Bruno Fernandes performances 2019/20

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Can you fix his name in the thread because it is spelt wrong.

Anyways just Bruno doing Bruno things. That third assist is just class. Even in a off game he gets all 3 assists in all 3 goals that we scored. The man is brilliant.

I appreciate you letting us have him for at least another season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Anyways just Bruno doing Bruno things. That third assist is just class. Even in a off game he gets all 3 assists in all 3 goals that we scored. The man is brilliant.

You're more than welcome..

SportingCP96

Supports
You're more than welcome..
Don't know why you don't rate him but to each there own I guess :lol: Had he started instead of Lingard I would bet the result could of been different vs Palace. He probably would of scored all the penalties too:nono:;)

In all seriousness though he really deserves a move to a better team because he is simply head and shoulders above everyone in this league and it is not even close.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Don't know why you don't rate him but to each there own I guess :lol: Had he started instead of Lingard I would bet the result could of been different vs Palace. He probably would of scored all the penalties too:nono:;)

In all seriousness though he really deserves a move to a better team because he is simply head and shoulders above everyone in this league and it is not even close.
From those highlights Raphinha looked pretty tasty. Two great finishes. Especially the first.

It's a bit of a weird situation. Both with his agents (if Castles is correct) and with the car salesman feel of really wanting to sell him and then insisting on 70m. I don't doubt he'd improve us though.

SportingCP96

Supports
From those highlights Raphinha looked pretty tasty. Two great finishes. Especially the first.

It's a bit of a weird situation. Both with his agents (if Castles is correct) and with the car salesman feel of really wanting to sell him and then insisting on 70m. I don't doubt he'd improve us though.
Raphinha is very inconsistent especially in front of goal but he deserves credit today because he did well.

As for Bruno truly a very weird Saga. I mean I think its obvious to most the lads got quality and I truly believe he was going to United before the Felix move but then Sporting wanted to be prideful and raised the price for their biggest assist (admittedly somewhat understandable). I see this Saga continuing though. Credit to him though because it looked as though the whole falling of the transfer was getting too him but he is still being decisive.

SportingCP96

Supports
I'd get 6 assists per game in the Portuguese League.
This isn't the Scottish or the Dutch league. It is funny the disrespect our league gets but when you look at every top team in the world there is a player(s) that came from the Portuguese league.

It is not a high scoring league either which makes this post even more ignorant.

SportingCP96

Supports
Funny, because that crystal palace team just looked like bottom half Portuguese team and no one got 6 assists.
Ignore it. Simple ignorance of someone who only knows the mainstream leagues.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Raphinha is very inconsistent especially in front of goal but he deserves credit today because he did well.

As for Bruno truly a very weird Saga. I mean I think its obvious to most the lads got quality and I truly believe he was going to United before the Felix move but then Sporting wanted to be prideful and raised the price for their biggest assist (admittedly somewhat understandable). I see this Saga continuing though. Credit to him though because it looked as though the whole falling of the transfer was getting too him but he is still being decisive.
Has he not been linked with a move to other countries besides England?

I don't really think the Felix situation is comparable, even if Bruno was a standout player in the Portuguese league last season. Felix was allegedly pursued by many elite clubs, which increased his market price immediately, and at 19 he's probably the most exciting teenager in world football along with Sancho and de Ligt. Unlike Bruno, he hasn't made a move abroad before that's not turned out successful. There is really no reason his price should affect Bruno's price. I would much rather have Felix for 113m than Bruno for 70m. Which is not to say I wouldn't want Bruno.

SportingCP96

Supports
Has he not been linked with a move to other countries besides England?

I don't really think the Felix situation is comparable, even if Bruno was a standout player in the Portuguese league last season. Felix was allegedly pursued by many elite clubs, which increased his market price immediately, and at 19 he's probably the most exciting teenager in world football along with Sancho and de Ligt. Unlike Bruno, he hasn't made a move abroad before that's not turned out successful. There is really no reason his price should affect Bruno's price. I would much rather have Felix for 113m than Bruno for 70m. Which is not to say I wouldn't want Bruno.
Which names sense as I have said before 60M would be a very fair price for Bruno in todays market.

Also worth noting Bruno had over 100 games in Italy by 21 so that says something about his ability as well. Lets see how this season pans out now.

Would be funny if at some point we drew United in the EL:lol:

Holocene

Which names sense as I have said before 60M would be a very fair price for Bruno in todays market.

Also worth noting Bruno had over 100 games in Italy by 21 so that says something about his ability as well. Lets see how this season pans out now.

Would be funny if at some point we drew United in the EL:lol:
Would love to see him against us.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

He's a good player there's no question about that. I'm just not sure he suits us as far controlling a game goes which I think is what we're missing. I personally think we (United) should give a opportunity to the son of a former Portuguese Youth International (Gil Gomes) who looks to be a outstanding talent in the making and operates in the same role as Fernandes.

Fernandes is levels better than Lingard and it's not even close. But I'd like to see us give young Angel Gomes every opportunity before we decide to spend big on a #10. And we've actually put ourselves in a position to do so with the way we've let our midfield become as bad as I've ever seen it.

Fernandes will definitely move to either Spain or England before long. His pressing ability along with his delivery and rocket of a shot will rack up many goals and assists for someone. It might even be us, who knows.

hungrywing

He's a good player there's no question about that. I'm just not sure he suits us as far controlling a game goes which I think is what we're missing. I personally think we (United) should give a opportunity to the son of a former Portuguese Youth International (Gil Gomes) who looks to be a outstanding talent in the making and operates in the same role as Fernandes.

Fernandes is levels better than Lingard and it's not even close. But I'd like to see us give young Angel Gomes every opportunity before we decide to spend big on a #10. And we've actually put ourselves in a position to do so with the way we've let our midfield become as bad as I've ever seen it.

Fernandes will definitely move to either Spain or England before long. His pressing ability along with his delivery and rocket of a shot will rack up many goals and assists for someone. It might even be us, who knows.
Multiple aspects involved in accomplishing the bolded part, though, aren't there; i.e. better attacking function up front = more passive opposition, better ball-winning in midfield = more passive opposition, etc.

I think anyone would agree Fernandes has shown enough goal/threat + passing ability to indicate he'd go a fair ways towards contributing towards the former. Like you said, certainly light years more than Lingard. (the 'misplaces too many passes' farce was clearly a Woodward-dictated 'De Ligt genes iz fat' type idiocy) We all know a huge part of the reason our opposition will gamble on 'two banks of four' is because they know we don't have that element in our squad. Can Gomes be that element? We all hope so.

Plus we had enough games to accommodate both a new no.10 and Gomes.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Multiple aspects involved in accomplishing the bolded part, though, aren't there; i.e. better attacking function up front = more passive opposition, better ball-winning in midfield = more passive opposition, etc.

I think anyone would agree Fernandes has shown enough goal/threat + passing ability to indicate he'd go a fair ways towards contributing towards the former. Like you said, certainly light years more than Lingard. (the 'misplaces too many passes' farce was clearly a Woodward-dictated 'De Ligt genes iz fat' type idiocy) We all know a huge part of the reason our opposition will gamble on 'two banks of four' is because they know we don't have that element in our squad. Can Gomes be that element? We all hope so.

Plus we had enough games to accommodate both a new no.10 and Gomes.
Gomes from what I've seen coming through, has very high playmaking capabilities and is a better link man as far as knitting things to together to open up angles hence falling into the controlling midfielder/#10 categorie we badly need potentially IMO.

Fernandes would suit Liverpool more than us due to his directness and work rate which would be perfect for Klopp. It would also give them a huge goal threat/productivity in a position where they're below par IMO which would give them a boost.

What United needs is someone who can step on the ball and control/dictate from time to time and help relieve Pogba of the creative burden which is solely placed on him at this moment in time. I feel Fernandes is just too direct and looks for the killer ball too much for my liking and I would prefer a different style of player due to how weak our midfield is. We actually need players who can control a game right now for obvious reasons and think Gomes has the potential to be that player for us.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
United had ~70% possession against Wolves and Palace. But we only scored one goal on each games. Why do we need more control of the game?

It's obvious we need a player that can score, or make that possession count.

Last edited:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Funny, because that crystal palace team just looked like bottom half Portuguese team and no one got 6 assists.
Palace would win the Portuguese league easily. They looked bad because they were playing against a very good United side, that would walk the portuguese league. Palace weren’t playing against Braga here. United may not be great in the PL at the moment but Porto and Benfica would be dominated by them.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Palace would win the Portuguese league easily. They looked bad because they were playing against a very good United side, that would walk the portuguese league. Palace weren’t playing against Braga here. United may not be great in the PL at the moment but Porto and Benfica would be dominated by them.
What a car crash of a post. I genuinely thought this was satire :houllier:

Sylar

What a car crash of a post. I genuinely thought this was satire :houllier:
Well in the post he managed to say United are very good and also not great. (at least one part was correct).

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Porto and Benfica would both comfortably finish above Palace IMO. And I suspect SCP would too even with all their troubles.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
United had ~70% possession against Wolves and Palace. But we only scored one goal on each games. Why do we need more control of the game?

It's obvious we need a player that can score, or make that possession count.
I'm not talking about controlling a game where we see McTominay and Lingard just pass it safe for the majority of the game or run around just closing/pressing the opposition.

I'm talking about a player that has the passing capabilities to control the flow with with his vision and provide the decisiveness we're lacking bar Pogba. We have too many safe pass merchants which is why we're seeing a high possession % with little return from central areas.

We're missing another player with the craft/class/guile to unlock defences.

meamth

Meh, you guys just want this player because Klopp hugged with him during pre season. Nothing player.

....I wish we could've signed him..

Adcuth

Amended

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal
The ignorance here amazes me. Haha

Palace would win the league its one of the funniest things I ever read. Also, saying that only the Porto, Sporting and Benfica will be higher then Palace isn't that better. :lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
Porto, Benfica, and a good Sporting (not the one I am currently subjected to seeing every weekend) would beat most teams in the EPL bar the usual top clubs. Liverpool, City, Arsenal, United, Spurs, Chelsea, Besides those clubs the big 3 would beat the others and have done so in European competitions on a consistent basis.

Palace would win the Portuguese league is just idiotic, Braga could beat Palace in a 2 legged game or even at home.

SportingCP96

Supports

Ole needs to drop Lingard and just have the balls to start Gomes. Screw the idea of "he's too young" In football my opinion is If you're good enough you're old enough.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
His assists came against a team many have probably never heard of called 'Portimonense'

The first assist could've been made by most on the Caf tbh.

The second assist came about after one of the SCP players threaded a beautiful ball through to Fernandes who made a good run and from close range passed it across for a tap in. Portimonense tried pushing up to play the SCP players offside but got it badly wrong IMO.

The third assist came about after Fernandes was afforded all the time in the world to receive a pass on the left edge of the area whilst he was static and he took his time to cross it into the box for assist #3. You'd think he'd be marked closely due to his record, but the opposition stood of and allowed him time to pick his targeted player which was a bad error by the Portimonense players IMO.

Here are the short highlights..

That first assist though :drool::drool::drool:

Shades of Enrique to Maradona :cool:

NJM78

Should have signed him especially if Pogba wasnt going to be the number 10. But we have Lingard and Mata, two players if you combined both of them may be half decent. Shame both individually are so flawed and limited.

But of course its only the Portugese league, not good enough for us. Not the right profile etc.

SportingCP96

Supports
Feck me. Really? This is a thing now? Performance threads on every player we were linked with? Christ. This place...
I agree with this... there was already a Bruno thread open on the football forum.