more about these things and always make their voices heard.

Hilarious that the only United player in there is the one who's only played 5 games, good as he's been. Rashford should be our name on that team sheet.
They were clearly the best team by far, of course they have the most players.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I think Traore is unlucky.
Not that Bruno hasn't looked really good in his short time in the league, but wouldn't Fred make more sense from a United perspective?

Hazard won player of the EL for playing less than that last season
Unless I'm missing something, Hazard played more matches in that competition and Chelsea won it.

What's Henderson doing there?
He's been brilliant this season.

Last edited:

ShinjiNinja26

Absolutely love that Bruno’s got picked! :drool: Seeing the comments full of butt hurt Chelsea fans crying that Kovacic should’ve been in there. :lol:

cyberman

I think Traore is unlucky.
Not that Bruno hasn't looked really good in his short time in the league, but wouldn't Fred make more sense from a United perspective?

Unless I'm missing something, Hazard played more matches in that competition and Chelsea won it.
No

He's been brilliant this season.
Hazard started 4 games out of 15.
It should have been Guroud with his 11 goals and 5 assists. The final was the first and only match Eden contributed goals in

cyberman

Wrong wrong wrong.

Bruno played 5 games in the Prem and made this "Premier League Team of the Season".

Hazard played 8 games in the Europa that year he won the player of the trophy award.
451 minutes

cyberman

I totally agree with you that's it was a silly decision to give him that and also that Giroud deserved it.

None of that means Bruno played more though.
I saw the 4 starts! Im not far off

Red Royal

Every time I saw Salah he was pretty crap, apart from that goal against Chelski and the annoying last minute counter against us. Surely that spot could be taken by Grealish, Maddison or even Rashford

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
I thought we’d have someone in there tbh. Fernandes has had a van Dijk impact and instantly improved a team so I can understand the argument but 5 games is a bit ridiculous :lol:

Web of Bissaka

Mostly spot-on ---> back 5, KDB and Mane.

Not a good season for PL midfielders if Bruno and Henderson are in it though the latter is fair enough.
Bruno is that good but the number of games though.. "season" indeed.

Aguero's goals/min is ridiculously good so fair enough.
Vardy should be mentioned next.
Ignoring goals, I think Rashford should be ahead of Salah based purely on "performances".

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
If a Liverpool player got into this after 5 games for a 'team of the season' then we'd have 3 pages of laughing emojis. Bruno in there is comical, and I thought we took the piss out off Liverpool fans voting in numbers for polls, ffs. For shame.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The fact Aguero, Bruno (as great as he's been in the few games played) and Henderson are in has to be testament to how poor the top 5 of the PL is at the mo.

tenpoless

I see Robertson in every line up ever. From pundits' shitty lineups to lineups you see being posted on lineup creator websites. It boils my blood. He's not Roberto Carlos for god sake.