Bruno Fernandes on denying Man City’s treble, success at Man Utd and Ten Hag’s will to win | ESPN FC

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
How any United fan can dislike Bruno is beyond me.
What a legend. So happy that he came to our club...

city-puma

This reminds me what some former players did after 7:0 at Anfield. I am still angry at them and what they did to Ole, Carrick, and McKenna.

mshnsh

I don't hate him. I think he is a good footballer but not good enough if we really want to challenge for the title and in that way similar to Rashford.

Alfie092

I don't hate him. I think he is a good footballer but not good enough if we really want to challenge for the title and in that way similar to Rashford.
I agree! Good squad player at best if we want to reach the top. Would he start for City? No he wouldn't! So if we want to get to the top why are we ignoring the fact that his position is an area that needs fixing if we are serious as a club?

While I don't rate Mount too highly, I would start him ahead of Bruno in the #10 role.

AndersB

You don't hate Bruno Fernandes, who has played pretty much every minute for us since he joined, wears the armband, and has 60+ goals and 50+ assists.

We'll be sure to let him know

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Scores goals, assists, top teamwork and work rate. And he is not good enough?

And hate? You meant "rate" right? Right?:confused:

klsv

What a turn this thread took :houllier:

Wouldn't start over KDB, must be shite, let's replace him with Mount. No hate, though.

el3mel

What a turn this thread took :houllier:

Wouldn't start over KDB, must be shite, let's replace him with Mount. No hate, though.
He wouldn't start over KDB indeed, though. The rest is hyberpole, I agree. He's one of our best players and we can't afford to be without him even despite all his faults and inconsistencies.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
KDB would get hate on here for not saving our passes every game. While he is the better player the caf would still get bored of their shiny new toy.

Baxquux

KDB would get hate on here for not saving our passes every game. While he is the better player the caf would still get bored of their shiny new toy.
Yeah, KDB is by most metrics a better player, but an interesting experiment would be swapping Fernandes circa 2018 and having him coached by Guardiola , with KDB at the stage he was at when he transferred to City and having him coached by a fading Mourinho and then playing under Ole-ball regime. KDB might still end up being judged better as a technician and provider of assists but it'd be fairly minimal by comparison.

mshnsh

Scores goals, assists, top teamwork and work rate. And he is not good enough?

And hate? You meant "rate" right? Right?:confused:
I don't think you understand my point. He is a good footballer but not someone to take us to the next level which is what we should be aiming for. This is true for Rashford too. But neither should be priority to replace unless someone better becomes magically available.

I'm not saying he is poor unlike say Sancho, Antony or McFred who should not be Manchester United players imo.

mu4c_20le

I don't think you understand my point. He is a good footballer but not someone to take us to the next level which is what we should be aiming for. This is true for Rashford too. But neither should be priority to replace unless someone better becomes magically available.

I'm not saying he is poor unlike say Sancho, Antony or McFred who should not be Manchester United players imo.
But Rashford would walk into the City team.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
You don't hate Bruno Fernandes, who has played pretty much every minute for us since he joined, wears the armband, and has 60+ goals and 50+ assists.

We'll be sure to let him know
Our talisman is 28 years old, yet HE HAS NEVER PLAYED IN A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE semi final in his life.

Our 28 year old talisman who has not won a league title in his career. Sporting won a league title after he left them.

Compare him to Bernardo Silva, same age 28 years. He has won multiple league titles in every country he has played in. Portugal (even if he was fringe player) , France, England where he has earned his cake.

Bernardo has played in multiple champions league semifinals. Scored multiple goals in champions league semifinals. By weekend he will have played in 2nd Champions league final. By weekend he might a treble winner.

By the way they did cost almost same amount of money £47m - £43m, same age 28 years, same physical stature, but one has achieved genuine success without overrating from fans while another has won nothing of substance in his career but treated by a royalty.

If Bruno was as good as many of our fans make him to be, he would have been a very decorated player with multiples titles to boot having played in the biggest games in the planet.
Generally, elite footballers have big titles to show and are involved in big games/high stakes games where they leave their mark.

red_de_pologne

Our talisman is 28 years old, yet HE HAS NEVER PLAYED IN A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE semi final in his life.

Our 28 year old talisman who has not won a league title in his career. Sporting won a league title after he left them.

Compare him to Bernardo Silva, same age 28 years. He has won multiple league titles in every country he has played in. Portugal (even if he was fringe player) , France, England where he has earned his cake.

Bernardo has played in multiple champions league semifinals. Scored multiple goals in champions league semifinals. By weekend he will have played in 2nd Champions league final. By weekend he might a treble winner.

By the way they did cost almost same amount of money £47m - £43m, same age 28 years, same physical stature, but one has achieved genuine success without overrating from fans while another has won nothing of substance in his career but treated by a royalty.

If Bruno was as good as many of our fans make him to be, he would have been a very decorated player with multiples titles to boot having played in the biggest games in the planet.
Generally, elite footballers have big titles to show and are involved in big games/high stakes games where they leave their mark.
my IQ dropped by a solid couple points just by reading that drivel

Marcelinho87

Bruno Fernandes would have double his stats in the City team, he provides on a platter all the time and our other players fail to capitalise.

Also calling Antony poor after one season and putting him in the mcfred category, poor post.

El Jefe

Yeah, KDB is by most metrics a better player, but an interesting experiment would be swapping Fernandes circa 2018 and having him coached by Guardiola , with KDB at the stage he was at when he transferred to City and having him coached by a fading Mourinho and then playing under Ole-ball regime. KDB might still end up being judged better as a technician and provider of assists but it'd be fairly minimal by comparison.
Bruno Fernandes would have double his stats in the City team, he provides on a platter all the time and our other players fail to capitalise.

Also calling Antony poor after one season and putting him in the mcfred category, poor post.
These hypotheticals of Bruno at City would never work because Pep would never want him.

A creative midfielder that isn't press resistant, can't dribble and is loose in possession, there's just no way Pep would entertain that. There's not a single weak link in the team in midfield and attack when pressed because they can all beat their man comfortably.

He's the anthisesis of a Pep player. That doesn't make him a bad player but the idea his numbers would skyrocket is one that I don't buy. We've seen Bruno in the scenario where he gets the most numbers and that was under Ole and at Sporting where he had carte blanche to do what he liked creatively and on the counter attack. Great for numbers but its not winning football and Bruno in general isn't a winning player IMO.