Bruno Fernandes named in MOTD viewer team of the season

SAFMUTD

I see Robertson in every line up ever. From pundits' shitty lineups to lineups you see being posted on lineup creator websites. It boils my blood. He's not Roberto Carlos for god sake.
But he’s the best left back in the league by a mile.

When you look at those names... the PL is a bit crap at the moment isn't it.

TheReligion

Abusive
If a Liverpool player got into this after 5 games for a 'team of the season' then we'd have 3 pages of laughing emojis. Bruno in there is comical, and I thought we took the piss out off Liverpool fans voting in numbers for polls, ffs. For shame.
It's a MOTD made up team. Who is going to lose sleep over it.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Reminds me of 06/07 when we had 7 players in the team of the season :(

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Bit daft but absolutely the right decision. I’d have had Maguire in over VVD and Rashford over Mane too.

Way to rob Jordan Henderson. He's had a FAR better season than Allison.

w1thout

TBH Bruno has no business being in that team after only 5 games.
In addition, Alisson missed like a third of the season through injury and suspension - I would have Dean Henderson over him, as he was key for Sheffield performing so solidly.

Walters_19_MuFc

Can't agrue with anyone on the list apart from Bruno. Been fantastic since his arrival but he's only had 5 games. I'd have probably had Maddison or Grealish there instead.

Based on statistics (which i'm a sticker for) whoscored had this as the team of the year:

Dante

Average bang
It's a public vote on the internet.

The only thing this result shows is how organised some fan groups are over others on Twitter and Reddit. Scousers gonn' scouse.

This is barely any more impartial than a Redcafe poll about football.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
They're 25 points clear and have dropped 4 points in 30 games lads.

I like a bit of Liverpool bashing as much as the next guy but they could have 11 names on the list and it would be tough to complain.
Agree and I despise the cnuts

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
These type of things are exactly what leads to players being ridiculed once they have their first bad patch.

Regarding TOTS(SF) Henderson should be in and Kovacic, Vardy, Aguero and Rashford deserve consideration but as much as it kills me to say it that's about as far as it goes regarding non Liverpool players, they're 25 points clear and any TOTS(SF) worth its salt will reflect that.

Davs

I think Salah and Bruno are the question marks in this side.

No doubt that if Bruno kept up his performances until the actual end of the season he would be in with a shout, but it is a bit nuts that he got in this Team of the Season from only a few games.

Some people have said this already, but Vardy over Aguero is a possible shout too.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Fully deserved. You don't need to the whole season to prove your worth. 5 games are good enough :drool:

arthurka

They're 25 points clear and have dropped 4 points in 30 games lads.

I like a bit of Liverpool bashing as much as the next guy but they could have 11 names on the list and it would be tough to complain.
This.. best team in the league by far this season. Hate it but it is a Rafa Fact that.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
In terms of alternatives for Aguero's position, Danny Ings probably deserves a mention. Has scored one goal less than Aguero despite playing for an absolutely shite team, almost single handedly keeping them afloat.

Baneofthegame

Actually think Dean Henderson was robbed, Bruno shouldn’t be in there, but this is what happens with fan polls.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Bruno? Really?! :lol: :lol: five games is far sample size. Think even Ole's new manager purple patch lasted longer than that! And I rate Bruno highly! Hey, wonder if he'll make the Portuguese league's list too, be the 1st player to make two lists in the same season.

Web of Bissaka

^ Not sure if this is right thread for that but yeah :drool: he's somewhat of a jokester.

I bet Bruno 's also like that offline = in real life, but with a hot mean streak when needed to be. Reminded me of Zlatan in that specific sense.

Damn that McSauce 12 packs? :eek:

Web of Bissaka

Hey, wonder if he'll make the Portuguese league's list too, be the 1st player to make two lists in the same season.
Good chance he will, although I think there's any official team of the season there yet.

Didn't won any of their player of the month awards but came close many times.

Did won thrice midfielder of the month:
  • August
  • September
  • January (before he left)
Then again this is motd viewer votes, not official. Wonder if Bruno will be named in PL's official team of the season.

dal

Bit daft but absolutely the right decision. I’d have had Maguire in over VVD and Rashford over Mane too.
Rashford over Mane is fair game

but

Maguire over VVD :lol:

Utdstar01

He may fully deserve it come end of the season. Lets see how we finish.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Proving his doubters in this thread wrong. Should be a shoo-in for team of the year.